[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Panthers looking to trade Foster....

NAUgrad

No one will want him at his current salary. They will wind up cutting him shortly, when they realize no one will pay a 5th round pick for his services.

It took four more days to figure out that they wouldn't be able to get a draft pick for him, but I welcome the move to cut more dead weight from the team. :wacko:

49ers | Team to sign D. Foster

Tue, 26 Feb 2008 00:52:44 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the San Francisco 49ers are expected to sign free agent RB DeShaun Foster (Panthers) in the next couple of days. The 49ers contacted Foster quickly after he was released last week.

:wacko:

(Gore owner)

As a 49ers homer this move surprises me. All that I have heard from all the radio interviews here in the bay area from Mike Martz and Mike Nolan is that Gore is the man. I will be interested to see how Foster impacts Gore touches in 2008.

As a Panther Homer, I can safely say that Gore will still clearly be the man, but my best guess is that they felt Foster was an upgrade over Robinson and Hicks, so Foster will give Gore a breather or would step in should Gore have an injury that would cause him to miss any games.

If you own Gore in a Keeper or Dynasty league do not fret Foster signing with the 49ers as a back-up to Frank. The Panthers gave Foster all the opportunity to show he could handle the load and he never once ran for more than 900 yards in a season. He is simply decent insurance at RB and added depth at a back-up price as he will certainly not get the big coin the Panthers gave him two years ago.... Foster is from CA and went to UCLA, so he was also probably glad to move West to be closer to family and friends.

As a Panther Homer, I can safely say that Gore will still clearly be the man, but my best guess is that they felt Foster was an upgrade over Robinson and Hicks, so Foster will give Gore a breather or would step in should Gore have an injury that would cause him to miss any games.

If you own Gore in a Keeper or Dynasty league do not fret Foster signing with the 49ers as a back-up to Frank. The Panthers gave Foster all the opportunity to show he could handle the load and he never once ran for more than 900 yards in a season. He is simply decent insurance at RB and added depth at a back-up price as he will certainly not get the big coin the Panthers gave him two years ago.... Foster is from CA and went to UCLA, so he was also probably glad to move West to be closer to family and friends.

:wacko:

Yeah, I'm overreacting.

Can you smell that? That's the smell of victory!!!! I have been begging, pleading and demanding this idiot be cut for more than 3 years. He's not worth a free employee lunch. I feel bad for the 9ers, because some how, some way, Foster always convinces coaching staff he's an upgrade over some one. He's not. He'll get hurt, he'll drain your bank account, and I'm quite certain, he steals the sugar packets out of the cafeteria. I just hate him.

Can you smell that? That's the smell of victory!!!! I have been begging, pleading and demanding this idiot be cut for more than 3 years. He's not worth a free employee lunch. I feel bad for the 9ers, because some how, some way, Foster always convinces coaching staff he's an upgrade over some one. He's not. He'll get hurt, he'll drain your bank account, and I'm quite certain, he steals the sugar packets out of the cafeteria. I just hate him.

That bastard.