[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CJ punched Marvin Lewis in '05 playoff game

The Misfit

This explains a lot about the Bengals the past two years, if true ...

From the Cincinnati Enquirer:

During an appearance earlier this week at the Central Maryland Browns Backers meeting, Cleveland defensive lineman Shaun Smith, a former Bengals backup and member of the 2005 AFC North Division champion Bengals, said that wide receiver Chad Johnson punched head coach Marvin Lewis at halftime of the Bengals' 31-17 wild-card playoff loss to the Steelers Jan. 8, 2006.

The video of Smith's talk on YouTube is no longer available. Reportedly, Smith called the event organizer and told him to remove it. A transcript has circulated on the Internet:

"He swung on Marvin. (Johnson) shattered the training room glass. He swung on Marvin (and) hit Marvin in the eye. Then he tried to swing on wide receivers coach Hue Jackson, who's now in Baltimore."

Bengals public relations director Jack Brennan said the club had no comment on the video.

Guest Chappy

You know it's amazing, as back a couple years ago everyone was talking about how TO was a huge cancer and his antics on the field after scoring were ridiculous. They're comments about how Chad does similar things but that he doesn't irritate people because he's got charisma and is funny/entertaining. However, some people, along with myself, always wondered how Chad's antics would be viewed if the team wasn't competitive/fighting for the division title or playoff spot. Well... we now have our answer and he's viewed almost exactly the same, as a "clubhouse cancer" and trade talks run rampant.

So PFT WAS right.

Everyone who trashed them back two years ago owes an apology. :wacko:

Link?

I trash them all the time, under the "they throw everything they can against the wall and when the 3% sticks they bill themselves as geniuses, forgetting the other 97%" theory.

They also guaranteed Brady Quinn was going to be suspended for his Sr season. :D

because he's got charisma and is funny/entertaining

Nope. No charisma there and Chad's hardly ever funny/entertaining. He's always been a self centered prack with great athletic ability -- but found he had to keep topping his last escapade just to be relevant because he had no class to carry him when he wasn't being a sack. If I'm an owner, coach, or player, give me a guy with Marvin Harrison's approach to the game, life, and being a teammate annnnnnnnnnnnny time. It will be interesting to see if he ever matures and tries to reinvent himself ala the current Randy Moss experiment. Just play ball Chad, and people will respond ...

Well, we've know for a while that something happened during that halftime. You could see it in the way they played the second half as a team. Other than Kitna, who was almost heroic (yeah, I said it), the team played like crap.