[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Of the remaining FAs...

BeeR

I'm not saying that Nall would be the starter, but he would provide good competition. Better than Mr. Concussion Trent Green IMO.

This isn't about competition...McCarthy already stated that when Favre retires Rodgers becomes the starter.

This isn't about competition...McCarthy already stated that when Favre retires Rodgers becomes the starter.

You don't just hand the job over to someone. Yes Rodgers is the frontman but you have to have a competition for the job - even if behind closed doors there is none. :wacko:

I'm not saying that Nall would be the starter, but he would provide good competition. Better than Mr. Concussion Trent Green IMO.

Yes, you said that he would be in the mix to start...

You don't just hand the job over to someone. Yes Rodgers is the frontman but you have to have a competition for the job - even if behind closed doors there is none. :wacko:

Rodgers was drafted in the first round and groomed for three years for a reason. He's showed promise in his limited opportunities. Young quarterbacks do not need any additional pressures or mind games going on... Following a legend in itself will be difficult enough. He was a first round choice for a reason and hasn't complained a bit.

Regardless, Nall at his best couldn't lead a team to a 8-8 record, so that argument for him doesn't hold water. Trent Green would be a much better fit because...

A. It's not an open competition, it's Rodgers job... If you need more proof look at Thompsons comments on Rodgers a week ago. Glowing.

B. Trent Green is a veteran thats seen it all. It's not so much that he can be a starter, but he can give insight and help Rodgers adjust to things that he's already seen and gone through himself.

C. Nall sucks.

Calm down silly. You're new here and proposing things that are in stark contrast to that of the GM. Of course you're going to take your lumps...

No thanks. I've been here 2 days and I'm already the "wetload" for proposing another viewpoint. Not really something I want to be apart of. But whatever, you can't expect Rodgers to not miss a beat.

No thanks. I've been here 2 days and I'm already the "wetload" for proposing another viewpoint. Not really something I want to be apart of. But whatever, you can't expect Rodgers to not miss a beat.

Ha, so because someone isn't going along with your nonsense viewpoints you're so pissed you're going to leave? I wonder what you would have done if you would have crossed Ryan or Swerski... :D

No one said Rodgers would miss a beat. Not one of us. We did say that there is no quarterback competition, as logic, Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson tells us this. I might as well say that Dorsey Levins is coming back, then get pissed off when logic proves that wrong. Just because it's another viewpoint, it doesn't mean we have to be willing to embrace it. Bring viewpoints that make more sense, rather than to state your opinion followed by a :wacko: thing.

The Huddle is as good as it gets with football/fantasy football discussions. If you stick around here you're going to learn a ton that you may not of ever learned or knew. This forum is great, but you have to understand that throwing out pie in the sky theories and viewpoints are not going to go over that well. Especially from someone that's been around for two days...

Edited by piratesownninjas

Welcome to the huddle, man... My only advice to you is to be prepared to defend your viewpoints around here. And don't even bother disagreeing with a guy who posts out here under the name of "DMD". It'll just get you hate from all of the old timers. They're a little protective. :wacko: