[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

my German beer Polksalotesque experiences

wiegie

I'm not sure what the deal is with German beer, but it seems that often when I drink it, I wake up the next morning with my large-intestine and colon trying its best to do a Polksalot imitation. I'm not sure whether it's the high carbonation of the beer, the potential that the beer isn't pastuerized, or something else, but I just can't imagine that any German beer-drinker ever suffers from constipation. (About the only thing similar I've had happen with American beer is when I used to go to a bar in college that had Old Style on tap as its primary beer.)

OK, now despite the above fact, I have a few bottles of beer that I am still going to drink tonight. Wish me luck that my digestive system doesn't explode tomorrow.

Any thoughts about what might be causing me my problems and/or how to fix them? Any chance that I am being "food-poisoned" by bacteria growing in the beer bottles?

Edited by wiegie

Any thoughts about what might be causing me my problems and/or how to fix them? Any chance that I am being "food-poisoned" by bacteria growing in the beer bottles?

You should try this

today's update: no real problems from last night's beer drinking--perhaps the difference was that (1) I cooled the beer much more before drinking it than I had been doing (Germans typically drink their beer not too cold) & (2) I agitated the beer when pouring it into my class more than normal so as to get some of the carbonation out of it.

Also, thanks for all of your well wishes.

Those are my peeps over there. When we get everything paid off I'm going over and check them out. The Germans I meet over here say I will not fit in at all. They say Germans are more conformist than I. Well then the suckers shouldn't have sent their DNA to South Arkansas is all I can say. I'll teach how to make redeyed schnitzel and possum belly.

Those are my peeps over there. When we get everything paid off I'm going over and check them out. The Germans I meet over here say I will not fit in at all. They say Germans are more conformist than I. Well then the suckers shouldn't have sent their DNA to South Arkansas is all I can say. I'll teach how to make redeyed schnitzel and possum belly.

I picture you more the English hooligan soccer riot type