[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who will go #1 in this years NFL draft?

spanky08

The dolphins have the #1 pick this year and they have alot of positions they need to look at. Especially the QB position after last year picking Ginn Jr. over Quinn really hurt. Should they go for Matt Ryan. It looks something like that, because today they signed Smiley which a solid lineman and they traded for Robertson the NT from dallas so that closses out Dorsey and Ellis, i havnt heard much news on both Longs so i dont know.

Who do you think will go #1 overall?

MIA would be nuts not to trade down and acquire more picks/players.

I still think JJ is blowing smoke in DAL & will trade Barber & their 2 #1s this year plus something higher up in the draft next year to take McFadden. He's infamous for his drooling over McFadden before the combine. He's got to be spooging all over his McFadden fathead after what happened this past week.

IMO, I dont think Parcells ever thought about using that #1 pick, other than to trade down.....acquire more picks.

It would be nice to land a deal with Dallas as it has those picks...something Parcells is willing to look at...to pick up Barber in the mix, even more so. Hope thats how it pans out....

I still think JJ is blowing smoke in DAL & will trade Barber & their 2 #1s this year plus something higher up in the draft next year to take McFadden. He's infamous for his drooling over McFadden before the combine. He's got to be spooging all over his McFadden fathead after what happened this past week.

Agree with you completely BB. No doubt about JJ being in love with McFadden and that's who's going #1. Dallas will most likely move up and pay a large price to do so just to draft McFadden. Parcells loves stockpiling picks and would love to get his hands on Barber, 2 #1's and another pick. As a Cowboy fan I'm really not sure how I feel about the move if it goes down that way. My original feeling was that I hated the idea.

Agree with you completely BB. No doubt about JJ being in love with McFadden and that's who's going #1. Dallas will most likely move up and pay a large price to do so just to draft McFadden. Parcells loves stockpiling picks and would love to get his hands on Barber, 2 #1's and another pick. As a Cowboy fan I'm really not sure how I feel about the move if it goes down that way. My original feeling was that I hated the idea.

As does every cowboy fan in the DFW metroplex...

I think it would be a bad move to trade off Barber and both picks... Marion Barber was not the problem last year, and in my opinion, is the the foundation of the offense. The cowboys are a team primed to win now, and the window won't get bigger than it is this year. Saying that one could only hope that McFadden can get 1,255 yards and 12 touchdowns this year. I think the Cowboys would be best served to stand pat and take a running back later in the draft who will compliment MB3... Use the other picks to help out in the secondary...

Then again, I'm not a cowboy fan, and I would love to see the cowboys trade MB3 and both first rounders for him.

Now that they signed McCown, I'd say Ryan may be out of the picture.

Absolutely. I think it's between the two Long's, if they can't trade the pick that is.

As it is now, I can see Parcells going with Chris Long... Parcells is a defense first guy, and Long would finalize the re-worked D Line that he filled today... Could you imagine Taylor opposite of Chris Long? Wow. There is a connection between Long and Parcells in that Long's former coach, Al Grohe coached under Parcells in the past.

Guest Chappy

I think if this happened it would put an end to that talk.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks/0-5-6...in-Dallas-.html

Cowboys Looking At Bell

It's being reported that the Cowboys have interest in RB Tatum Bell.

Bell's finesse style of running would be a perfect compliment to RB Marion Barber's power running style. We will keep owners updated.

| February 29, 2008 3:51 PM

I agree right now Chris Long looks like a strong candidate, I would love as a Dolphin fan for the dolphins to land that deal with the Cowboys, our running game would be one of the best in the league hopefully if the O-Line can get it together. But if not drafting Chris Long #1 does not look like a bad idea. I like the signing of Mcown i rather take a risk with him the Ryan, and he didnt look that bad last year. We will just have to wait and see just how exactly everything turns out

If MIA doesn't take McFadden, he should be there to at least the 4th overall pick (and maybe the 7th) ... at which point, he'd be a TON cheaper for DAL (in terms of picks to trade and $$s to pay) ... while he may move up to get him, JJ won't move up to 1.01 for McFadden.

If MIA doesn't take McFadden, he should be there to at least the 4th overall pick (and maybe the 7th) ... at which point, he'd be a TON cheaper for DAL (in terms of picks to trade and $$s to pay) ... while he may move up to get him, JJ won't move up to 1.01 for McFadden.

But there is nothing from keeping a team other than the Cowboys from trading up to #2 or 3 to take McFadden. Jerry Jones loves the spotlight and if he really wants McFadden, he will trade up to #1.

Yeah except IMO the teams trying to trade down from way high in the draft almost always ask a for a ridiculous amount from other teams for the privilege, which is largely why it's so rare. Parcells might be different, and if DAL is willing, he's a fool not to take those two #1s for his IMO......but if not, I think there's no question he takes Long. No way will he take Ryan. McCown is stop-gap at best, but Parcells is a defensive guy and Ryan simply doesn't merit a 1.01.

But there is nothing from keeping a team other than the Cowboys from trading up to #2 or 3 to take McFadden.
like......

I don't see any team who will sell the farm to trade up that high to take McFadden. He's really good, but he's not the 2d coming of Walter Payton.