[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Atlanta Falcons have released Alge Crumpler...

irish

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=111375

"Defensive tackle Rod Coleman, left tackle Wayne Gandy, quarterback Byron Leftwich, cornerback Lewis Sanders, linebacker Marcus Wilkins and wide receiver Jamin Elliott were the other players released by the Falcons after what was for many a long, injury-prone season."

Edited by budlitebrad

He will be signed before the end of next week. Just think all these players that are going to be released is because the QB went to jail and must start over. It just really shows how important the QB position is.

Does that logic apply to Roddy White?

Hard to pull for my team when I don't know who's going to play on it next year.
:wacko: Don't you always pull for your favorite team? I mean, do you really tell your self "Man, we lost a few good players. No way we are going to be any good. I'm going to go root for someone else."? :D

He will be signed before the end of next week. Just think all these players that are going to be released is because the QB went to jail and must start over. It just really shows how important the QB position is.

In games I watched the Falcons last year, Alge was used as an extra blocker on almost every play.

For a team without much in the way of offensive playmakers, it seems like a strange cut. He's only 30, and they only save $1 million by cutting him. I know he complained a bit last year, but they need people on the field who can make plays. I have no idea who the #2 TE is in Atlanta, and it probably doesn't really matter anyway.

For a team without much in the way of offensive playmakers, it seems like a strange cut. He's only 30, and they only save $1 million by cutting him. I know he complained a bit last year, but they need people on the field who can make plays. I have no idea who the #2 TE is in Atlanta, and it probably doesn't really matter anyway.

I think Blakely is their #2 isn't he? And he's a free agent I think.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=111375

"Defensive tackle Rod Coleman, left tackle Wayne Gandy, quarterback Byron Leftwich, cornerback Lewis Sanders, linebacker Marcus Wilkins and wide receiver Jamin Elliott were the other players released by the Falcons after what was for many a long, injury-prone season."

After dropping Grady Jackson in October, IF Dorsey or Ellis are not now at the top of their draft board... :wacko:

I think Blakely is their #2 isn't he? And he's a free agent I think.

Yep, at the moment it's Blakely but he's an undrafted rookie with 21 catches in 3 years so I doubt he's going anywhere.

I don't recall TEs playing a huge pass catching role in Mularkey offenses AND judging from the condition the OL is in... they're probably just going to go with 2 extra offensive tackles on every down.