[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seafood preferences...

irish

If you could pick one item of seafood to eat, what would it be?

I absolutely love snow crab legs. King crab legs/claws are also pretty good. I'm not a big fan of lobster but know that many are. I also enjoy garlic shrimp scampi or shrimp cocktail. I don't eat/like any fish but I know many like Tilapia or salmon, snapper, etc.

Let's hear them...

Dungeoness ( hope I spelled it right ) crab , shrimp ( all sizes ) , lobster , oysters ( raw) and good baked clams

I tried dungeness (I believe it's without the o) as well and they were pretty good. I'm not a big fan of oysters any way they are prepared. I love clams oreganata baked to the point that the tops are all really crisp.

lobster and mexican white shrimp

Never had them. Can they be found easily at a local Supermarket or did you get them while on a vacation?

Edited by irish

info on shrimp

White shrimp are the main type of warmwater shrimp consumed in the U.S. and are both wild-caught and farm-raised. For example, in the United States, white shrimp are wild-caught in the Gulf of Mexico and along the southeast Atlantic coast. The aquaculture industry in the U.S. has grown in the last decade.

Mexico has a large white shrimp fishery on the Pacific coast. This shrimp is famous for its sweet taste and firm texture. And, like the U.S., Mexico catches white shrimp in the Gulf of Mexico. Mexico's aquaculture industry is growing rapidly; Ecuador is currently one of the largest producers of farm-raised white shrimp. China and India produce both wild-caught and farm-raised white shrimp. These five countries (U.S., Mexico, Ecuador, China and India) supply the majority of white shrimp consumed in the U.S.

White shrimp have grayish-white shells that turn pink when cooked. (The shells of farm-raised white shrimp are lighter grayish-white and from some origins, the shell is not as thick as wild-caught whites.) The thinner shell is the result of feed composition as well as growth in captivity.

In general, cooked wild or farmed white shrimp have flesh with pink skin tones. Wild-caught white shrimp have a sweet taste and firm, almost "crunchy" meat. Farm-raised whites may have a slightly milder flavor, and depending upon growing conditions, may have a less firm texture. Shrimp in the wild feed on crustaceans and seaweed, which enrich their flavor and strengthen their shells. Plus, the "wild" ones are "free swimmers" which firms up their flesh. Depending upon the pond density, feed and environmental conditions, high quality aquaculture shrimp can be indistinguishable from wild shrimp.

Hawaiian and East Coast Snapper may be my favorite fish. Certainly I could eat about 10 lbs of nice ahi as well.

I do prefer dungeness crab to blue crab, if for no other reason than the fact that it's so much easier to eat. The meat is sweet enough and you don't have to deal with tiny assed legs.

Large scallops and White shrimp (I hear Bier but also really like the ones we get here in NC. I also really, really like rock shrimp

Lastly, a good Pacific oyster on the half shell.

I do prefer dungeness crab to blue crab, if for no other reason than the fact that it's so much easier to eat. The meat is sweet enough and you don't have to deal with tiny assed legs.

Large scallops and White shrimp (I hear Bier but also really like the ones we get here in NC. I also really, really like rock shrimp

seriously. so many good varieties out there...can't choose one.

i love using rock shrimp in pastas, spring rolls, and shrimp cakes.

big fan of opakapaka. dungeness and king are my favorites.... i once ran a crab cake app: 1 of blue (cajun), 1 of peekytoe (asian), 1 of dungeness (italian)....

edit: the mexican white i was getting were 7-10 count....gorgeous

Edited by Bier Meister

Shrimp Scampi over linguini

My wife is a scampi over linguini type. I love scampi myself but dislike linguini so I have it over white rice. One of my favorite dinners.

Tough call, but I have to go with fresh Gulf (I guess white?) shrimp.

I also really like swordfish, crab, halibut and scallops. Who am I kidding - there's not much seafood I don't simply :heart:

Edited by Jimmy Neutron

In no particular order:

Shrimp

Mirugai (despite the fact that it looks like a schlong)

Maguro

Fish eggs (the good stuff, salmon, even tobiko)

Mahi Mahi

Raw oysters

Lump crabmeat (too lazy to pick em--not in love with Old Bay either)

Edited by MojoMan

nun

You eat nuns? Don't they take vows of celebacy and therefore can't partake in those activities? However, I could see them having a flavor reminding you of seafood.

Now, I'm going to hell for sure.