[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jets moves...

Rovers

Jenkins can't possibly be a downgrade from Dwayne Robertson at NT, he with the 26 year old head and forty year old knees. If Jenkins can adapt better to the 3-4 NT scheme than DRob ever did, could be a major upgrade on run D. A high 3 and a high 5 was a tall order, but maybe DRob can bring back a late 3 or a 4 when he gets traded. His salary has to be dumped. HAS to be.

Clayton reports Pitt's guard A Feneca... Fanecsa... got a spelling problem when I get excited.... fixes the single biggest hole on the roster at LG.

Sorry to see Vilma go, but his knees are a major concern, and he never fit Mangini's 3-4 worth a darn. Good guy, hope he does well in N.O. How the mighty have fallen... Vilma for a 4th.

Word is Woodley is being persued now to start at RT. I've read although he was benched as a OG last year, he filled in well at RT for the Loins the last five games of 2007. Any Detroit homers with an opinion on him? He has to be better than the AZ and SF castoff, Clements at RT. If he can walk, it's an upgrade.

These moves allow the Jets to go after an edge rusher with their 1st round pick now. Sure wish we went afetr A Thomas last year... what rooks in the draft do people like as an OLB/edge rusher in a 3-4? That is sure to be what the Jets will look at now.

Ah, late February, when every homer thinks his team is building... hope... springs eternal! :wacko:

Word is Woodley is being persued now to start at RT. I've read although he was benched as a OG last year, he filled in well at RT for the Loins the last five games of 2007. Any Detroit homers with an opinion on him? He has to be better than the AZ and SF castoff, Clements at RT. If he can walk, it's an upgrade.

Not by any means a Lions fan, but Damion Woody is a massive player who has had a lot of problems with keeping his weight down. If he could get focused on playing I think he could be a pretty good player, but if he can get focused on football remains to be seen. I believe he also underwent off season surgery, I want to say it was on his shoulder. He was however, a lot better than George Foster last year, but what does that really say?

Jenkins can't possibly be a downgrade from Dwayne Robertson at NT, he with the 26 year old head and forty year old knees. If Jenkins can adapt better to the 3-4 NT scheme than DRob ever did, could be a major upgrade on run D. A high 3 and a high 5 was a tall order, but maybe DRob can bring back a late 3 or a 4 when he gets traded. His salary has to be dumped. HAS to be.

Clayton reports Pitt's guard A Feneca... Fanecsa... got a spelling problem when I get excited.... fixes the single biggest hole on the roster at LG.

Sorry to see Vilma go, but his knees are a major concern, and he never fit Mangini's 3-4 worth a darn. Good guy, hope he does well in N.O. How the mighty have fallen... Vilma for a 4th.

These moves allow the Jets to go after an edge rusher with their 1st round pick now. Sure wish we went afetr A Thomas last year... what rooks in the draft do people like as an OLB/edge rusher in a 3-4? That is sure to be what the Jets will look at now.

Ah, late February, when every homer thinks his team is building... hope... springs eternal! :D

Best guess there, is Vernon Gholston from Ohio St.

Interesting that the Jets pick just in front of the Pats, who also could use an edge rushing OLB for the 3-4 :wacko:

Best guess there, is Vernon Gholston from Ohio St.

Interesting that the Jets pick just in front of the Pats, who also could use an edge rushing OLB for the 3-4 :wacko:

And I think this will be a factor in the Jets selecting him. I honestly think the Jets would draft a player so the Pats can't. As an outsider to this "rivalry", if we can call it that, it's really funny to watch.

Ah, late February, when every homer thinks his team is building... hope... springs eternal! :D

Aaaah...the commentary I was waiting for, from the Huddle's top Homer this past season...!

Dude, if you are in Hoboken for the St. Patty's Day parade and festivities tomorrow I'll buy you a few brews. :wacko:

And I think this will be a factor in the Jets selecting him. I honestly think the Jets would draft a player so the Pats can't. As an outsider to this "rivalry", if we can call it that, it's really funny to watch.

Yeah, funny like a freaking root canal. :wacko: And it's a whole lot funnier when the Jets are on the short end.

I know, I know, karma. I get it. I accept it. I expect it. But it doesn't mean I have to like it!

(KFFL) Contradicting previous reports, Tom Rock, of New York Newsday, reports unrestricted free-agent OG Alan Faneca (Steelers) has not agreed to a deal with the Jets, according to his agent, Rick Smith. Rock reportedly spoke with Smith and Smith confirmed that the story of Faneca agreeing to a four-year deal with the Jets is false.

A bit too early to say it's a done deal...

I've read all along that his decision would be at earliest Saturday, and latest Sunday at 6 pm.

Yup, that's what I read too.... but ESPN did report it as a done deal. ESPN it seems, is in trying to scoop others, just embarrassing themselves, and those who think their reports are reliable!

Yup, that's what I read too.... but ESPN did report it as a done deal. ESPN it seems, is in trying to scoop others, just embarrassing themselves, and those who think their reports are reliable!

Yeah, ESPN is losing credibility with every one of these. Clayton and Mortenson are complete jokes.

If the Jets don't go with Gholston, I like anyone of these guys:

Derrick Harvey

Quentin Groves

Chris Ellis

Jason Jones

Harvey probably doesn't make it to the second round. Groves and Ellis are good possibilities in the second and Jones has a good chance to make it to the third round.

Aaaah...the commentary I was waiting for, from the Huddle's top Homer this past season...!

Dude, if you are in Hoboken for the St. Patty's Day parade and festivities tomorrow I'll buy you a few brews. :wacko:

Thanks dude! Can I say dude? That commercial sort of obsoleted that word!

I don't post much, but I guess some folks do read my reports from training camp... nice to know that effort is appreciated. One more year at Hofstra.... and I hand the baton to... YOU! You have to go to camp in Jersey! No way I can get over there with a new seasonal startup biz I am involved in... so I elect YOU to carry the anchor leg! I'll find the time to spy for BB again this year, I am sure he reads my training camp reports.... he would NEVER send a spy to Jets camp! :D Right?

TFord... nice list. As long as the Woodey and Faneca signings come through, I'd be happy with any of those, but the Jets no longer have a 3rd round pick. I see D picks (based on expected FA signings) in round 1 and 2, an edge rusher, and a CB unless a BPA falls into round 2. Mangini and Tannenbaum are going to draft to need this year.... their jobs are on the line. But, we thought we had Runyun from Philly a couple of years ago.... Faneca could be using the Jets the way he did. Sorry... I stink at spelling player names. if it aint in the dictionary, I can't spell it.

i didnt read absolutely a word of this post yet....but its funny....i remember last year sgt fagg0+ talkin about how the jets oline was so d0pe and thomas jones was gonna bust out....and i said how losin pete kendall was gonna set them back...and he was like "thats what good olines do...make up for others guy mistakes"....they sucked...i was right....sgt ryan is a fawkin l0ser ....end of story

i didnt read absolutely a word of this post yet....but its funny....i remember last year sgt fagg0+ talkin about how the jets oline was so d0pe and thomas jones was gonna bust out....and i said how losin pete kendall was gonna set them back...and he was like "thats what good olines do...make up for others guy mistakes"....they sucked...i was right....sgt ryan is a fawkin l0ser ....end of story

I think you could keep your beef with someone else out of this thread? I also thought, and posted that T Jones would disappoint last year, but that has little to do with this year. I knew the Jets O line was going to be awful. That was last year.... I hope this thread can stay on topic instead of turning into some peying contest. This thread is about this year.... not to revive some old arguement.... thank you very much.

I think you could keep your beef with someone else out of this thread? I also thought, and posted that T Jones would disappoint last year, but that has little to do with this year. I knew the Jets O line was going to be awful. That was last year.... I hope this thread can stay on topic instead of turning into some peying contest. This thread is about this year.... not to revive some old arguement.... thank you very much.

how bout those knickerbockers!?!?!

we scored 18 points in the 4th quarter of superbowl 38...and won the superbowl

Nothing lamer than bringing up old superbowl wins :wacko:

Edited by whomper

Wow... Someone needs a timeout.

I'd hate to be accused of trying to get this thread back on topic, but here goes...

I hope the Jenkins signing works out - he seems better suited to play nose tackle than Dewayne Robertson, just based on size alone. It just makes me nervous that he actually never has played over the center in a 3-4, at least to my knowledge.

I wish Vilma the best, but he's another guy who was never suited for Mangini's 3-4 defense, and David Harris was a beast when Vilma went down, which made him expendable. I think in addition to a #4 this year, aren't the Jets potentially entitles to a pick next year based on how much Vilma plays? I thought it could be as high as a #2 in the 2009 draft, although that scenario would involve the Jets sending a #4 back to New orleans. Not sure how tough the threshholds are for the Jets to score that #2. But Rovers' point is well taken, Vilma went from defensive ROY to being traded essentially for a mid-round pick in a very short amount of time. Good trade for the Saints IMO, little downside and lots of upside.

Last I read, the Jets weren't getting enough interest for Robertson, and current plans were to keep him instead and play him along side Jenkins. I read that in Newsday I believe, although it confused me, I can't see Robertson lining up at end. :wacko: Another guy whose stock has plummeted - although never really a force at the pro level, the Jets did trade up to #4 overall just a couple years ago for this guy, and were applauded for doing so by most draft day pundits, and now they cannot get a #3 for him. With the exception of Keyshawn Johnson, the Jets always seem to fail spectacularly whenever they have a top 5 pick (see Lam Jones, Blair Thomas, etc.). Admittedly I might be forgetting some guys here.

I was sorry to see Samuels go elsewhere, I was salivating at the thought of him and Revis manning the two corners. Woulda' given the coaching staff alot of latitude in terms of sending the house after the QB.

One question, and forgive my ignorance - what's a BPA (referred to in Rovers' post above)?

I'd hate to be accused of trying to get this thread back on topic, but here goes...

I hope the Jenkins signing works out - he seems better suited to play nose tackle than Dewayne Robertson, just based on size alone. It just makes me nervous that he actually never has played over the center in a 3-4, at least to my knowledge.

I wish Vilma the best, but he's another guy who was never suited for Mangini's 3-4 defense, and David Harris was a beast when Vilma went down, which made him expendable. I think in addition to a #4 this year, aren't the Jets potentially entitles to a pick next year based on how much Vilma plays? I thought it could be as high as a #2 in the 2009 draft, although that scenario would involve the Jets sending a #4 back to New orleans. Not sure how tough the threshholds are for the Jets to score that #2. But Rovers' point is well taken, Vilma went from defensive ROY to being traded essentially for a mid-round pick in a very short amount of time. Good trade for the Saints IMO, little downside and lots of upside.

Last I read, the Jets weren't getting enough interest for Robertson, and current plans were to keep him instead and play him along side Jenkins. I read that in Newsday I believe, although it confused me, I can't see Robertson lining up at end. :wacko: Another guy whose stock has plummeted - although never really a force at the pro level, the Jets did trade up to #4 overall just a couple years ago for this guy, and were applauded for doing so by most draft day pundits, and now they cannot get a #3 for him. With the exception of Keyshawn Johnson, the Jets always seem to fail spectacularly whenever they have a top 5 pick (see Lam Jones, Blair Thomas, etc.). Admittedly I might be forgetting some guys here.

I was sorry to see Samuels go elsewhere, I was salivating at the thought of him and Revis manning the two corners. Woulda' given the coaching staff alot of latitude in terms of sending the house after the QB.

One question, and forgive my ignorance - what's a BPA (referred to in Rovers' post above)?

Best Player Available? :D