[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Corey Williams to be traded tonight at midnight to the browns

piratesownninjas

(Rotoworld) Citing "sources," the Washington Post reports the Browns will acquire franchise player Corey Williams from the Packers at midnight tonight.

Impact: Green Bay is looking for a second-round pick in exchange for Williams. If this report proves true, Packers GM Ted Thompson will look brilliant. By franchising Williams and putting him on the block, Thompson will have nabbed a day one pick for a player he originally appeared all but certain to lose.

If this comes to fruition, it just further strengthens my view that Ted Thompson is a genius...

3 picks in the top 60 would be solid, in addition to getting the cap space. :wacko: TT would never give Williams the big money he's looking for anyways.

A few questions...

Does he play NT or DE in the 3-4?

Since the Browns would be left with only a 3rd round pick, does this mean that DA is out of Cleveland?

Edited by budlitebrad

3 picks in the top 60 would be solid, in addition to getting the cap space. :wacko: TT would never give Williams the big money he's looking for anyways.

A few questions...

Does he play NT or DE in the 3-4?

Since the Browns would be left with only a 3rd round pick, does this mean that DA is out of Cleveland?

He would play Nose.

Why would the lack of picks mean DA is gone?

He would play Nose.

Why would the lack of picks mean DA is gone?

He's probably referring to this on PFT:

"BROWNS HOPING TO LOSE ANDERSON?

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that, in order to get defensive tackle Corey Williams from the Packers, the Browns will send a second-round pick to Green Bay.

And this will give the Browns no picks on the first day of the 2008 draft, since they gave up their first-round pick in order to get in position to draft Brady Quinn last April.

As a member of PFT Planet pointed out, the Browns' might be hoping and/or planning to lose quarterback Derek Anderson to restricted free agency. If Anderson signs an offer sheet and the Browns opt not to match it, they'll get a first-round and a third-round draft pick in return."

The Browns had better hope that Brady Quinn is all that and more then. To lose a a proven playoff caliber QB in RFA seems like a spectacularly absurd and egotistical move by the front office. Just ask Arizona, San Fran, Buffalo, Washington, and Houston how their first round, franchise QBs have turned out for them.

Edited by Kid Cid

The Browns had better hope that Brady Quinn is all that and more then. To lose a a proven playoff caliber QB in RFA seems like a spectacularly absurd and egotistical move by the front office. Just ask Arizona, San Fran, Buffalo, Washington, and Houston how their first round, franchise QBs have turned out for them.

This was Anderson's first season as a starter and he didn't even start week 1. Frye did.

The Browns did NOT make the playoffs. Anderson's 4 interceptions week 16 vs the Bengals in a 19-14 loss ended the Browns playoff hopes.

Anderson had a good year but much of his success was against bad teams. He also was a product of a greatly improved team around him, with Joe Thomas & Eric Steinbach on the line, Jamal Lewis carrying the ball, and Braylon Edwards & Kellen Winslow both healthy for the first time.

I'd rather have 2 picks and Quinn starting, than no picks, Anderson starting, and Quinn on the bench.

This was Anderson's first season as a starter and he didn't even start week 1. Frye did.

The Browns did NOT make the playoffs. Anderson's 4 interceptions week 16 vs the Bengals in a 19-14 loss ended the Browns playoff hopes.

Anderson had a good year but much of his success was against bad teams. He also was a product of a greatly improved team around him, with Joe Thomas & Eric Steinbach on the line, Jamal Lewis carrying the ball, and Braylon Edwards & Kellen Winslow both healthy for the first time.

I'd rather have 2 picks and Quinn starting, than no picks, Anderson starting, and Quinn on the bench.

Frack, I need to stop posting before the coffee hits...

(Rotoworld) Citing "sources," the Washington Post reports the Browns will acquire franchise player Corey Williams from the Packers at midnight tonight.

Impact: Green Bay is looking for a second-round pick in exchange for Williams. If this report proves true, Packers GM Ted Thompson will look brilliant. By franchising Williams and putting him on the block, Thompson will have nabbed a day one pick for a player he originally appeared all but certain to lose.

If this comes to fruition, it just further strengthens my view that Ted Thompson is a genius...

A second rounder would be sweet. I hope the Browns are dumb I mean clever enough to make the trade.

A second rounder would be sweet. I hope the Browns are dumb I mean clever enough to make the trade.

:D:D

Ted Has 3 picks in the first two rounds... I wonder how many picks he'll have come draft day...

:wacko:

If I knew how to post the dancing banana gramelin I would. Thank you Ted Thompson. Thank you Corey Williams.

:D:D

Ted Has 3 picks in the first two rounds... I wonder how many picks he'll have come draft day...

:wacko:

If I knew how to post the dancing banana gramelin I would. Thank you Ted Thompson. Thank you Corey Williams.

:brew:

: yay : with no spaces