[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Atlanta Falcons have released Alge Crumpler...

irish

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmmm, maybe keep Shiancoe and dump Kleinsasser then? :wacko:

I honestly don't know what any of their contracts look like. :D

Shiancoe was widely regarded as a colossal overpay. He was one of the first contracts in free agency last year and the first to benefit from the free spending movement last season. As a result of the much higher cap.

Most of his contract/money was front-loaded. Last year's cap number for Shiancoe was 8.1. This year only 2.1. mill.

Hmmmm. Not such a bad option then. I couldn't believe Childress forked over all that dough for a second string guy no-one had heard of. Crumpler would be a hugh upgrade.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

He's not a Ted Thompson type player. He'll be expensive, has durability issues and from what I remember can be a locker room problem. TT builds through the draft.

Expensive? May be. He's had virtually no injury history until this year and his locker room issues were related to his dislike for Petrino. Can't fault him for that, can you?

Alge...you'd look might good in a Seahawks uniform...OH YEAH!!!!

Atlanta saved very little against the cap by cutting him and there is a lot of buzz about his injuries being rather serious. He looked like a slow fatty last year when I watched him play. My enthusiasm is tempered.

Expensive? May be. He's had virtually no injury history until this year and his locker room issues were related to his dislike for Petrino. Can't fault him for that, can you?

I can't. The guy is huge with good hands. He didn't work out a lot last year(was out of shape) but I give everyone a pass after the Vick/Petrino debacle. If healthy he is a top performer.

Front page article in Charlotte Observer's sports section today. Sounds like the Panthers may want to talk to Alge after Monday's waiver announcements. He's been a major pain in the azz for the Panthers in the past, so to steal him from the Falcons would be sweet.

Jeff KIng had a nice year as the starter, and I'd really rather see them address WR, DE, and OL first. But if they could get him for the right price I'd say go for it. I know Crumpler and Julius Peppers are really close friends and Crumpler is from Greenville and played for UNC.