[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moss & Brady

Vinatieri Is God

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... Seems like they shouldn't have an option in my opinion, unless they are willing to part with whatever bonuses they may have earned by making the Pro Bowl. Not sure either of them earned a bonus for making the pro bowl, but shame on them for skipping one of the highest honors of their profession because they just didn't feel up to it. And whatever minor injuries they might have are irrelevant because they could play one series and be done anyway...

Jerks. :wacko:

:D

Come on..it happens all the time...every year..players bag out of it with a 'mystery injury'....Brady got beat up on Sunday....sure playing another game of football is furthest from his mind right now....In the history of the Pro Bowl, I am not sure if Dan Marino EVER played in one? seemed like he was absent every time.....i could be wrong......I think it's a non issue.....

I have played high level competitive athletics(baseball thru college, and actually attended an open tryout for the Phils)...I dont doubt that Brady has an ankle issue but I think this just adds to the fact that BB snubs his nose at the injury report and I guess that is/was my point about the ankle being the reason for bowing out.

How about that?? I played college baseball myself. Got to play the NY State All Star game in Yankee Stadium my junior and senior year (I spit on the monuments). Good times.

I guess we both agree that Belichick has a definitive disdain for the injury report, we just disagree as to how important that is.

How about that?? I played college baseball myself. Got to play the NY State All Star game in Yankee Stadium my junior and senior year(I spit on the monuments). Good times.

I guess we both agree that Belichick has a definitive disdain for the injury report, we just disagree as to how important that is.

You just raised your stock to a whole new level on the Boston scum bag exchange .

Too bad the best wr ever can't go over the middle, huh?

Catching in traffic has never been one of Moss' strengths. He can suddenly revert to alligator arms in the middle of the field if the route is 20 yds or less downfield. Ask Culpepper how many of his INT's were the result of Moss not being interested in contact.

I heard that Brady plays in a Pro Am golf tournamet every year and its the same weekend as the Pro Bowl. A lot of people were talking even before he superbowl that he would not go.

he usually plays at Pebble Beach every year, as it is near where he is from...and, wouldnt you know it, it is scheduled for this weekend!

How the hell is he gonna get around the golf course on that ankle? Not to mention swinging a club with that bum shoulder. :wacko:

didnt say he was playing THIS year...just know he has in the past.

i do know he is back east right now, and supposedly, heading to Costa Rica with Giselle!

legit injury :wacko:

But a high ankle sprain is not?

Moss limping post-game isn't reason enough? He could be injured as well.

Gates was playing in post-season as well. Giving his all for a game that actually means something.

Forgive them for not wanting to be horse-collared by Roy Williams in a meaningless game, that is more about vacationing than an actual game. No one is being deprived. No one CARES about the game...

This whole thread is just more jealous anti-Pats venom. They lost. You would think some people would be able to let their hatred go after that.

Was the Emperor still hated and feared after he took an "L" from Vader?

Edited by ROYALWITCHEESE

Gates was playing in post-season as well. Giving his all for a game that actually means something.

Forgive them for not wanting to be horse-collared by Roy Williams in a meaningless game, that is more about vacationing than an actual game. No one is being deprived. No one CARES about the game...

This whole thread is just more jealous anti-Pats venom. They lost. You would think some people would be able to let their hatred go after that.

I'm sure that some of this thread is anti-Pats motivated, but the point here is that they don't appear to have significant injuries and are skipping the Pro Bowl rather than not being able to play due to injury. Of course, even in the off-season, I'm sure we'll never really know the extent of their injuries. They very well could have legitimate injuries, in which case it makes sense for them not to play in the Pro Bowl. I guess I am in the camp of people who suspects that their injuries are not significant.

Also, why should players have the ability to just decide they don't want to play in the Pro Bowl because they don't feel like it or have a golf tournament they'd rather play in? Don't they work for the NFL ultimately, so isn't the Pro Bowl a company event? I guess the NFL is to blame for not requiring attendance unless you've got a doctor's note.

Then again, I don't think I've ever watched a Pro Bowl, so I guess this truly is a piddly story. Maybe if something important was on the line like, for instance, having a home game for the Super Bowl next season for the team whose conference wins, I'd be compelled to watch. :wacko:

I'm sure that some of this thread is anti-Pats motivated, but the point here is that they don't appear to have significant injuries and are skipping the Pro Bowl rather than not being able to play due to injury. Of course, even in the off-season, I'm sure we'll never really know the extent of their injuries. They very well could have legitimate injuries, in which case it makes sense for them not to play in the Pro Bowl. I guess I am in the camp of people who suspects that their injuries are not significant.

Also, why should players have the ability to just decide they don't want to play in the Pro Bowl because they don't feel like it or have a golf tournament they'd rather play in? Don't they work for the NFL ultimately, so isn't the Pro Bowl a company event? I guess the NFL is to blame for not requiring attendance unless you've got a doctor's note.

Then again, I don't think I've ever watched a Pro Bowl, so I guess this truly is a piddly story. Maybe if something important was on the line like, for instance, having a home game for the Super Bowl next season for the team whose conference wins, I'd be compelled to watch. :wacko:

Marino was voted to NINE Pro Bowls, but only played in TWO.....im sure some were legitimate injuries, due to his career, but I doubt he missed 7 Pro Bowls due to a season ending, or serious injury....I would wager that some instances, he opted out to rest.....

Favre was voted in as the STARTER as well.....yet, he isn't going....Why no fuss about that? Its a glorified event for the NFL...unlike MLB, alll the winning team gets is bragging rights.......Let a young QB like Derek Anderson take Brady's place.....

Edited by chinatown dragons

Marino was voted to NINE Pro Bowls, but only played in TWO.....im sure some were legitimate injuries, due to his career, but I doubt he missed 7 Pro Bowls due to a season ending, or serious injury....I would wager that some instances, he opted out to rest.....

Favre was voted in as the STARTER as well.....yet, he isn't going....Why no fuss about that? Its a glorified event for the NFL...unlike MLB, alll the winning team gets is bragging rights.......Let a young QB like Derek Anderson take Brady's place.....

Favre should be there too or forfeit any money he earned by making the Pro Bowl. I think the fuss about Brady and Moss is that this news comes right after a tough loss in the SB. Makes it look like they're sore losers, even though their attendance at the Pro Bowl is probably unrelated.

If they just want to come out and say they arent going then thats FINE...but if BB isnt gonna list BRADY on the injury report leading up to the SB for his HIGH ANKLE SPRAIN then I am not gonna take that as a reason for him not attending the Pro Bowl. If Moss got hurt and is limping then fine so be it but I think MOST people would call BS on that too...Gates had a dislocated toe and played thru it(not well either)...The Pro Bowl might be a joke but some of these guys get bonuses for making it...with that said unless they have a "Doctors Note" I think they should be required to play in the game...if they dont want to play in the damn game then get the game nixed in the next CBA or however they could do that

Doubt they would have played if they had won, so I won't say is is a classless move, But I don't agree with the assertion that it was classy of them to drop out to allow someone else to play either.

I am in the pleasant place right now where nothing those aholes do bothers me, because they don't matter anymore until next season. At which time I will resume hating them.