[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Belichick 'taping since 2000'

slickvick

Specter said it to Goodell, BJ should edit the subject.

:wacko:

Bill Belichick has been illegally taping opponents’ defensive signals since he became the New England Patriots’ coach in 2000, according to Sen. Arlen Specter, who said NFL commissioner Roger Goodell told him that during a meeting Wednesday.

What happened to the initial meeting between Goodell and Belachick? Wasn't it reported that Goodell gave BB the chance to come clean with EVERYTHING and if he didn't he would be penalized further? All we got out of that was the taping of the Jets, right?

Goodell needs to get a handle on this quickly. We're talking about the integrity of the game here......it's not like this is the Cardinals who haven't won squat for the last 40 years....this is the team of the 2000 decade with 3 Lombardi's on the shelf.

wow. those of you wondering why goodell would destroy the evidence, try and sweep it under the rug, etc., it is pretty simple really. same reason the league always rushes to the defense of its refs when they make a bonehead, game-turning call, and support them with some novel interpretation of a rule that never existed before. it is very strongly in the league's interest for the integrity of its past results NOT to be called into question.

What happened to the initial meeting between Goodell and Belachick? Wasn't it reported that Goodell gave BB the chance to come clean with EVERYTHING and if he didn't he would be penalized further? All we got out of that was the taping of the Jets, right?

Goodell needs to get a handle on this quickly. We're talking about the integrity of the game here......it's not like this is the Cardinals who haven't won squat for the last 40 years....this is the team of the 2000 decade with 3 Lombardi's on the shelf.

I thought the Pats sent over all tapes and all were destroyed. That sounds like more than just the Jets game.

I thought the Pats sent over all tapes and all were destroyed. That sounds like more than just the Jets game.

That was a condition of the agreement. Goodell said if any more evidence was found later more punishment could be handed down.

wow. those of you wondering why goodell would destroy the evidence, try and sweep it under the rug, etc., it is pretty simple really. same reason the league always rushes to the defense of its refs when they make a bonehead, game-turning call, and support them with some novel interpretation of a rule that never existed before. it is very strongly in the league's interest for the integrity of its past results NOT to be called into question.

DING, DING, DING! We have a winner!

I know but what I mean is weren't those tapes they handed over the ones since 2000 that Goodell was telling Specter about?

They were supposed to be, but I guess we'll see. As far as losing an anti trust exception I doubt it. This congress is so divided I doubt they can do anything.

Everyone knew about this already. He was told to stpp taping last season and he got this year. The reason the for the fine was because he had already been told to stop.

If I am wrong about this than someone can correct me. That is just how I saw the whole thing.

Thanks

Thought that was just Baseball?

Specter has questioned the quality of the NFL's investigation into the matter and raised the possibility of congressional hearings if he wasn't satisfied with Goodell's answers. Specter also raised the threat of Congress canceling the league's antitrust exemption and reiterated that in the meeting with Goodell.

Walsh told The Associated Press last week during the Pro Bowl in Hawaii that he couldn't talk about allegations that he taped a walkthrough practice by the St. Louis Rams before the 2002 Super Bowl. New England, a two-touchdown underdog, won that game 20-17.

Goodell said he has offered Walsh a deal whereby "he has to tell the truth and he has to return anything he took improperly" in return for indemnity. Specter said he, too, wanted to talk to Walsh and perhaps offer a different deal.

:wacko: Good thinking Specter.

Everyone knew about this already. He was told to stpp taping last season and he got this year. The reason the for the fine was because he had already been told to stop.

If I am wrong about this than someone can correct me. That is just how I saw the whole thing.

Thanks

So you are saying its ok that he cheated because the league told him to stop :wacko:

Seriously, as a Pats fan how does this make you feel about what your team has done since an admitted cheater has arrived as your HC and that he has been cheating since his feet hit the ground? :D

So you are saying its ok that he cheated because the league told him to stop :wacko:

Seriously, as a Pats fan how does this make you feel about what your team has done since an admitted cheater has arrived as your HC and that he has been cheating since his feet hit the ground? :D

I am just saying that is old news that he has been taping all along. And it doesn't make me feel any better or worse that they cheated. its not me or my family or friends that did it. I enjoyed their superbowls but if they get taken away it does not effect me in the least. Clemens cheated as well but they are not going to take his cy youngs away. He just won't get in the HOF.

I think BB is a good coach but not someone I would want to associate myself with.