[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

how do you like your burger?

Bier Meister

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheese

ketchup (lots)

mustard

mayo (optional)

Don't care if bacon comes with or not. Can tolerate lettuce, maybe a little onion, but no tomato, they're disgusting.

As for the burger itself, grilled medium rare and preferably with healthy doses of pepper and garlic in the meat itself.

damn I'm starving now.

cheese

ketchup (lots)

mustard

mayo (optional)

Don't care if bacon comes with or not. Can tolerate lettuce, maybe a little onion, but no tomato, they're disgusting.

As for the burger itself, grilled medium rare and preferably with healthy doses of pepper and garlic in the meat itself.

damn I'm starving now.

You say tomaotos are disgusting yet request lots of ketchup. :wacko:

hit in-n-out (could be a late night thing)

IMO - Lettuce does nothing for a burger and is best left for salad and rabbits. In fact, I've found that it compromises the structural integrity of the burger. The lettuce on a burger is where things start to slide around on the bun, and channel sauces away from the burger, and make things less manageable on the whole.

My order at In-N-Out:

(1) double double, animal style, no lettuce.

(1) double double, ketchup, mustard, onion, only

(1) drink

The two different burger styles are the result of years of dining there and needing to mix it up. Alternate orders that rock:

"four by four", animal style, no lettuce - That's 4 all beef patties and 4 slices of cheese on one bun. Definitely helps to go no lettuce on this bad boy. Can also be ordered as "three by three" *cough* wuss *cough*

Animal style fries - "Animal style" is essentially tiny fried onions and cheese. Getting that over an order of fries should be illegal.

My favorite restaurant burger here in L.A. is at Astro Burger:

Double cheeseburger, no lettuce. Coupled with onion rings and a Pineapple shake, it's perfection. Nothing fancy, but the flavor is righteous.

My favorite homemade burger is:

This: http://www.allenbrothers.com/the-great-ste...ak-burgers.html

Very lightly seasoned with pepper, no salt, and cooked just barely medium-rare. Fresh kaiser roll and a slice of sweet onion and ketchup only. No need for cheese or anything else as the burger is rich and moist enough on its own.

:wacko: No wonder I'm so into this post! It's ten minutes to lunch time!

IMO - Lettuce does nothing for a burger and is best left for salad and rabbits. In fact, I've found that it compromises the structural integrity of the burger. The lettuce on a burger is where things start to slide around on the bun, and channel sauces away from the burger, and make things less manageable on the whole.

My order at In-N-Out:

(1) double double, animal style, no lettuce.

(1) double double, ketchup, mustard, onion, only

(1) drink

The two different burger styles are the result of years of dining there and needing to mix it up. Alternate orders that rock:

"four by four", animal style, no lettuce - That's 4 all beef patties and 4 slices of cheese on one bun. Definitely helps to go no lettuce on this bad boy. Can also be ordered as "three by three" *cough* wuss *cough*

Animal style fries - "Animal style" is essentially tiny fried onions and cheese. Getting that over an order of fries should be illegal.

My favorite restaurant burger here in L.A. is at Astro Burger:

Double cheeseburger, no lettuce. Coupled with onion rings and a Pineapple shake, it's perfection. Nothing fancy, but the flavor is righteous.

My favorite homemade burger is:

This: http://www.allenbrothers.com/the-great-ste...ak-burgers.html

Very lightly seasoned with pepper, no salt, and cooked just barely medium-rare. Fresh kaiser roll and a slice of sweet onion and ketchup only. No need for cheese or anything else as the burger is rich and moist enough on its own.

:D No wonder I'm so into this post! It's ten minutes to lunch time!

I'd be the size of a small condo unit if I ate like that. :wacko:

I'm a classic burger guy. . .

Cheddar

L&T

Ketchup and mustard

A little mayo on the bottom (toasted) bun to stop waterlogging (thank you Alton Brown for that gem)

Bacon burgers are great too, but the whole meat on meat thing makes me feel a little guilty, so I usually don't do it.

I have been thinking about making a bacon stuffed burger......bacon(pre-cooked of course, kinda crispy too) with the beef patted around it on all sides so it just looks like a normal burger :wacko:

:wacko:

Toasted bun

cheddar cheese

mustard and ketchup

lettuce

burger should drip a little grease as you eat it.

Quite frankly I'm surprised it took you so long to find this thread. I thought you had a Cheez-its on autosearch.

I have been thinking about making a bacon stuffed burger......bacon(pre-cooked of course, kinda crispy too) with the beef patted around it on all sides so it just looks like a normal burger :wacko:

Put the cheese in the middle as well so that ti melts and spreads inside the meat.

Put the cheese in the middle as well so that ti melts and spreads inside the meat.

I've made burgers stuffed with grated cheddar, little black olive bits, and a pinch of chili powder before and they were good. It was just kind of a pain for little reward. That kind of stuff can be put on afterwards without the trouble. Although... putting bacon in the middle would probably have a bigger impact than what I used...

:wacko:

i saw a show on FN that had a place that put cheese in the middle and thats what gave me the idea

i will be trying this out on Saturday evening :yum:

i saw a show on FN that had a place that put cheese in the middle and thats what gave me the idea

The wife and I saw that show too. I think it was Guy's Diners, Drive-thrus, and Dives. I immediately ran out and bought all of the ingredients to make them. :wacko:

when i grill burgers, i put a pat of butter in the center and mold the meat around it. keeps the burger moist while it cooks.

BTW, the organic ground beef at costco right now makes an insanely tender burger. I'm not sure what it is but it even seems different when you are making the patties. None the less, I was cooking some up and was actually fooled by them because they still felt pretty soft to the touch (read: still quite rare) and I actually cooked them longer than I usually would.

None the less, they were super tasty.

Amer. cheese

I sub out the swiss cheese for cheddar or american.

I am pretty sure it's just me, but I prefer just about any cheese other than american.... it's too... uh... milky? creamy? buttery? i prefer cheddar, provalone, jack, even gouda...

I am pretty sure it's just me, but I prefer just about any cheese other than american.... it's too... uh... milky? creamy? buttery? i prefer cheddar, provalone, jack, even gouda...

i hate american cheese. there's a certain way it sticks to the roof of my mouth that makes me want to vomit. i'm convinced some restaurants think american and cheddar are the same -- i'll ask for cheddar, or the menu says it comes with cheddar, and it'll be american instead.

The word you're looking for is oily. And I agree, any type of cheese but American.

i hate american cheese. there's a certain way it sticks to the roof of my mouth that makes me want to vomit. i'm convinced some restaurants think american and cheddar are the same -- i'll ask for cheddar, or the menu says it comes with cheddar, and it'll be american instead.

That would piss me off! Yes, I know they're both orange.

I thought too "plastic-y" and prefer any others. Also reminds me of the Kraft singles (or as I called them "shingles") which I still find nasty. :wacko: