[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best chain sub store

peteteacher2001

I think Schlotsky's is a nationwide chain, isn't it? :wacko: I've never actually been there, but have been tempted.

Schlostsky's, to me, sort of gives you slightly better quality for a higher price, but isn't as good as a REAL deli would be.

At most Illinois college towns there is at least one or two Jimmy Johns. Late LATE night delivery so I can't quite say if they have a really good sub sober BUT, as with most food after 2am, it was most delicioso! Anyone else ever had them?

Forgot about Jimmy Johns...

love that crap.

Stretching the definition a bit, Panera isn't really a "sub" place, but they have damn good sandwiches.

Love the chicken salad and the new chipolte chicken.

Panera was originally called St. Louis Bread Co. Their offices are right up from my office. :wacko:

Do you mean the White House?

Oops! Boy that was a slip that I didn't even realize. Yes, that's what I meant. :wacko:

I love their subs! I'm surprised that someone hasn't tried to open one up in Vegas somewhere, but it's such a Jersey shore tradition that it's hard to imagine the owners ever allowing that.

Edited by TDFFFreak

Schlostsky's, to me, sort of gives you slightly better quality for a higher price, but isn't as good as a REAL deli would be.

mm, i could eat schlotzsky's every day. my parents have one a mile from them, but there aren't any around here. :wacko:

Oops! Boy that was a slip that I didn't even realize. Yes, that's what I meant. :wacko:

I love their subs! I'm surprised that someone hasn't tried to open one up in Vegas somewhere, but it's such a Jersey shore tradition that it's hard to imagine the owners ever allowing that.

I actually don't like their subs at all. . .I know it's an AC landmark but every time I go there I'm disappointed. Last time I got a cheesesteak with onion and mushrooms. Not enough meat, soggy bread and worst of all, the mushrooms were from a can and ICE FRIGGIN COLD.

I don't go there any more. I either do my subs at Sack-O's or Wawa.

We have a new joint around us called Jersey Giant Subs I belive. I actually had a few of these while visiting our Lansing office a few years back. Freshly made, solid meats and bread.

Hey Pud, that Quiznos by you is in a terrible spot, not so much the location but how it was positioned. The Taco Bell did ok there but for some reason didn't seem like a good fit for the Q.

Jersey Giant Is a Lansing chain that has several locations . . . my favorite cold sandwich. Another regional chain (Flint-based, but they're all around mid-Michigan) that knocks my socks off is Big John's Steak and Onion. A quasi-Philly-style steak sandwich.

Nationally, Quizno's is tasty (plus a pepper bar!) but they're not as good as they'll have you believe (or charge you for). I like Jimmy John's ingredients and approach, but have never been a big fan of the bread. Subway has been making an effort lately, but the ridiculous toaster oven toys they've got? They'd be better off without. I'll take Blimpie over Subway given the choice, but the local Blimpies have fallen on hard times; a couple have closed in the last year.

Peace

policy