[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Troy Williamson wants to Catch on with another team

MikesVikes

Yeah he'd have to learn to catch, first.

Let's keep this going!

Peace

policy

:D

After reading the title that was my very first thought. Come on now, don't be so tough on the guy, we all know he has vision problems. :wacko:

They gave him every chance to succeed. The Vikes even considered changing the light bulbs in the Metrodome to accomodate his vision problems.

It was reported that he caught thousands of footballs this off-season and that he was turning the corner. One can only imagine that for every thousand passes he caught, he dropped three thousand. Great #7 pick in the draft. :wacko:

They gave him every chance to succeed. The Vikes even considered changing the light bulbs in the Metrodome to accomodate his vision problems.

It was reported that he caught thousands of footballs this off-season and that he was turning the corner. One can only imagine that for every thousand passes he caught, he dropped three thousand. Great #7 pick in the draft. :wacko:

Could easily have been Mike Williams. :D:D

Believe it or not, rumors have been circulating here in Jax about him coming to the Jags. I saw his name mentioned in the local paper a few days ago. Now on Sunday they mentioned that they have thier eyes on a young and talented WR, who was a very high draft pick fairly recently. :wacko:

Believe it or not, rumors have been circulating here in Jax about him coming to the Jags. I saw his name mentioned in the local paper a few days ago. Now on Sunday they mentioned that they have thier eyes on a young and talented WR, who was a very high draft pick fairly recently. :wacko:

Why in the blue hell would Jacksonville want to get themselves into another WR debacle... You would have thought they'd learned already.

Supposebly the Dolphins are negotiating with him, but why would they do that, this guy is a bust he seriously has problems catching the ball.

I mean did anyone see that 60 yard bomb from tavaris to williamson that no one was around him for like 20 yards and yet he dropped the pass. you would figure that you would know how to catch a ball coming out of college but this guy seriously has a problem, him coming to the dolphins is not going to make the team any better at that postition

Edited by spanky08

You know, I saw the subject line and I swear to you that the first thought that popped in my head was "Oh God, please...NOT the Jags."

That is SO like us. We know we desperately need a WR, but instead of going out and getting someone that can actually help us, we're going to go out and get another bust to add to the collection.

I'm sold on Jack, but our front office needs to go. Like yesterday.

I think it's good for both teams, and heII even Troy.

Troy has no pressure on him in Jax, at least nothing like what he had in Minnesota. He was acquired on the cheap, and maybe he needs natural light to see the ball. :D

Jacksonville gets a WR that even if he can't catch, based on speed alone would've been selected well before the 6th if he were in this years class.

Minnesota gets something for Troy, pulling off a SNAFU like times of old, Herschel Walker, and Randy Moss, great moves, both of them. :wacko: I'm a life long Vikes fan, but I guess the bad moves sting even years after the fact. Which means Troy will be starting for the AFC Pro Bowl opposite Randy Moss next year :D

-DD21

"the guy couldn't catch gonhorrea in a Vietnamese whorehouse" :D

Seriously don't think it's a bad move on the Jags part though. They're not giving up much(6th rounder). They have extra compensatory picks in the draft. They've been desparately seeking a speed burner who has separation. They just need to reteach the kid how to use his hands. :wacko: