[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wed, March 12, 10:00 EST

untateve

Predictable elimination of the douchebag tough guy chef with the neck tattoo. Why do they have these people on who clearly don't have the chops?

I couldn't figure out why he was even on the show. Everything he made looked like a pile of crap - I can present food better than that guy.

My guess is that he's probably a really good chef for a certain type of food fare - street food, fried stuff, etc.

Edited by twiley

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't figure out why he was even on the show. Everything he made looked like a pile of crap - I can present food better than that guy.

My guess is that he's probably a really good chef for a certain type of food fare - street food, fried stuff, etc.

His 'specialty" was corn dogs!! Bier, Det and others could kick his culinary ass with their hands tied behind their backs!!

Predictable elimination of the douchebag tough guy chef with the neck tattoo. Why do they have these people on who clearly don't have the chops?

I've been relatively surprised on some of the mistakes that resulted in elimination, or could have resulted in elimination. I still have a hard time understanding how a chef doesn't know what a chicken picatta is. Now tough guy chef may have disagreed with Bayless about tacos being fine dining, but telling him to screw himself? How f'n stupid do you have to be? Particularly when you go on to serve soggy corn dogs.

Except he thought he'd serve corn dogs 2 hours after they've been made...

It seems to me that there is a clear cut line regarding talent this year and the right chefs keep getting eliminated.

That guy with the spikey hair seems to be the clear cut favorite. He's likable and not too cocky.

The guy who always wears that hat needs to go...

Edited by TDFFFreak

It seems to me that there is a clear cut line regarding talent this year and the right chefs keep getting eliminated.

I tend to agree. However, it is certainly a concern that when you specialize in Vietnamese cooking and your Vietnamese course sux--a case can be made to boot you.

I tend to agree. However, it is certainly a concern that when you specialize in Vietnamese cooking and your Vietnamese course sux--a case can be made to boot you.

The judges have been pretty consistent the whole run of the show in rewarding leadership when these group cooking competition things are on, so I didn't think it was a surprise that the clear second fiddle got tossed when he passive-aggressively suggested that he was learning from the Viet expert with the ugly hat.

The judges have been pretty consistent the whole run of the show in rewarding leadership when these group cooking competition things are on, so I didn't think it was a surprise that the clear second fiddle got tossed when he passive-aggressively suggested that he was learning from the Viet expert with the ugly hat.

What about that team challenge--I forget whether it was season 2 or season 3--when the black chef was the leader of the team, the team lost, and the judges sent him packing because he was the leader?

That guy with the spikey hair seems to be the clear cut favorite. He's likable and not too cocky.

The guy who always wears that hat needs to go...

spiked hair dude, asian dude, and australian dude look like the top tier.

that was a tough one.... cut either the leader or the follower of the "worst dish." either of them really could have gotten the boot.

i also have to give a big :wacko: to the gal who said something to extent "if the wasabi, white chocolate wins, then i don't want to be here." they view the classics as basic...... so you need to come in with some degree of inovation.

How about when the speed addict guy who never stops cursing (because it's cool, I know. . .) said "I'm not leaving. This is MY house. It'll take security to get me out of here".

If I were the judges, I would have tossed him right then and there to see him blow a gasket.

Major douchebaggery there.

i also have to give a big :wacko: to the gal who said something to extent "if the wasabi, white chocolate wins, then i don't want to be here." they view the classics as basic...... so you need to come in with some degree of inovation.

+1 The judges like when you put something in front of them that doesn't seem like it would work, but then surprises them. You aren't going to win if you give them something they've seen a million times.

Their description of the lamb dish didn't live up to the actual presentation either.

spiked hair dude, asian dude, and australian dude look like the top tier.

Agreed. I can't fully decide if I like the Asian guy. He dances the line between too cocky and confident. That said, he appears real solid. I like the New Zelander-- not sure if I'd like his food a lot, but he has an easy going charm about him and seems like a good cook.

How about when the speed addict guy who never stops cursing (because it's cool, I know. . .) said "I'm not leaving. This is MY house. It'll take security to get me out of here".

If I were the judges, I would have tossed him right then and there to see him blow a gasket.

Major douchebaggery there.

No kidding. What's up with those outbursts and crazy movements? Seems like he needs to take it down a notch (unless he has something wrong with him which the show hasn't told us about...)

It was tripping me out how all the other contestants and even the judges were remarking about

Zoi's

resume and evident talent

, when she didn't make a single remarkable thing the entire time she was on the show

. Everything was always bland and/or disappointing, and there were always a hundred excuses as to why.

But never once did I see anything she made and go "wow!". I get that her girlfriend is shocked--SHOCKED--that Zoi got sent home, but to me it's like, 'when you are in the bottom tier/losing group/your dish sucks for every challenge, eventuallly you will get sent home.

Peace

policy

As I attempt to blow myself, this week I was able to pick who stayed and who left.

Also, has anyone noticed that

stephanie has won two elimination challenges and been in the top team for two others. Rather impressive.

What totally trips me out is that

Stephanie

also brought up the rear on the pallette test, only guessing right on 6 out of 15 tests of "which is the high-quality ingredient and which is total crap". I thought that was a really smart and unique challenge . . . I kept screaming at the TV every time a chef went, "I wish they'd let us look, because then it would be obvious."

DUH. The POINT of the challenge was that you had to use your senses of TASTE and SMELL to determine what is high-quallity food.

Peace

policy

Edited by policyvote

It was tripping me out how all the other contestants and even the judges were remarking about

Zoi's

resume and evident talent

, when she didn't make a single remarkable thing the entire time she was on the show

. Everything was always bland and/or disappointing, and there were always a hundred excuses as to why.

But never once did I see anything she made and go "wow!". I get that her girlfriend is shocked--SHOCKED--that Zoi got sent home, but to me it's like, 'when you are in the bottom tier/losing group/your dish sucks for every challenge, eventuallly you will get sent home.

Peace

policy

Agree 100%.

For those of you keeping score at home:

There have been 6 elimination challenges. Stephanie has won 2 and been in the top 3 in three others.

i have noticed.

I don't think she has it to win, but she has enough to not get booted.

For those of you keeping score at home:

There have been 6 elimination challenges. Stephanie has won 2 and been in the top 3 in three others.

I think Stephanie's magic is that she actually listens to what the challenge is and does it. Dude who got sent home this time was chronically going "Well, I was asked to make XYZ, but I was like 'nah' so instead I came up with my own vision! Make Chicken Piccata? Nah, I'll just cook chicken how I feel like it. Make Waldorf salad? Sure, but who likes mayo on a salad--not me! We're going tailgating? Well then I'm providing a five-course fine dining experience at my grill tent!"

Meanwhile,

Stephanie

always just makes good food that's exactly what the judges asked for. I am not sure she has the techniques or the 'wow' to win it all, but keep in mind that the quality of the dishes always really ramps up in the last few rounds. They go from "make a dish out of whatever's in this vending machine" to "replicate this VIP-only menu item from Le Cirque, in the kitchen at Le Cirque, and the owner of Le Cirque will judge the winner". The fact that she's cleaning up early may or may not have her there at the very end.

Peace

policy

Edited by policyvote

i have noticed.

I don't think she has it to win, but she has enough to not get booted.

My money is still on the spikey haired guy, but Stephanie is making a good case for the title of Top Chep. The Asian guy has been pretty strong too...

I thought the challenge this week was pretty good.

Richard and Dale are obviously the two to beat, since they've had the best and most creative dishes so far. The one girl who screwed up the polish sausage needs to go. She can't take criticism at all and acts like the judges are out of their minds.