[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FWIW Recruiting News

Rockerbraves

Here are some significant signees that were up in the air or decommitted

Enrique Davie 5* RB -- Ole Miss

Joe Adams 4* WR -- Arkansas (Decommitted from USC)

Dallas Thomas 3* OL-- Tennessee

Deion Walker 4* WR-- Notre Dame (flirted with Penn St.)

Greg Shaw 4* OL-- LSU (over West Virginia)

Josh Jenkins 4* OL -- West Virginia (over Ohio St.)

Jermaine Thomas 3* RB -- Florida St. (over LSU)

Ramon Buchanon 4* ATH -- Miami, FL (Decommitted from UF)

Ricky Barnum 4* C -- Michigan (Decommitted from UF)

Michael Shaw 4* RB -- Michigan (over Penn St.)

Corey Liuget 4* DT -- Illinois (Over Miami and LSU)

Tommy Streeter 4* WR -- Miami (over S.Car)

Bo Tillman 4* OT -- Southern Miss

Benjamin Jones 4* OL -- Miami

Roy Roundtree -- 4* WR -- Michgan (decommitted from Purdue)

Marcus Robinson -- 4* LB -- Miami (flirted with LSU and USC)

Dwayne Allen 4* TE -- Clemson (Decommitted from UGA)

Aaron Boyd 4* WR -- Kentucky (over Oregon)

Charles Mitchell 4* CB -- Miss. St (over USM, Ole Miss)

Marcal Robinson 3* CB -- Southern Miss (Decommitted from Arkansas)

Antoine McClain 4* OL-- Clemson (over Tennessee and LSU)

Edited by Rockerbraves

I'm not unhappy with USC's class, although we're not as highly ranked as previous years, due to fewer skill position guys. We needed more trench guys, OL and DL, and we got 10 of them. Apparently, USC and OSU both did well in this specific area. If anyone else has interest in what the Trojans did, here's a link to a local blog and the thread that discusses it.

Daily News, USC football blog - 2008 Signing Day notes

And here are Carroll's comments:

USC 2008 Signing day comments

Edited by Coffeeman

Oh we Knew about Perry, here in Michigan! Petey

Thats 2 top kids this pig$$$ has stolen from Michigan...

When will the Ncaa step in, and Bust his sorry ass... The day is coming Petey!!!

Yeah Perry was a big time recruit here in Michigan, probably th e#2 talked about recruit on signed day here behind Pryor.

Yeah it sucks Pete has gotten our top two guys that past few years but that just because of Carr and then the change in coaching this year and of course SC is a nice destination and who knows what he has offerred them. I think it has more to do with the coaching situation both years.

I think RJ and NP were both UM fans so it sucks that they left.

We did pretty good this year with or w/o Pryor. Next year is going to be a tough year unless our Defense has a huge year which I think is possible and quite frankly is what wins ball games.

We are building for 09 and 10 and if we have an OSU type 08 like they did in 07 then great but I'll be content with a 9-4 / 10-3 type year and if for some reason it's worse I won't be jumping off any bridges.

I'm not unhappy with USC's class, although we're not as highly ranked as previous years, due to fewer skill position guys. We needed more trench guys, OL and DL, and we got 10 of them. Apparently, USC and OSU both did well in this specific area. If anyone else has interest in what the Trojans did, here's a link to a local blog and the thread that discusses it.

Daily News, USC football blog - 2008 Signing Day notes

And here are Carroll's comments:

USC 2008 Signing day comments

You guys getting TJ Bryant out of Lincoln was a really nice pick up. Should be a good corner.

You guys getting TJ Bryant out of Lincoln was a really nice pick up. Should be a good corner.

Agreed - he recently commented something like (paraphrased) 'All coaches talk about playing time for freshman, but you see it year and year out at SC.' Unlike his fellow recruit Joe Adams, who fled to ARK, due to concerns over playing time. Good move for Joe too, probably: if you don't have the confidence to do it, it might be a self-fulfilling prophesy at USC....