[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where does DJ Hackett play this year?

irish

There are some rumors about the possibility of DJ Hackett signing with the Redskins when FA opens up. Has anyone else heard anything about that?

Does anyone think that his connection with Zorn when he was with Seattle could possibly play a part? It would make sense they would target a big WR that's played in the system.

If this does happen, what do you guys think his value will be with the Redskins? Solid #2 or #3 fantasy WR?

Thoughts...

Darrel Jackson re-visited with more injury risk. I avoided Djax last year like the plague, because it was obvious to me where his value came from. I've wasted my breath on how mediocre WRs can perform well in Holmgren's WCO. 90 year old Bobby Engram (who I scooped up in almost everyone of my dynasty leagues) was a value last year and I think was in the top 10 for receptions.

I like Hackett a bunch, but he hurts his ankle every year and rests more than plays. Put him with a QB who hasn't been flinging him the ball for 3-4 years.....I'll pass for now.

Darrel Jackson re-visited with more injury risk. I avoided Djax last year like the plague, because it was obvious to me where his value came from. I've wasted my breath on how mediocre WRs can perform well in Holmgren's WCO. 90 year old Bobby Engram (who I scooped up in almost everyone of my dynasty leagues) was a value last year and I think was in the top 10 for receptions.

I like Hackett a bunch, but he hurts his ankle every year and rests more than plays. Put him with a QB who hasn't been flinging him the ball for 3-4 years.....I'll pass for now.

+1

When Hackett plays he, he has had some great games and put up some nice numbers. And over a two yr span, they are few.

When he plays is the real question.

I think he stays with Holmgren. And lets hope for a healthy season.

On a side note, I have had him over that two yr span. Could honestly say, I may have started him 4 times. Good games..but only 4 starts for me. I'm just so dumb, I may roll the dice again this year, if he stays with the Hawks.

I'll take him.

I think he stays in Seatlle. The Hawks need him pretty bad in my opinion.

Branch is just not a number 1 and I think Branch plays better as a #2 besides what he thinks or at the very least needs to have someone take the pressure off him.

Hawks would be stupid to let him go.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Chappy

Hackett To Visit Redskins

Free agent WR D.J. Hackett is expected to visit with the Redskins on Wednesday.

It was speculated earlier that the Redskins had high interest in Hackett because of newly hired HC Jim Zorn, but they sure waited awhile for his visit. There is a strong chance Hackett could be a part of the team by the end of the week. If so, Hackett could have decent value since he is very familiar with Zorn's new West Coast offense.

| March 10, 2008 2:41 PM

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsins...ml?nav=rss_blog

----------------------------------------

Titans Eyeing Hackett

According to free agent WR D.J. Hackett's agent, the Titans have expressed some interest in bringing his client to town.

Hackett, who has not made one visit since becoming a free agent, could find a lot of fantasy value in Tennessee. He is a burner and would work well with strong-armed QB Vince Young. But unfortunately, we don't see the team shelling out the cash we are sure Hackett is looking for. We will keep owners updated.

| March 10, 2008 9:11 AM

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../803100374/1027

I see the Eagles telling him to hold off until the draft to see if they make a play for him....after the Fitz thing falls through (which they seem awfully prepared to do...just don't know that they can) and we don't get him..edit: also he knows the WCO system....which seems to be half the battle here in Philly...

Eagles sign Hackett and use Sheppard to make a move involving more picks and moving up in certain areas of the draft....

Edited by Avernus

Guest Chappy
I see the Eagles telling him to hold off until the draft to see if they make a play for him....after the Fitz thing falls through (which they seem awfully prepared to do...just don't know that they can) and we don't get him..edit: also he knows the WCO system....which seems to be half the battle here in Philly...

Eagles sign Hackett and use Sheppard to make a move involving more picks and moving up in certain areas of the draft....

Wouldn't be a bad plan until about midseason or so when McNabb, Hackett, L.J. Smith and hell maybe even Westy (with those knees of his) all miss time. I like Hackett alot as when he plays he can be a true gamebreaker. However, he has such a tough time staying healthy.

Guest Chappy
Cripes, why not Chi-Town? I think it's fair to say he'd push for a starters' spot.

He might have an outside chance there. It would be tough though as they just recently brought in a bunch of talent.

I'm not ready to write him off just yet. He had started to really come on before he got rolled up on from behind. He has all the parts to be a legit #1 in this league. He's a very complete receiver other than the injury thing. Can't we just cut Branch and use the leftover money on Hackett??

Guest Chappy
When he was healthy last year he put up better numbers than Branch, Engram, and Burleson.

No kidding, I was being a bit sarcastic. If the Bears got him he'd be the no brainer #1 WR there until he got injured. But that's not happening.

Edited by Chappy

Guest Chappy
We brought in a bunch of WRs, not exactly a lot of talent.

Read above. I was just having some fun with the talent part of that comment. :wacko:

He might have an outside chance there. It would be tough though as they just recently brought in a bunch of talent.

:wacko:

Marty Booker & Brandon Lloyd? Are you kidding me? Marty Booker hasnt: A, played a full season in 5 years, B, hasnt had more than 747 yards in a season over that span. Brandon Lloyd. The guy was statistically the worst starting WR in the NFL 2 years ago, and would have repeated that achievement had he been a starting WR last year. Hackett could immediately become their #1, with little, to no, competition.

Maybe he is a bust, but since he obvisouly isn't commanding top dollars at this point, I sure with the Vikes would at least take a look at the kid. We brought Todd Lowber into camp last year for crying out loud!

Maybe he is a bust, but since he obvisouly isn't commanding top dollars at this point, I sure with the Vikes would at least take a look at the kid. We brought Todd Lowber into camp last year for crying out loud!

Dude, the Vikes brought in Brock Lesnar one year, they'll take a look at anyone.

Guest Chappy
:wacko:

Marty Booker & Brandon Lloyd? Are you kidding me? Marty Booker hasnt: A, played a full season in 5 years, B, hasnt had more than 747 yards in a season over that span. Brandon Lloyd. The guy was statistically the worst starting WR in the NFL 2 years ago, and would have repeated that achievement had he been a starting WR last year. Hackett could immediately become their #1, with little, to no, competition.

Yes, that's exactly the point. I am kidding you. I was being very sarcastic with my comments and even stated so before you made this post. See below...

First of all this was a sarcastic statement but when people rightly misinterpreted, I then clarified.

No kidding, I was being a bit sarcastic. If the Bears got him he'd be the no brainer #1 WR there until he got injured. But that's not happening.

Read above. I was just having some fun with the talent part of that comment. :D

No big deal though, my first comment threw some off.

Yes, that's exactly the point. I am kidding you. I was being very sarcastic with my comments and even stated so before you made this post. See below...

First of all this was a sarcastic statement but when people rightly misinterpreted, I then clarified.

No big deal though, my first comment threw some off.

Ah, in that case I beg your pardon. You wit is so subtle, not even the sharpest tac's would catch you at work :wacko:

Guest Chappy
Ah, in that case I beg your pardon. You wit is so subtle, not even the sharpest tac's would catch you at work :wacko:

No pardoning neccesary as I'm a very laid back kind of fellow that just enjoys football and talking football with fellow fans. I don't sweat the small stuff. I could've stated things a bit better, sending a clearer sign of my sarcasm. Sarcasm is tough to read through the innernets. :D

one thing about Brandon Lloyd someone said...he'd benefit the most by going to a WCO team....there are variations of it, they ran a variation of it when Saunders came...but he did better under the Niners system when Mooch was there, or when he just left...