[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chiefs tag Jared Allen

Randall

CHIEFS TAG ALLEN

The Kansas City Chiefs have placed the franchise tag on defensive end Jared Allen, according to Adam Schefter of NFL Network.

Allen, a four-year veteran, was scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent. Last year, the Chiefs limited Allen's movement as a restricted free agent with the highest possible tender, which would have required any team signing Allen to come up with a first-round pick and a third-round pick as compensation.

It's unclear whether the Chiefs used the exclusive or non-exclusive version of the tag on Allen. Under the exclusive version, the tender will be higher, but he will not be allowed to negotiate with other teams.

Allen is generally regarded as one of the best defensive linemen in the game. But a history of drinking and driving likely will give other potential suitors pause.

Allen has been talking all year that he has gotten more responsible with his drinking, drinking and driving, he's more mature now, etc.

Now he's opening up a bar and grill in town. He wants it to be party central before and after Chiefs games, and is planning on being there after games. Huge red flag. Mr. Allen still has some growing up to do. ICDHO.

Now he's opening up a bar and grill in town. He wants it to be party central before and after Chiefs games, and is planning on being there after games. Huge red flag.

Maybe he just uses the place to get wasted after games. Then he can crash there instead of driving. :wacko:

Allen has been talking all year that he has gotten more responsible with his drinking, drinking and driving, he's more mature now, etc.

Now he's opening up a bar and grill in town. He wants it to be party central before and after Chiefs games, and is planning on being there after games. Huge red flag. Mr. Allen still has some growing up to do. ICDHO.

A good friend of mine went to High school and is still very close friends with Boomer Grigsby, Boomer and Allen are tight. Allen is a riot on and off the field, the guy just wants to have fun and live every moment of his life as if it were his last. He's truly a good guy and made some mistakes. I appreciate him owning up to his mistakes and stating it won't happen again. Maybe it will, maybe it wont, but he's certainly been trying and doing quite well. So I :wacko: him for making a change. He is just a "life of the party" kinda guy, I hope he surrounds himself with people such as Boomer who will continue to help him make those better choices. Guess time will tell all.

If the Chiefs had let Allen get away, you'd better believe their would be some sort of boycott at Arrowhead.

A good friend of mine went to High school and is still very close friends with Boomer Grigsby, Boomer and Allen are tight. Allen is a riot on and off the field, the guy just wants to have fun and live every moment of his life as if it were his last. He's truly a good guy and made some mistakes. I appreciate him owning up to his mistakes and stating it won't happen again. Maybe it will, maybe it wont, but he's certainly been trying and doing quite well. So I :wacko: him for making a change. He is just a "life of the party" kinda guy, I hope he surrounds himself with people such as Boomer who will continue to help him make those better choices. Guess time will tell all.

If the Chiefs had let Allen get away, you'd better believe their would be some sort of boycott at Arrowhead.

Well, he convinced Goodell enough to lower the suspension to 2 games last season. I hope the NFL is monitoring all of this.

A bar like that wouldnt be successful if he were to leave KC. Id look at it as a sign that he wants to stay in KC. There isnt anything wrong with opening a restaurant to have a party place before/after the games. He should have some kind of shuttle system there since he is known as a drinker and driver...

• 2 weeks later...

Jared is a beast, but that is a ton to give up for anyone. That said, if the Eagles had Allen and Cole on the ends with Patterson and Bunkley. Asante and Sheldon with Dawkins and TKO not to mention some of the other young talented LBs.. Wow.. That defense would be nasty

That is a lot to get back, so good trade for KC ... and PHI's defense would be very stout (but still no weapons other than Westbrook for McNabb) ... it is worth noting that (iirc) the third round is no longer a "day one" pick ...