[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fargas

Flypaste

Raiders re-sign free agent RB Fargas after 1,000-yard season

2008-02-13 19:05

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) -Justin Fargas is staying with the Oakland Raiders.

The running back signed a new deal with the team Wednesday instead of testing the market as a free agent.

Bringing back Fargas had been a priority this offseason for the Raiders. He is coming off a 1,000-yard rushing performance last season despite starting only seven games. He began the year as the backup to LaMont Jordan and missed the final two games of the season with an injured right knee.

Fargas is expected to go into next season as the starter.

Your teams most pressing need isn't at runningback.

You're right, it's not.

But I'm a firm believer in taking the best talent available.

McFadden is undeniable talent.

Texans most pressing need wasn't RB either, so they took a DE.

Good thing they're set at RB for awhile...

I think Jordan is already gone. I believe he is due way more money than they will pay since he had a backloaded contract. Rhodes may stick but he proved to be a colossal non-factor.

And I'm sure that if they could do it all over again, they would still take Mario Williams. Did you happen to see how he played last year? You can find players in the second round to play the runningback position.

There are tons of capable running backs in this year, and some should fall to the second. Why not take a player that is an undeniable talent at a position of need, then sure up your running backs in the second. With a guy like McFadden who has some serious character issues, and recent history with the Raiders, they need to get quality players that lack the other issues... That's my two cents.

Edited by piratesownninjas

You're right, it's not.

But I'm a firm believer in taking the best talent available.

McFadden is undeniable talent.

I think the Texans got the better end of that pick, Bush is little more than a lot of hype so far.

What serious character issues? The kid is a boy scout with a good head on his shoulders and comes from a good home. Aside from a couple minor college incidents the kid is good.

McFadden is a bit of a thug. Don't get me wrong, it's nothing that will knock him out of th etop five picks but he's had his issues. He had the incident at the nightclub a couple years ago where he almost lost his toe and he has had another incident at a club a couple months ago. There are also at least two paternity suits pending against him right now. I love the kid's talent and hope he does well, but with all the issues the NFL has had lately, this is a bit of a red flag.