[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Walker gets huge deal from OAK

BeeR

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not exaggerating when I say that this is hands down the single most ill-conceived free agent signing in the history of the NFL, even topping the second worst -- not surprisingly, also by Al Davis -- the Larry Brown signing. And worse than the Browns signing Andre Rison, the Skins signing Deion, on and on....

Just :D:D:wacko::brew: ...Makes me wonder if Davis was consulting with the Jets when they signed Neil O'Donnell.

Just :D:D:wacko::brew: ...Makes me wonder if Davis was consulting with the Jets when they signed Neil O'Donnell.

Eeeeeeeeeasy there big fella...O'Donnell was at least a Super Bowl QB and the Jets had to overpay to attract him because we s*cked in every conceivable way.

Eeeeeeeeeasy there big fella...O'Donnell was at least a Super Bowl QB and the Jets had to overpay to attract him because we s*cked in every conceivable way.

Justify it all you want, but was still a terrible signing for a journeyman QB who caught fire at the right time, a la Scott MItchell.

I'm pretty sure that Al Davis is no longer capable of making rational decisions. This is pretty much like placing a $27mil bet on 00. Mathematically you can win but the odds just ain't in your favor.

one has to wonder if moss would have signed his deal if walker had signed this deal first :wacko:

Logic would say no but I think the Moss' free agency consisted of him testing the waters then allowing the Pats to match (or come close to) any offer Moss received.

As crazy of an old coot as Al Davis is, I doubt he was going to offer Moss another job getting coffee let alone a contract like Walker's. In case anyone hasn't noticed, Al Davis likes to hold grudges while steadfastly continuing to poke holes in his own sinking ship. Offering that contract to Moss would've been an admission of his own idiocy. But instead, the signing of Walker is an admission of lunacy.

Logic would say no but I think the Moss' free agency consisted of him testing the waters then allowing the Pats to match (or come close to) any offer Moss received.

As crazy of an old coot as Al Davis is, I doubt he was going to offer Moss another job getting coffee let alone a contract like Walker's. In case anyone hasn't noticed, Al Davis likes to hold grudges while steadfastly continuing to poke holes in his own sinking ship. Offering that contract to Moss would've been an admission of his own idiocy. But instead, the signing of Walker is an admission of lunacy.

i wasnt saying that the raiders would make an offer to Moss...just saying wonder what moss would have done had Walker had signed this deal prior to him re-upping with the pats

i wasnt saying that the raiders would make an offer to Moss...just saying wonder what moss would have done had Walker had signed this deal prior to him re-upping with the pats

Oh I understand but Moss tested the waters for himself. I doubt Walker's contract would've changed the Pats', or any other team's, negotiations with Moss.

Yeah it's fair to compare contracts that other FAs at each position are getting but there are unique individual circumstances that determine a 'market' rate for a player's services. The Pats very nearly matched that rate. Walker's contract, or any other FA WR contract, can't and doesn't relate to Moss' market rate. Oakland wasn't even in Moss' market for a couple reasons... Moss probably doesn't want to go back to that sh*thole for any amount of money and Davis would probably never have him back.

Anyways, Walker's contract is a crazy friggin' contract. Remaining FA WRs can jump up and down and point and scream at Walker's contract until they're blue in the face but it won't change what a team with sane management is willing to offer.

I wish I had a smart ass response to all you guys...

:D:D

I feel for you man! It is more fun to "hate" the Raiders when there is something to fear. Davis has got to die someday (I don't hope for this, just observing) and then maybe the ship gets righted. The game, from on the field and off, has gone by him completely. The rivalry is just not as fun as it should be!

At least you have the trophies of the past to fall back on. When the Chargers suck, there is no past glory, just suck. :D And speaking from first hand perspective, it is the worst to bleed a teams colors and remain loyal when that team is BAD, and the Raiders are just a bad organization at the moment. Sucks for you and Raider Nation right now. :brew:

Just like the climate :wacko: , all things cycle, even the NFL! Good luck!

FWIW, i dont necessarily think this deal is totally asinine. I mean, it is, but Walker, imo, has proven himself enough to warrant a hefty chunk of change. I feel he's in the top 12, or maybe even top 10 WR's in the league, and only because he's been hurt. When he's on the field, he's outstanding.

I think it shows that OAK is officially desperate. To pay that much out of the gate is pretty retarded. I guess i'm on both sides of the fence on this one.

There's no doubt at all tho, that OAK coulda got him for much, MUCH less.

i mean, it is definitely possible that walker kicks ass and russell to walker becomes a combo to fear. wouldn't totally surprise me (also wouldn't surprise me if walker played 3 games this year and caught 8 balls). but i just have to think al overpaid by $4-5 million per year, minimum. did walker have other offers anywhere close? i highly doubt it.

The Raiders have lost their minds.

Since last Thursday, the Raiders have doled out more than $144 million in contracts to defensive tackle Tommy Kelly ($50.1 million), safety Gibril Wilson ($39 million), and Walker ($55 million).

:wacko:

I wish I had a smart ass response to all you guys...

I actually feel bad for Raiders fans... Not at all trying to piss you guys off. I honestly have more respect for Raiders fans than almost any other organization in sports... What you guys go through on a year to year basis is... Well... horrible.

Is this deal much different than Bernard berrian's?

Berrian has two good knee's.

The Raiders have lost their minds.

Since last Thursday, the Raiders have doled out more than $144 million in contracts to defensive tackle Tommy Kelly ($50.1 million), safety Gibril Wilson ($39 million), and Walker ($55 million).

:wacko:

Add in the 16 they just dropped on the human turn stile, Kwame Harris.

Not exaggerating when I say that this is hands down the single most ill-conceived free agent signing in the history of the NFL, even topping the second worst -- not surprisingly, also by Al Davis -- the Larry Brown signing. And worse than the Browns signing Andre Rison, the Skins signing Deion, on and on....

+1

Al Davis is now officially the worst owner in the NFL.