[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Ben now the $102 million QB

DMD

Yeah, and he was pretty f'n bad in the Super Bowl as well, before the accident and the appendectomy.

Funny you don't bring up the fact that Ben was primarily the reason the Steelers even made the SB that year with his play in the playoff games. Why is that?

Funny you don't bring up the fact that Ben was primarily the reason the Steelers even made the SB that year with his play in the playoff games. Why is that?

Ben shut down the Colts' running game and kept them out of the endzone for the first three quarters in the playoffs? That's news to me.

Why do so many Steelers fans get their nuts in a twist when I say that Ben is a rock-solid QB, but isn't an elite one? :wacko:

Ben shut down the Colts' running game and kept them out of the endzone for the first three quarters in the playoffs? That's news to me.

Why do so many Steelers fans get their nuts in a twist when I say that Ben is a rock-solid QB, but isn't an elite one? :D

I just find it funny so many people say he sucked in the SB (which he did), but then do not even acknowledge his 3 great games prior to, and that they would not have been in the SB if not for him that year based on his playoff games.

As for your first remark.....give me a break. :wacko:

I just find it funny so many people say he sucked in the SB (which he did), but then do not even acknowledge his 3 great games prior to, and that they would not have been in the SB if not for him that year based on his playoff games.

And I never said that he didn't play an important role in them getting to the SB. In fact, I've said just the opposite here on more than one occasion.

As for your first remark.....give me a break. :wacko:

What, the Steelers didn't beat the Colts with defense? You need to watch that game again. :D

And I never said that he didn't play an important role in them getting to the SB. In fact, I've said just the opposite here on more than one occasion.

What, the Steelers didn't beat the Colts with defense? You need to watch that game again. :wacko:

Sorry, I don't follow each end every post by you. Excuse me if I did not know that you "said just the opposite" previously.

I didn't say just the Colts game, I said the 3 playoff games, which would lead most people to realize that I meant 3 games. And yes, he played very well in the Colts game, and I also would like to point to "The Tackle".

Sorry, I don't follow each end every post by you. Excuse me if I did not know that you "said just the opposite" previously.

Sorry that my one negative remark about Ben Roethlisberger (accompanied by several positive remarks) irritated your vagina. I'll try to be more sensitive to your special needs in the future. :wacko:

I didn't say just the Colts game, I said the 3 playoff games, which would lead most people to realize that I meant 3 games.

So, Kimo tearing Palmer's ACL in the Wild Card round and the defense picking Plummer twice and holding Denver's halfbacks to 67 yards in the AFC Championship game didn't help?

No, you're right, it was all Ben. :D

And yes, he played very well in the Colts game, and I also would like to point to "The Tackle".

Never said that he didn't.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Sorry that my one negative remark about Ben Roethlisberger (accompanied by several positive remarks) irritated your vagina. I'll try to be more sensitive to your special needs in the future. :D

Wow, insults. Typical college kid trying to be funny on a message board. Or if older, even more sad. I won't even continue this with you anymore if thats all you have.

:wacko:

Wow, insults. Typical college kid trying to be funny on a message board. Or if older, even more sad.

:wacko:

Typican fanboy enchilada looking for a fight and mouthing off when somebody says something remotely negative about his home team's QB. :D indeed

I won't even continue this with you anymore if thats all you have.

Given that you won't even respond to my remarks about how well Pittsburgh's defense played in the '05 playoffs (and, no, that doesn't mean that Ben sucked :D), there's nothing further to discuss with you.

Edited by Bill Swerski

I knew it was going to be big but man this is way bigger than I expected. I am still very happy that it is done. :wacko:

Yeah, I agree, it is more than I thought it would be, but how could they not get this done? Now, they just need to find an offensive line to protect thier 100 million dollar man. That should be of the utmost importance right now.

How can anyone say he's not worth this? He won the superbowl in his 2nd year. He went 15-0 in his rookie year. He played through vehicle accidents, major surgeries, illness and poor play. He slang the rock last year, made pin point passes, made big time passes. Never gets sacked. This guys is a top 5 QB EASY. Hell, he may be top 3, even compared to Carson's outstanding 06 season. No reason to not be in the same boat as Peyton and lest you forget, the highest paid player in the NFL that was.

How can anyone say he's not worth this?

I don't think that people are saying that. If Ron Mexico was worth $100+ million, Ben is worth more. The only complaint here is that the market to sign a young, proven, quality NFL QB to a long-term deal is obscene.

I don't think that people are saying that. If Ron Mexico was worth $100+ million, Ben is worth more. The only complaint here is that the market to sign a young, proven, quality NFL QB to a long-term deal is obscene.

The entire NFL roster market is obscene. These guys should be making $50k/yr imo, like in the old XFL. But then again, I'm a jealous jerkwad

ps. and no I dont need confirmation of that :wacko:

i think vick and manning still took up more cap space than ben since the salary cap has risen since they signed those deals. but hell.. they could have given him 200 mil for all i care. anything so that we dont have to go through another 20+ years without a legit quarterback.

That is a lot of money.

You can say all you want about what caused it, but, so far, here is what Ben has done:

1st Year: 5th Highest QB Rating in NFL, 15-1 as starter, broke rookie QB rating and completion % records

2nd Year: 3rd Highest QB Rating in NFL, almost perfect QB rating on the road in the AFC Playoffs, Super Bowl title

3rd Year: Awful Year - His 4th year would prove if the motorcycle accident / appendectomy had an affect

4th Year: 2nd Highest QB Rating in NFL

I'm just glad the Steelers locked him up. They had great teams ruined by poor QB play for a LONG time before Ben was drafted.

:wacko: Now, go get an O-Line that can keep him alive for 8 years !!!!!

Edited by Menudo

I knew it was going to be big but man this is way bigger than I expected. I am still very happy that it is done. :wacko:

Hmm. He didn't leave much for the "tall WR" he desires. You sign a contract that huge, don't expect much help. It's obvious by the way they paid him, they expect HIM to be the man.

How can anyone say he's not worth this? He won the superbowl in his 2nd year. He went 15-0 in his rookie year. He played through vehicle accidents, major surgeries, illness and poor play. He slang the rock last year, made pin point passes, made big time passes. Never gets sacked. This guys is a top 5 QB EASY. Hell, he may be top 3, even compared to Carson's outstanding 06 season. No reason to not be in the same boat as Peyton and lest you forget, the highest paid player in the NFL that was.

While I agree with most of what you said, Ben got sacked more than any QB last season.

My take on the contract is this. I too was surprised to see Rooney shell out this kind of cash. If it wasn't for the current QB situation in the NFL Ben wouldn't command close to this amount. After Romo got his deal I was guessing that it would take atleast 95M to sign Ben long term. Ben is a very solid QB, not quite elite but very solid. He still has quite a bit of room for improvement creating a big upside to an already solid QB. I am glad he will be in Black n Gold for years to come.

Edited by max

Agreed.

Pittsburgh is a run first team, and for them to be paying a QB like Big Ben that kind of money really reflects on the current quarterback market in the NFL.

A run first team doesn't have a QB that throws for 32 TDs.

A run first team doesn't have a QB that throws for 32 TDs.

The Steelers still run the ball a lot, but, it isn't nearly as much as they used to. They finally have a QB that they can put some trust in. I'm still EXTREMELY concerned about their awful offensive line.