[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top pick in this year's draft

Randall

Who will it be?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will it be?

• Chris Long
    • Jake Long
    • Gholston
    • McFadden
    • Cedrick Ellis
    • Matt Ryan
    • Leodis McKelvin
    • Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
    • Glenn Dorsey
    • Keith Rivers
    • Trade down
    • Other player

Parcells will consider trading down, but nothing will happen because the 1.01 picking team always expects to get more for it than is reasonable - esp when that #1 pick isn't a "sure thing" franchise QB. Given that, I'd be shocked if he didn't take Howie Long Jr.

Edited by BeeR

Trade down. Although, another team would have to pay a very high price.

Jake Long.

They have Holliday, Starks, Taylor at DL. That is solid, not great, but they need to protect Ronnie and Beck or whoever their QB will be. Chris Long is good, but just not their need right now.

Who will the Dolphins pick this year.

I thought they gave their first pick to the G'men for preserving the '72 Phins solitary place atop the mountain?

If they didn't, they'll take Jake Long out of need as no one will pay the bounty for the #1 and have to pay the #1 money with the #1 knowing how bad the team wanted him ... you risk giving away the store to get a holdout which wastes the first year and weakens the second ...

Are you asking who the first pick will be or who MIA will take? Because I don't think MIA will own the 1st pick come the end of April.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Parcells trade down gievn all the needs in MIA, and given that MIA & DAL are in different conferences, I still see DAL trading up with their 2 #1s, plus something else lucrative like Barber, to get hold of McFadden. Anyone who watched the Julius Jones at RB knows: A ) Jerry Jones loves RBs who are his pets - and he has a massive hard-on for McFadden, and B ) that Jones has little regard for Barber despite what the guy accomplished as a part timer. Add that Parcells loves his guys, and Barber fits that mold. McFadden crushed the combine, and that only adds fuel to the fire.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Parcells should try to trade down and take the best deal available after thorough negotiating....

I'm pretty sure he's trying that

On another note- Why is everyone saying Chris Long? Why take a guy poorly suited to play 3-4 end when the is LT help available? :wacko: