[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Randy Moss

Footballjoe

Possible. It's also possible that Randy wants a $50 million deal with $25 million up front and is going to hit the FA market. At age 31, this is the last time that he'll be able to land a big contract.

so. But one really has to wonder how much longer their window of opportunity will be open.

i'd be shocked if ANY team gives him a $50 million dollar deal, at the age of 31, with $25 million up front...!

MOST had him written off for dead after his stellar years in Oakland, and no one could have predicted this past seasons numbers for him..

Bear in mind, he was in a high scoring offense, that threw early and often, and as most pointed out, ran up the scores...

He will NOT repeat this season, even if he resigns with the Pats.......If he goes to Titans or Jags, think his numbers would be more in line of 10-12 tds.....is that worth $50 million??

Of course money is a factor for all athletes, but so is winning championships.....Bruschi repeatedly negotiated his own deals, and he knows he left $ on the table to take a home-town discount, but 3 rings will do that for you...

Moss has been part of a losing franchise (Oakland) and winning franchise (Pats).....he was a different player this season, both on and off the field, and that goes a long way to helping make a decision..............He could prove me wrong, go for the big bucks.....least this past year didn't cost Pats too much....

Edited by chinatown dragons

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now the Pats will feel the effect of losing that late round 1st round pick. It will be absolutely huuuuggggge in not being able to draft at that position. :wacko:

they have the 7th pick...we all know Coach Bill hates high draft picks....look for them to package that for additional picks.....

i'd be shocked if ANY team gives him a $50 million dollar deal, at the age of 31, with $25 million up front...!

Then you don't know the market very well. Marvin Harrison got 7 years/$67 million ($23 million guaranteed) in 2004 at age 32. And he wasn't coming off of a 23-TD season.

He will NOT repeat this season, even if he resigns with the Pats.......If he goes to Titans or Jags, think his numbers would be more in line of 10-12 tds.....is that worth $50 million??

The Titans and Jags don't care about his numbers. They care about winning a SB. Isn't that all Randy supposedly cares about as well?

Of course money is a factor for all athletes, but so is winning championships.....Bruschi repeatedly negotiated his own deals, and he knows he left $ on the table to take a home-town discount, but 3 rings will do that for you...

Bruschi was part of those three rings. Randy was not. Bruschi also doesn't have a long history of acting like a selfish d0uchebag.

My feeling about Moss is that winning a SB is important to him, but he wanted out of Oakland more than anything else. If the Packers, Cowboys, or Bengals were in need of a deep threat, I'll bet that Randy would've agreed to restructure to allow a trade to those franchises as well.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Then you don't know the market very well. Marvin Harrison got 7 years/$67 million ($23 million guaranteed) in 2004 at age 32. And he wasn't coming off of a 23-TD season.

The Titans and Jags don't care about his numbers. They care about winning a SB. Isn't that all Randy supposedly cares about as well?

Bruschi was part of those three rings. Randy was not. Bruschi also doesn't have a long history of acting like a selfish d0uchebag.

My feeling about Moss is that winning a SB is important to him, but he wanted out of Oakland more than anything else. If the Packers, Cowboys, or Bengals were in need of a deep threat, I'll bet that Randy would've agreed to restructure to allow a trade to those franchises as well.

I guess I dont know the market.....I stand corrected....but we all know that Randy Moss is no Marvin Harrison...Harrison is the consumate team player and receiver....

yes, Moss wanted out of Oakland, i agree.....sure, he probably would have accepted trades to Packers, Cowboys and Bengals...all with legit QBs; all playoff caliber teams....bear in mind, there were NOT a lot of teams knocking on Raiders door to trade for Moss.....regardless if they were playoff caliber teams or not.....

it will all come out soon enough, as he becomes a free agent as of the end of next week....

with regard to Bruschi, a lot of the contract negotiating were done prior to all 3 championships....

Pats might be frugal, but not like Lawyer Milloy has torn up the league since we 'let him go'.....

i remember Moss being quoted at the SB as saying he just wanted it all to be over so he could go home to Florida. i'm not saying he didn't care about winning the championship, but it sounded strange to me at the time. is this what a player with a great shot at winning his first ring should be saying if he's all about the SB?

i've seen and heard Moss his entire career. it was a magical season for him. but in the end he'll want to be paid like THE MAN. ...and NE's history with players isn't in line with that. maybe they'll taking a different approach given Moss's unquestioned abilities but i think its far from a slam dunk that he's back there. i don't know who his agent is but no agent is gonna let him sign without fielding offers first.

i remember Moss being quoted at the SB as saying he just wanted it all to be over so he could go home to Florida. i'm not saying he didn't care about winning the championship, but it sounded strange to me at the time. is this what a player with a great shot at winning his first ring should be saying if he's all about the SB?

i've seen and heard Moss his entire career. it was a magical season for him. but in the end he'll want to be paid like THE MAN. ...and NE's history with players isn't in line with that. maybe they'll taking a different approach given Moss's unquestioned abilities but i think its far from a slam dunk that he's back there. i don't know who his agent is but no agent is gonna let him sign without fielding offers first.

I think he was referring to the media hype and two week layoff to be over.

did they change the rule about getting paid in the slot where your team was slotted to pick?

As far as I know there is no "rule" about getting paid by your slot, that's in the NBA. It's all negotiable in the NFL. Where you get drafted matters, but there are no slot guarantees.

As far as I know there is no "rule" about getting paid by your slot, that's in the NBA. It's all negotiable in the NFL. Where you get drafted matters, but there are no slot guarantees.

yeah i mean basically guys want what the guy drafted in their slot the year before got....i remember kevin williams putting up a big stink

i could totally see the patriots holding their card until late in the first round if they cant find a suitable trade...i highly doubt theres anybody they want to pay #7 money to

i highly doubt theres anybody they want to pay #7 money to

:wacko:

So, you're saying there's no way the Pats would want a Top-7 talent? *cough* Richard Seymour 1.06 in '01 *cough*

Or are you saying that they would just let people begin passing them by in the draft, thus losing all the value of the pick, and dropping to the bottom of the 1st so that they don't have to pay someone #7 money?

That's crazy talk.

:wacko:

So, you're saying there's no way the Pats would want a Top-7 talent? *cough* Richard Seymour 1.06 in '01 *cough*

Or are you saying that they would just let people begin passing them by in the draft, thus losing all the value of the pick, and dropping to the bottom of the 1st so that they don't have to pay someone #7 money?

That's crazy talk.

yeah...taking richard seymour in 01 when the teams roster was lacking serious talent is one thing...they arent exactly in the same position right now

i dont think its that crazy

yeah...taking richard seymour in 01 when the teams roster was lacking serious talent is one thing...they arent exactly in the same position right now

i dont think its that crazy

It's not that crazy to totally devalue the 1.07 pick by sitting on your hands and letting everyone draft ahead of you?

Sorry, there is no way anyone is ever going to do that. It's ridiculous. Trading down for less than market value is still better sitting on your a$$ and letting the value just drift away.

If they could get another player of Seymours caliber, you reckon they shouldn't because they already have enough talent? It's not as thought the Pats are too strapped to pay a 1.07 draft pick.

yeh, how's that working out for ya?....you might say pretty good because with 23M guaranteed for

4 years (3 really because he didn't do much of anything this year) thats 5.75 a year for a top wr

but if he cant play, he's worth $0.....

and, it sure doesnt make other teams line up to sign a 31 yr old top wr to a long term

high number and high guaranteed number either.

look, Moss doesnt have any interest in playing for the Jags or Titans or blah blah blah.

it's all about playing with Brady (not like that.) disclaimer for the pervs).

he's not going anywhere.....my moles told me so.

If you are Moss' agent, don't you pretend that you are "close" to signing an extension with the Pats hoping that they don't use the franchise tag? Now that the deadline has passed, and he's an unrestricted free agent, he can go to the highest bidder.

If you are the Pats, and you are definitely keeping Moss, don't you franchise him just to be on the safe side?

Something fishy is going on.

If you are Moss' agent, don't you pretend that you are "close" to signing an extension with the Pats hoping that they don't use the franchise tag? Now that the deadline has passed, and he's an unrestricted free agent, he can go to the highest bidder.

If you are the Pats, and you are definitely keeping Moss, don't you franchise him just to be on the safe side?

Something fishy is going on.

+1

I think it'll be interesting to see what happens.

The latest:

"The Patriots and Randy Moss really aren't close to a new contract, although the Pats believe Moss will give them the option to match whatever deal he does receive on the open market. That makes sense because the clubs pursuing Moss will be limited because he wants to play for a contender. The most interesting rumor is Moss joining the Dallas Cowboys. The Cowboys can pay up, and wouldn't T.O. and Moss be interesting to watch, not to mention impossible to defend?"

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7837770?MSNHPHMA

yeh, how's that working out for ya?....you might say pretty good because with 23M guaranteed for

4 years (3 really because he didn't do much of anything this year) thats 5.75 a year for a top wr

but if he cant play, he's worth $0.....

It's working out pretty well. Unlike Moss, Marvin helped my team get a ring. :wacko: And it was Marvin's monster 145-yd, two-TD game against NE back in November of '06 that gave the Colts home-field advantage against the Pats in the playoffs that year.

look, Moss doesnt have any interest in playing for the Jags or Titans or blah blah blah.

it's all about playing with Brady (not like that.) disclaimer for the pervs).

he's not going anywhere.....my moles told me so.

Oh, really?

The latest:

"The Patriots and Randy Moss really aren't close to a new contract

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7837770?MSNHPHMA

:D

Edited by Bill Swerski