[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The McRib?

loaf

great example of someone posting before reading the link.

Wrong. Read the link. Saw the apologetic McRib entry. The writer spent as much time delighting over the dang pickles as the "sandwich". Don't get me wrong, I can eats me a McRib but it shouldn't even stand in the shadow of the other heavenly creations linked here. Might as well throw in a White Castle. :wacko:

I simply do not get the big deal with Chick-fil-a. I'm going to get one today to see if I've been missing something. I've had them before and just don't see the love.

As far as fast food chicken goes, they are better than most I guess.

I like the food, but it's more expensive than your average drive thru.

As far as fast food chicken goes, they are better than most I guess.

I like the food, but it's more expensive than your average drive thru.

I'll take a fried chicken biscuit from Bojangles, Biscuitville, or preferably but not a chain... Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen.

I'm no expert, that's for sure... :wacko:

Shawarma

I've never had a shawarma with beets either. IMO they are practically the same sandwich. And don't forget, I work in Dearborn so I know a thing or two about them.

Maybe it's a Lansing thing. :DAll the shwarma sandwiches have pickled beets in them. I was wrong, it's pickled turnips. Here's one of the places I go to: :D

Maybe it's just me but, that list and photos made me feel a little ill.

Especially the Pittsburgh Ham and Cheese. Really? Does that need to happen?

:wacko:

ETA: I guess it's better than photos of the that Krispy Kreme burger that some masochist created.

Edited by Sturphy

• 3 weeks later...

ETA: I guess it's better than photos of the that Krispy Kreme burger that some masochist created.

You haven't eaten a sammich until you've eaten at Primante Bros.. Although I prefer the pastrami with swiss. Many times after a ballgame me and the boys would "garbage up" on some Primante sammiches and chase it down with a few brewskis. Then the belching and farting would ensue. Good times.

• 8 months later...
Cuban Meat Sandwich

Paseo, Seattle

No place in Seattle could care less whether you come in than Paseo. The shoe-box shack has no sign, takes no credit. Has so few seats that devotees eat outside on the trunks of their cars. What keeps them returning? The milagro that is the Cuban meat sandwich: marinated, slow-cooked pork ganged into a baguette slathered with garlicky mayonnaise, then mounded again with cilantro, jalapeños, and fat O’s of caramelized onions. Seattle’s a long way from Cuba, but this sandwich erases every mile.

This thread has been in the back of my mind since it was posted. Made it to Paseo yesterday.

If every sandwich in this article is as good as this, I'm going to make a point of going to theses places as i travel around the country. The Pork Sandwich at Paseos was the best damn sandwich I've ever had. The entrees other people were eating looked completely awesome also.

OMG, if you've never had a Primanti Bros. sammich then you need to not speak about it. Those things are in another world of gastronomical delights. Not only do they need to happen, if I could get one faxed to me right now, I would.

Edited by Kid Cid