[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

pop tarts

tonorator

i like mine a bit over toasted. if you under toast the tart, it is still a bit gummy and soft. a slight over toasting truly brings out the flavor in whatever filling you have selected, combining that inner warm goodness with a hot, crusty exterior that is like a fine pie crust. i'm currently enjoying the brown sugar cinnamon variety, enjoying the slight buttery accent to the powerful combination of the two primary ingredients. one also cannot ignore the frosted chocolate tart which, when cooked to perfection, drives the senses wild. the fruits are satisfactory, but a distant second to the brown sugar and chocolate.

if you enjoy this delicacy, you should be aware that it does carry a high fat content and contains all of the human manufactured food subsitutes that will kill you faster than natural foods.

The ones with chocolate, fudge, cinnamon etc are great toasty warm with nothing on em... I always toast the fruit ones and slather the crust side with butter! My mom used to get pizzed when I would take the pop tart out of the toaster ,slather it with butter and throw it back into the toaster to "cook in" the buttery goodness!

Edited by sundaynfl

Used to eat those in college all the time. Kept 'em on tap at the fraternity house. Good quick hangover breakfast. Haven't had one in years now. The chocolate were definitely a fave, but I also liked the smores with the graham cracker crust.

Did you mean "fave" or "favre"? Did you hear he just retired?

amazing part of when pop tarts are cooked / toasted , is the fact that the center and the contents , become hotter than Lava

never seen anything as hot as inside of toasted Pop Tart :wacko:

Then you obviously weren't watching the first half of the Oakland/GB MNF game when favre went off.

Guest Chappy
i like mine a bit over toasted. if you under toast the tart, it is still a bit gummy and soft. a slight over toasting truly brings out the flavor in whatever filling you have selected, combining that inner warm goodness with a hot, crusty exterior that is like a fine pie crust. i'm currently enjoying the brown sugar cinnamon variety, enjoying the slight buttery accent to the powerful combination of the two primary ingredients. one also cannot ignore the frosted chocolate tart which, when cooked to perfection, drives the senses wild. the fruits are satisfactory, but a distant second to the brown sugar and chocolate.

if you enjoy this delicacy, you should be aware that it does carry a high fat content and contains all of the human manufactured food subsitutes that will kill you faster than natural foods.

I like my tarts toasted the same way you do and the only 2 that I eat are the ones you mentioned above. Odd.

Thanks for posting that last line or so, as I eat Pop-Tarts on a daily basis for breakfast and usually don't pay any attention to the health stats on the box. However, now it all makes sense why my waste has jumped up to sizes in the last couple years. :wacko:

Edited by Chappy

Our family eat pop tarts but we don't care what is the precise time to toast them is. We just nuke them until their hot. They better be either the frosted variety or chocolate.

Nuke em?? :wacko:

You're missing the whole point of the "toaster pastery"!

Guest Chappy
Nuke em?? :wacko:

You're missing the whole point of the "toaster pastery"!

Agreed. Nuke them and you're killing the whole texture of the Pop Tart. They get mushy and gross. Toasting them is the only way to go if you want to have them at their best. But hey if that floats your boat, nuke away. I'm cutting them out of my diet entirely.

Edited by Chappy

Couldn't stand 'em even as a kid. I do like the toaster strudles. :wacko:

+1 Toaster strudles are waaaaaay better.

I think ( and i could be wrong ) but toaster strudels are the Gay Man's breakfast of champions :D

:D

Edited by isleseeya