[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worst Cereal ever

detlef

Not sure if you have Harris Teeter Grocery stores in your neck of the wood, but around here they're among the nicer chains if a step below the Whole Foods style places. At any rate, their house brand is typically pretty decent stuff. They also have a "Harris Teeter Naturals" line that is often organic and, again, certainly a cut above most house brands.

I'm not a big cereal eater but my wife likes it, usually as a late night snack. So, she grabs a box of Harris Teeter Natural Multi Grain Flakes. As far as cereal goes, this is often the type that I like. Sort of Special K style (which is what it looked like from the box and it mentioned rice among the grains).

Wow, I think they included gypsum in this stuff. Not only was it pasty white, it tasted just like the dust that you sometime get in your mouth when working with dry wall. Now, I was hardly expecting rapture in a bowl but jeebus!

We were both completely amazed that this stuff made it past a tasting panel.

No Harris Teeter's around here. We have other Teeter's though and we like them alot!

Edited by irish

if cereal causes you to run to the bathroom and encounter an explosive display of your colon as soon as you finish a bowl, then there is a good chance its good for you but terribly tasting ( with some nasty side / after effects )

I tried some new Kashi granola stuff this week that completely tore me up. :D It was either that cereal or some new fake butter crap I started eating the same day. :wacko:

The Kashi cinnamon shredded wheat is awesome.

I once tried something called "King Vitamin. I think it may have been a malt-o-meal product. I flippin dare you, triple dog dare you to try it. It is like Corn pops in canola oil.

I got fed that as a kid. I can't say it was my favorite, but it wasn't too bad either. IMO. :wacko:

-DD21

I once tried something called "King Viatamin. I think it may have been a malt-o-meal product. I flippin dare you, triple dog dare you to try it. It is like Corn pops in canola oil.

NOW it was serious. A double-dog-dare. What else was there but a "triple dare ya"? And then, the coup de grace of all dares, the sinister triple-dog-dare.

Schwartz Polk created a slight breach of etiquette by skipping the triple dare and going right for the throat!

• 4 months later...