[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade L.T and keep Turner

1st&punt

You see it in sports every day. The succesor takes over for the aging veteran. L.T still has major trade value, minimum 2+ first rounds and Turner 4 year veteran with rookie wear on his legs ( > 300 carries). I dont get it!! How can you not seriously consider this option for the benifit of the squad present and future.

Edited by 1st&punt

You see it in sports every day. The succesor takes over for the aging veteran. L.T still has major trade value, minimum 2+ first rounds and Turner 4 year veteran with rookie wear on his legs ( > 300 carries). I dont get it!! How can you not seriously consider this option for the benifit of the squad present and future.

No-one would give up 2 first rounders for LT, doesn't matter how good he is. RBs are a dime a dozen right now and while none of them are as good as LT, they certainly are better than trading away the next two years of first round picks.

With LT you have a proven future hall of fame stallion of a back. With Turner you have a guy that has shown flashes in limited playing time. Its not like S.D is in rebuilding mode . They made it to the championship game last year .

If Wayne Gretzky or majic Johnson can be traded, so can L.T. I guess Sprolles will be the go to guy in a year. Whatever!!!

He just Valley-girled all of you. Arm extended with his palm to your faces and all. :wacko:

With LT you have a proven future hall of fame stallion of a back. With Turner you have a guy that has shown flashes in limited playing time. Its not like S.D is in rebuilding mode . They made it to the championship game last year .

An aging RB approaching 30, and your saying its not an issue. AGAIN !!! Whatever

i understand the concept, but LT2's 29, not 33. he's got 2 or 3 good years left. and like has been said, SD's ready to take a shot at a championship NOW. you don't trade LT2 at this point. if the team was struggling, of course you'd consider it. but we're not building for the future anymore.

we just need to get a good backup in the draft. there's a few RBs available this year.

An aging RB approaching 30, and your saying its not an issue. AGAIN !!! Whatever

Easy pal. Walk away from the edge. People are just stating their opinions as you are. No need to "Whatever!!!" everybody when their opinion isn't the same as yours. State your case and move on.

I think the initial thought is brilliant. LT would draw interest, no question. He's entering the twilight of his career as a NFL RB, and he's absorbed an astounding amount of work. It would be absolutely the right thing to do...

...except that the general fan base isn't very football savvy, and the media would have a feeding frenzy. The public relations nightmare & subsequent fallout might be predictably so large that it might negate a large part of the benefits of keeping Turner & sending LT packing. It would take gigantic brass balls from the GM, and he would have to understand that his job would be tied directly to the outcome of such a move. That might be too much of a risk for a GM who instead can stand pat & let SD slip as Turner moves on & LT's play deteriorates, since fans will be much more understanding that SD will enter a rebuilding period as they try to reassemble their RB corps.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Let me put it in terms you may understand. You dont trade away Corey Feldman just because you have Corey Haim. Sure Haim had a few decent flicks under his belt but was he in Stand By Me or Meatballs IV ? I dont think so. That was Feldman baby..Pure Feldman

Edited by whomper

In theory it's a good idea, if they could get a ton in return for him... but no team out there wants to be the next to make a Hershell Walker deal. So, there's just no practical way that the Chargers would get enough in compensation to have this idea make sense.

I guess this guy didn't see how horribly ineffective Turner was in the playoffs w/LT out of the game.

yds att avg.

@ NE L 12-21 65 17 3.8

@ IND W 28-24 71 17 4.2

TEN W 17-6 28 9 3.1

Not overly impressive against D's that you can certainly run on.

I guess this guy didn't see how horribly ineffective Turner was in the playoffs w/LT out of the game.

yds att avg.

@ NE L 12-21 65 17 3.8

@ IND W 28-24 71 17 4.2

TEN W 17-6 28 9 3.1

Not overly impressive against D's that you can certainly run on.

In the Indy game he was instrumental in a drive that would give them the win... In New England the Pats could focus on the run as Rivers was a gimp along with Gates...

In the Indy game he was instrumental in a drive that would give them the win... In New England the Pats could focus on the run as Rivers was a gimp along with Gates...

Ok. So are you inferring that Turner is in the same class as LT? You think LT would have put up similiar numbers?

Ok. So are you inferring that Turner is in the same class as LT? You think LT would have put up similiar numbers?

Where did I say that? Nowhere did I say Turner was in the same class as LT. You said Turner was horribly ineffective, I then stated that in one game he was huge on an instrumental drive, and then he played against the Patriots without a healthy qb, te, and some gimpy lineman.