[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Faneca to the Jets...

Guest Chappy

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080302/ap_on_...WgZgygMv70E1vAI

So how does this impact the value of T. Jones?

Gives him a bump, no doubt, but the Jets still need a RT badly. The RG aint very good either. Ferguson at LT isn't a very good run blocker, so as a unit, the Jets O line is still sub-par as far as the running game goes. TJ is at this point, still a 12 team league #3 RB, unless more upgrades on the O line happen. If they do, he can go up to a #2 RB.

Guest Chappy
Gives him a bump, no doubt, but the Jets still need a RT badly. The RG aint very good either. Ferguson at LT isn't a very good run blocker, so as a unit, the Jets O line is still sub-par as far as the running game goes. TJ is at this point, still a 12 team league #3 RB, unless more upgrades on the O line happen. If they do, he can go up to a #2 RB.

Good analysis Rovers and from what I've seen you're well read on your Jets and very fair in your appraisals not only of your own Homer team but of all NFL/fantasy related topics alike. I do believe that T. Jones is on the brink of being a steady #2 fantasy RB for this upcoming year. If the passing game can get it going and the O-line can gel more, Jones could very well surprise.

Good analysis Rovers and from what I've seen you're well read on your Jets and very fair in your appraisals not only of your own Homer team but of all NFL/fantasy related topics alike. I do believe that T. Jones is on the brink of being a steady #2 fantasy RB for this upcoming year. If the passing game can get it going and the O-line can gel more, Jones could very well surprise.

Thanks.... I do go to training camp 4 to 6 times a year, so I get a close up look at these guys. The Kendall fiasco was like a soap opera. He was on a bike most of the time, and refused to stand near his team mates when he did participate in practice. TC can be a hard read though... sometimes a guy can look like a world beater for two weeks, and then fade into oblivion as more game plan stuff gets inserted into the practices. At field level, the toughest thing to get a look at is the line play. It helps to know how the coaches work... some yell at the lousy players, some yell at the ones they like. Knowing how each coach operates is often the best way to read the linemen on both sides of the ball. It's a lot of fun though.... and after 2008 they move to New Joisey. :wacko:

From what I am observing, the Jets WILL have a new RT this year. The question is who, and how good he will be. If he's reasonably good, even average, Jones should be a good #2 in 2008.

Guest Chappy

As reported by the NFLN, the Jets are now looking at possibly signing Damien Woody to play RT.

Edited by Chappy

Guest Chappy
As reported by the NFLN, the Jets are now looking at possibly signing Damien Woody to play RT.

Woody's now aboard too. Man the Jets are really trying to fix that O-line.

If he's still breathing, he's better than Clement was. The Jets have needed a road grader at RT for ... crap, a decade, almost. Finally, the Jets have addressed the O line with bandages, instead of band aids. I think it needed stitches, but we shall see....

Guest Chappy
If he's still breathing, he's better than Clement was. The Jets have needed a road grader at RT for ... crap, a decade, almost. Finally, the Jets have addressed the O line with bandages, instead of band aids. I think it needed stitches, but we shall see....

I think the Jet's O-line is one that will surprise many people this year. Now if only the passing game can make defenses play honest the running game may actually be worth a lick this year. Hell I even heard some sports talk guys talking about how the Jets should go after McFadden. The Jet's truly don't have any offensive playmakers that scare anybody.