[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Cowboys place franchise tag on S- Ken Hamlin...

irish

:wacko:

So DAL is firmly committed to still starting 2 DBs who have the coverage skills of a snail?

Hamlin looked good in coverage last year. Well, at least he looked better than any Bronco safety. :oldrazz:

Seriously, it will be interesting to see if the Cowboys try to negotiate something long term with him or let him play uner the pressure of another one year contract.

I loved Hamlin when he was on the Hawks, but he was never the same for the Hawks after he got jacked up in Pioneer Square. Admittedly I didn't follow the cowboys closely last year, but the Hamlin I remember was not worthy of a franchise tag. His last year in Seattle he regressed and was a liability in pass coverage.

That all said Hamlin was one of my fav players, so I'm happy for him that he apparently came back at 100% from his injuries.

Hamlin looked good in coverage last year. Well, at least he looked better than any Bronco safety. :oldrazz:

A rock looks better in coverage than any Bronco S. That doesn't change the fact that Hamlin can't cover any football player not hampered by an amputated leg.

At least they did'nt tag LJ Smith. :wacko:

Ah come on don't be so mean. LJ Smith has so much untapped potential though. :D

At least they did'nt tag LJ Smith. :wacko:

What do you think they should have done at TE? There is nothing at all out there in FA. The TE position is extremely important for the Eagles offense. So, yea a little too much coin for LJ, but well worth the alternatives.

What do you think they should have done at TE? There is nothing at all out there in FA. The TE position is extremely important for the Eagles offense. So, yea a little too much coin for LJ, but well worth the alternatives.

Some people understand the NFL. Some don't :wacko:

Crumpler is available, so there is a bit more than nothing as you stated above...

I can't knock them for tagging him though.

Crumpler is available, so there is a bit more than nothing as you stated above...

I can't knock them for tagging him though.

True. However, Crumpler didn't come available until after the tag was placed on LJ. Even with Crump dog available, LJ is still twice the TE he is.

True. However, Crumpler didn't come available until after the tag was placed on LJ. Even with Crump dog available, LJ is still twice the TE he is.

Easy now. Twice the TE? :wacko: That statement coudn't be more wrong.

In 7 yrs playing TE, Crumpler has played in 108 out of 112 games. He has 312 rec, 4,212 yards, 35 tds, a 13.3 yards/rec. avg, 39 yds/game avg, and 196 rec for 1st downs.

In 5 yrs playing TE, Smith has played 73 out of 80 games (missing 3 more games than Alge in 2 less years). He has 194 rec, 2,227 yards, 15 tds, an 11.5 yards/rec. avg, 30.5 yds/game avg. and 113 rec. for 1st downs.

If you continue LJ's averages for the next 2 years he would have numbers such as; 271 rec,. 3,118 yards, 21 tds and 158 rec. for 1st downs. All of those figures would not put LJ on the same level with Crumpler let alone make him twice the TE Crumpler is. Crumpler would have 41 more rec. ( a season's worth), over 1,000 more yards (1,094 to be exact), 14 more tds and 38 more rec. for 1st downs. Not too mention LJ is likely to miss more games than Crumpler.

So, if I could have the choice, I'd take Crumpler hands down. I'm aware that LJ was tagged before Crumpler became available, this was just for argument's sake.

Edited by irish

Easy now. Twice the TE? :D That statement coudn't be more wrong.

In 7 yrs playing TE, Crumpler has played in 108 out of 112 games. He has 312 rec, 4,212 yards, 35 tds, a 13.3 yards/rec. avg, 39 yds/game avg, and 196 rec for 1st downs.

In 5 yrs playing TE, Smith has played 73 out of 80 games (missing 3 more games than Alge in 2 less years). He has 194 rec, 2,227 yards, 15 tds, an 11.5 yards/rec. avg, 30.5 yds/game avg. and 113 rec. for 1st downs.

If you continue LJ's averages for the next 2 years he would have numbers such as; 271 rec,. 3,118 yards, 21 tds and 158 rec. for 1st downs. All of those figures would not put LJ on the same level with Crumpler let alone make him twice the TE Crumpler is. Crumpler would have 41 more rec. ( a season's worth), over 1,000 more yards (1,094 to be exact), 14 more tds and 38 more rec. for 1st downs. Not too mention LJ is likely to miss more games than Crumpler.

So, if I could have the choice, I'd take Crumpler hands down. I'm aware that LJ was tagged before Crumpler became available, this was just for argument's sake.

Very impressive stats, I must say. Hopefully it didn't take you all day. :D With all that being said, Crumpler was the only actual target for Ron Mexico for all of those years in Atl. LJ is a 3rd-4th option. But, when McNabb really needs that 5 yard completion he leans heavily on his TE. Two other things. LJ "knows the system." Crumpler knew Mike Vick. And LJ is very good at catching those rockets into the dirt that McNabb loves to throw. :wacko:

Very impressive stats, I must say. Hopefully it didn't take you all day. :D With all that being said Cru, mpler was the only actual target for Ron Mexico for all of those years in Atl. LJ is a 3rd-4th option. But, when McNabb really needs that 5 yard completion he leans heavily on his TE. Two other things. LJ "knows the system." Crumpler knew Mike Vick. And LJ is very good at catching those rockets into the dirt that McNabb loves to throw. :D

Taking Westbrook out of the equation its not like McNabb had an arsenal of good wrs at his disposal. I actually like LJ Smith though. He has been very solid for Mcnabb over the years in the clutch. Plus I will always have a soft spot for LJ. He made the final catch that gave us our league championship in WCOFF this year . :wacko: Heres to you LJ

Very impressive stats, I must say. Hopefully it didn't take you all day. :D With all that being said, Crumpler was the only actual target for Ron Mexico for all of those years in Atl. LJ is a 3rd-4th option. But, when McNabb really needs that 5 yard completion he leans heavily on his TE. Two other things. LJ "knows the system." Crumpler knew Mike Vick. And LJ is very good at catching those rockets into the dirt that McNabb loves to throw. :D

You have no idea. I was sweating my ass off by the time I finished.

Taking Westbrook out of the equation its not like McNabb had an arsenal of good wrs at his disposal. I actually like LJ Smith though. He has been very solid for Mcnabb over the years in the clutch. Plus I will always have a soft spot for LJ. He made the final catch that gave us our league championship in WCOFF this year . :wacko: Heres to you LJ

Can't argue with those facts. If he helped you win a championship in WCOFF, then ahead of Crumpler he shall rank.