[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looking for keeper & fantasy draft opinions

Hey fellas:

I'm in a 12 team 3 player keeper league that allows trading of draft picks.

Last year I was in position to make a run...as a result I only have a 1st round pick and then I dont draft again until the 5th round.

Also, we do non-serpentine so that the bad teams or teams that had an off year have a chance to retool quickly....It works well.

I hold the 10th position in any given round (save for the above)

So here is what I have for potential keepers.

QB - Palmer, E. Manning

RB - Adrian Peterson (the All-Day version), Portis, Fred (not dead) Taylor

WR - Brandon Marshall, Wes Welker

Again its a 3 player keeper. Right now I would say Palmer, Peterson and Portis. But here is my dilema. Portis has been averaging sub 4.0 yds per carry for some time now. I think he is still regarded as somewhere between the 6th and 10th best RB's in the league. I for one don't think he is worth that. Should I attempt to trade him for a couple/few picks in the draft? Rookie RB's tend to fall in our league (I picked up Peterson last year with the 10th pick in the 2nd round)....so as it stands, I could replace Portis with McFadden in the first round and keep Marshall instead....And I could potentially pick up a 2, 3 and maybe even a 4th round pick for Portis.....putting me back in strong contention this year. If I keep Portis and have no 2nd, 3rd or 4th pick....My best realistic hope is for a .500 season and missing the playoffs.

So should I keep Portis and hope for the best or try and deal him for more picks? :wacko:

Hey fellas:

I'm in a 12 team 3 player keeper league that allows trading of draft picks.

Last year I was in position to make a run...as a result I only have a 1st round pick and then I dont draft again until the 5th round.

Also, we do non-serpentine so that the bad teams or teams that had an off year have a chance to retool quickly....It works well.

I hold the 10th position in any given round (save for the above)

So here is what I have for potential keepers.

QB - Palmer, E. Manning

RB - Adrian Peterson (the All-Day version), Portis, Fred (not dead) Taylor

WR - Brandon Marshall, Wes Welker

Again its a 3 player keeper. Right now I would say Palmer, Peterson and Portis. But here is my dilema. Portis has been averaging sub 4.0 yds per carry for some time now. I think he is still regarded as somewhere between the 6th and 10th best RB's in the league. I for one don't think he is worth that. Should I attempt to trade him for a couple/few picks in the draft? Rookie RB's tend to fall in our league (I picked up Peterson last year with the 10th pick in the 2nd round)....so as it stands, I could replace Portis with McFadden in the first round and keep Marshall instead....And I could potentially pick up a 2, 3 and maybe even a 4th round pick for Portis.....putting me back in strong contention this year. If I keep Portis and have no 2nd, 3rd or 4th pick....My best realistic hope is for a .500 season and missing the playoffs.

So should I keep Portis and hope for the best or try and deal him for more picks? :wacko:

get what you can get for Portis, remember he is going into a new coaching system next year -- I really like the crop of RBs this year

Keep ADP, Portis, and Marshall

You'll be better off getting a good QB later... good WRs will be long gone. The point dropoff will be less at QB if you don't draft again until the 5th. Use the 1rst on a WR!!! stud WRs are becoming harder to come by than RBs

Wouldn't drop Portis because he scores TDs, line was banged up last year, new offenses tend to favor the RB. Not too many situations where a rook RB is going to be handed the reigns either, maybe HOU or CHI. but HOU has been linked to Warrick Dunn. I wouldn't bank on no rook this year, that's just me