[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jets moves...

Rovers

Best Player Available, regardless of position or team need. When a player that might be at 20 on the team's draft board, and he drops to 32.... that's a BPA, also called best available player. I'm sure you knew that, but just not the accronym.

I think we have to be pretty happy with this FA so far, especially compared to the last couple of years. Mangini and Tannenbaum are feeling the heat I think. I would be surprised to see Robertson stay, but his salary alone makes him hard to trade. It may be cheaper on the cap to keep him, and use him in a rotation from DE to NT. I don't know the cap implications if he were to get cut.

I though D'Brick showed little improvement from his rookie year to last year... hopefully having a veteran OG next to him will help. Now... a new RT, and the line looks decent to me. Heard they were talking not only to Woodey, but to Olivea as well. Obviously, the team finally woke up and realised that Mangold and Brick don't fix the O line. I think Mangini learned that he can't wave a wand over a 6th round pick and make him an NFL O lineman.

I also read that the Vilma trade could include not only a 4th this year, but a swap of a 4th for a 2nd to the Jets based on whether or not Vilma plays and gets signed beyong 2008. That seems a bit more reasonable. N.O. got him cheap, but not for free.

Same concern with Jenkins... Robertson often reverted back to playing NT like a 3T in a 4-3 D. Hopefully, Jenkins takes to the scheme better than Robertson did. From what I read on Carolina message boards, he often occupied two blockers even in their 4-3 scheme. We don't need a guy that gets stats... just one that can hold and attract two blockers. In any case, worst case, Jenkins won't be any worse than DRob, and I suspect will be better, possibly a lot better. At least he has prototypical size for a NT.

Now.... we need that edge rusher. Then a CB. Doable.

and got Woodey for the RT spot. The O line has definitely been upgraded, but there is zero depth. Expect the Jets to draft the best ( on their player charts) outside pass rusher they can get in the draft.... probably the first one off the board in this draft.

and got Woodey for the RT spot. The O line has definitely been upgraded, but there is zero depth. Expect the Jets to draft the best ( on their player charts) outside pass rusher they can get in the draft.... probably the first one off the board in this draft.

The first will probably be Long to Miami, but Gholston isn't a bad consolation prize. He's a great fit for the 3-4.

Jets just traded Dewayne Robertson to Cincinnati...

:wacko:http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football...yne_robert.html

I was amazed when reading that article that Robertson has already been with the Jets for five seasons. Man, that went fast.

I still think he might be a productive player as an inside tackle in a 4-3, but I did think he was a little younger in terms of seasons played.

I would agree there that this is the need and Gholston is probably the guy...but if McFadden is sitting there staring the Jets in the face, do you think there is a chance they grab him? Part of me would love to see him off the board before we pick.

I would agree there that this is the need and Gholston is probably the guy...but if McFadden is sitting there staring the Jets in the face, do you think there is a chance they grab him? Part of me would love to see him off the board before we pick.

I think I agree with you there - in a salary cap world, I wouldn't want to have that much money invested into the halfback position (i.e., Jones and McFadden).

Tannenbaum was on WFAN this morning - I missed it but heard Boomer and Carton afterwards. Sounds like the Robertson deal fell through because he and the Bengals could not agree on a contract extension. I think Robertson is due a sizeable roster bonus in June, so look for him to be released then if they cannot trade him beforehand (that's my speculation, Tannenbaum didn't say that of course).

I think I agree with you there - in a salary cap world, I wouldn't want to have that much money invested into the halfback position (i.e., Jones and McFadden).

Tannenbaum was on WFAN this morning - I missed it but heard Boomer and Carton afterwards. Sounds like the Robertson deal fell throughbecause he and the Bengals could not agree on a contract extension. I think Robertson is due a sizeable roster bonus in June, so look for him to be released then if they cannot trade him beforehand (that's my speculation, Tannenbaum didn't say that of course).

:wacko::D:D:brew::D:Dyawn::lol::):D:lol::lol::bash::bash::bash:

I just can't see McFadden being drafted by the Jets. With the addition of Pace, I still would not be surprised to see an edge rusher taken with the 1st round pick. With a O line, Jones and Leon should be fine. Saw the Jets were talking to Jesse Chatman.... sounds even more like no McFadden to me.

:D

Here;s my favorite quote: "You pay guys you don't even know, and the guys in the locker room - the guys that have your back - you don't give a damn about them," one player said Tuesday, speaking on the condition of anonymity. "It shows where the loyalty is."

Hmmm...are these the same "guys" that went 4 - 12? Yeah Coles (had to be him), you are right...no one has your back.

F'n moran.

Edited by The Wolf

Jenkins can't possibly be a downgrade from Dwayne Robertson at NT, he with the 26 year old head and forty year old knees. If Jenkins can adapt better to the 3-4 NT scheme than DRob ever did, could be a major upgrade on run D. A high 3 and a high 5 was a tall order, but maybe DRob can bring back a late 3 or a 4 when he gets traded. His salary has to be dumped. HAS to be.

Clayton reports Pitt's guard A Feneca... Fanecsa... got a spelling problem when I get excited.... fixes the single biggest hole on the roster at LG.

Sorry to see Vilma go, but his knees are a major concern, and he never fit Mangini's 3-4 worth a darn. Good guy, hope he does well in N.O. How the mighty have fallen... Vilma for a 4th.

Word is Woodley is being persued now to start at RT. I've read although he was benched as a OG last year, he filled in well at RT for the Loins the last five games of 2007. Any Detroit homers with an opinion on him? He has to be better than the AZ and SF castoff, Clements at RT. If he can walk, it's an upgrade.

These moves allow the Jets to go after an edge rusher with their 1st round pick now. Sure wish we went afetr A Thomas last year... what rooks in the draft do people like as an OLB/edge rusher in a 3-4? That is sure to be what the Jets will look at now.

Ah, late February, when every homer thinks his team is building... hope... springs eternal! :wacko:

[/quote

With Jenkins in the middle where do you see Pouha in this scheme - just a fill in player - rotational sort of situation?

Word is Woodley is being persued now to start at RT. I've read although he was benched as a OG last year, he filled in well at RT for the Loins the last five games of 2007. Any Detroit homers with an opinion on him? He has to be better than the AZ and SF castoff, Clements at RT. If he can walk, it's an upgrade.

Damien Woody was supposed to be the best interior lineman in football; his signing to the Lions was supposed to be the cornerstone of the Millen rebuilding effort. He never played anywhere near his level in New England, and his weight problem went from "he's a little bigger than he was when he won that ring with NE" and ballooned up to "this dude is too fat to stand up". In the offseason prior to 2007, he actually went to a Duke University fat farm and dropped nearly 50 pounds. That still only put him back to "a little bigger than he was when he won that ring with NE", though, and he was totally ineffective at RG. He was benched a few weeks into the '07 season. When the situation at tackle got desperate, they gave Woody a shot and he was suprisingly effective. For the last few games of the season, Woody's play at RT was one of the major factors that turned the Lions' midseason skid around to late-season mediocrity. Most Lions fans were on the fence about whether he should be brought back, since he was a worthless slob for most of four seasons, and then great for the last five games of his contract year.

When he got signed to a five-year, $25 million dollar deal, the universal reaction from Lions fans was, 'For THAT much, you guys can have him." Hate to be the bearer of bad news, Jets fans, but Woody made a $$$ grab and got exactly what he wanted. I will be stunned if he's in a Jets uni three years from now.

Peace

policy