[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Briggs to 49ers?

Pancake

Per KFFL

49ers | Team to sign Briggs?

Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:35:40 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reporting for AOL Sports, reports unrestricted free-agent LB Lance Briggs (Bears) is expected to sign with the San Francisco 49ers.

I'm thinking, A stout D can only help Gore's numbers.

What would you think if they could pull Briggs and Justin Smith?

I'll take any help I can get. Not sure if they have cap room though. Here I go again, getting all excited about the 49ers.....when am I going to learn.

Be careful what you wish for. I can name at least 4 guys right off the bat who looked great playing his spot in that aggressive cover 2, only to get exposed as mediocre LBs when they went other places and had to play more conventional D that required some thinking & traditional LB skills.

You would be disappointed with Smith? :D

The reason I responded with a :D was because nowhere in my post did I say I would be disappointed with Smith, the :wacko: came after the statement regarding Brigg and Pace. Alright now that that has been explained :brew:

Be careful what you wish for. I can name at least 4 guys right off the bat who looked great playing his spot in that aggressive cover 2, only to get exposed as mediocre LBs when they went other places and had to play more conventional D that required some thinking & traditional LB skills.

For the record I have never really wanted as a priority Briggs, does it sound cool to have Briggs and Willis sure, and since we don't have much to look forward to at the moment I would have enjoyed it. To be honest IMO Pace may have been a better fit. So yes I am a little disappointed we did not get either one, but we do have much more important needs at the moment. As for Smith, I am not going to be disappointed if they sign him but I am not sure how he would fit, he is a guy that has played in a 4-3 his whole career and seems a little small to transition to a 3-4. I maybe totally off that's just my initial assessment, and for the money he will want I am not sure the overall ROI will make an immediate impact on the team. We will see. As for FF in my new homer league it would have been fun to start the year with Briggs and Willis because the team would probably have given them both a ton of tackle stats whether they got them or not :D

Edited by SF409ers