[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will A. Peterson ever rush for 2,000 yards?

Outshined

No. He'll never play a full 16 game season.

I disagree. I think he hit the rookie wall this season coupled with the knee injury. I also believe that the NFL caliber training will help him build strength he will need for the rigors of a 16 game season. I see Peterson breaking a lot of rushing records including most rushing yards in a season!

behind LT and if chester sticks around and continues to get carries , i would drop him to 4th probably

I like healthy S Jax , Addai and possibly westbrook (in ppr league ) ahead of him

if he gets the full load i would put him at 2 behind LT

I wouldn't put Addai over him in any league.

In a redraft I go

Westbrook

Tomlinson

Peterson/Jackson

Addai

In a dynasty I go

Peterson

Jackson/Tomlinson

Addai

Put it to you this way:

As a guy who owns him in a dynasty-ish league, I sure hope not.

I'd rather have 8yrs of 1500 yds per season (with 12-18 TDs / yr) than to have three years of huge production, punctuated by a 2300yd rushing season...only to get hurt and flail around for a few years before being shown the door.

While I think Chester Taylor will play a big role in limiting his overall value, for me, the bigger question is if the Vikings improve their passing game to point where opposing defenses have to at least consider a pass at times. If the passing game takes steps towards respectability, I think he becomes my #1 pick.

I love LT, but I think he may have peeked and is starting on his way down. He'll still be huge, but I think I'd rather go with AP, a stud offensive line and his youth as the place to start my team in both redrafts or a dynasty.

I love LT, but I think he may have peeked and is starting on his way down. He'll still be huge, but I think I'd rather go with AP, a stud offensive line and his youth as the place to start my team in both redrafts or a dynasty.

very wise

My biggest concern with Peterson is his consistency. He did most of his fantasy damage this year in 4 games but had a few real clunkers. I assume that he will become more consistent as he matures more into the NFL. He sure looked great in the Pro Bowl. He has more upside than LT at #1 IMO (It feels like the only place LT can go from where he's been the last two years is down).

Edited by MTSuper7

• 2 weeks later...

Adrian Peterson will be one of the greatest backs to run the ball in the NFL of course hes going to run for over 2,000 yards and i think he will pass many greats in the all time rushing yards category. I mean look at him he is sharing the load right now with Taylor and yet he came 100 yards short to LT. Just wait till he is an every down back he is just going to take over. Mark my words "ONE OF THE GREATEST BACKS IN THE NFL!!!!"

Put it to you this way:

I'd rather have 8yrs of 1500 yds per season (with 12-18 TDs / yr) than to have three years of huge production, punctuated by a 2300yd rushing season...only to get hurt and flail around for a few years before being shown the door.

that would be a great 3 years....great trade bait as well..

Put it to you this way:

Put it to you this way:

He may not need many more carries than what a typical RB gets in the league to do it.

I see ADP hitting 2k twice in his career, once he will blow it away, hitting 2k around week 13 or 14. The second time will come no sooner than five years from now, and it will a hit and miss season, 5-6 games about 175-200 yards, 5-6 games in the 50-75 yard range, and it'll be something that gets done in the later parts of the last game of the year. Just my opinion.

-DD21