[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eagles go after Fitz...

Guest Chappy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

meh...not sure about that.

the Cardinals have no interest in getting this done quickly. I wouldn't be surprised to see the process bleed all the way until draft day, when the Crads realize the spot they are in, put a value on it, and seriosuly consider all offers.

And I doubt the Eagles have offered their best proposal yet, either. I wouldn't be surprised if Sheppard, 2008 2nd rounder, and their 2009 1st rounder, gets it done on draft day.

the Cardinals have no interest in getting this done quickly. I wouldn't be surprised to see the process bleed all the way until draft day, when the Crads realize the spot they are in, put a value on it, and seriosuly consider all offers.

And I doubt the Eagles have offered their best proposal yet, either. I wouldn't be surprised if Sheppard, 2008 2nd rounder, and their 2009 1st rounder, gets it done on draft day.

the guy Micah on the GCobb.com site is saying his source tells him they are still going after Fitz and Roy Williams is not really an option anymore...they don't need a stud corner...they use a zone cover-style..which makes sense..

That seems a bit steep of a price considering we are giving a pro-bowl corner who is the same age (if not younger?) than Fitz... Still, I'd consider it on the Eagles' side of things, but I'd be more comfortable to changing that 2009 pick to a 2nd rounder.

Anyone notice that we are talking about the Cardinals? This doesn't happen much at the Huddle.

Edited by TDFFFreak

That seems a bit steep of a price considering we are giving a pro-bowl corner who is the same age (if not younger?) than Fitz... Still, I'd consider it on the Eagles' side of things, but I'd be more comfortable to changing that 2009 pick to a 2nd rounder.

Anyone notice that we are talking about the Cardinals? This doesn't happen much at the Huddle.

Not sure Sheppard holds the value everything thinks he does. The Cardinals know his injury history....the Cardinals also know the Eagles don't want to spend a total of $15.5M on three cornerbacks this season....they know the Eagles almost have to trade him, so it doesn't surprise me that they would wait to make the Eagles squirm a bit, hopinf to have the ante upped a bit.

On he flip side, being the optomistic Eagles fan I am....a 1st rounder next year will likely be a lower pick....somewhere around 30 or 31 (ahem)....or at least in the mid-to-high 20's. To obtain a stud WR to rely on for the next 6-years....and to pay him appropriately....we can afford to lose next year's #1, and the injury-prone Sheppard, and a low-2nd rounder this year.

Adding Fitz and Samuels, and subtracting Lito, a 2nd and a #1 next year.....that's a blowout win IMO.

Even if they don't trade for a vet, having 3 solid corners and drafting a WR at 19 doesn't seem like too bad of an alternative.

I would agree if it wasn't for the Eagles track record of drafting WRs and the fact that they don't seem to like playing rookies.

Lito is 26 and Fitz is 24

Even if they don't trade for a vet, having 3 solid corners and drafting a WR at 19 doesn't seem like too bad of an alternative.

Lito is getting traded regardless....this is why they went so hard after Samuel...

word is that the Eagles are still after Fitz and nothing else....so it's Fitz or bust until the draft...

The latest news about The Eagles looking to get a WR is this.. Howard Esking of 610 WIP in Philly reported today that the Eagles are talking to the Jags about trading Lito for either Matt Jones or Reggie Williams.. The Eagles were in love with Jones before he was drafted a couple of years back. Being he is a bust now, I like his size and speed.. His hands need a little work. I remember watching his combine... It was sick...

TIFWIW

The latest news about The Eagles looking to get a WR is this.. Howard Esking of 610 WIP in Philly reported today that the Eagles are talking to the Jags about trading Lito for either Matt Jones or Reggie Williams.. The Eagles were in love with Jones before he was drafted a couple of years back. Being he is a bust now, I like his size and speed.. His hands need a little work. I remember watching his combine... It was sick...

TIFWIW

I forgot I heard about this earlier...

this would be tragic....

Guest Chappy

TIFWIW

:wacko: They can't be serious, can they?

TIFWIW

I wouldnt trade Charo for Matt Jones and Reggie Williams nevermind Lito

TIFWIW

Awesome! We'll trade for a crappy WR instead of drafting one!

TIFWIW

The Jaguars aquired Troy Williamson from the Vikings so it makes sense that they have an extra receiver or two! :wacko:

So do they try for Q now?

I would not have a problem with that at all...but I doubt it would happen :wacko:

edit: I will say that I am slightly shocked to not hear that Bryant Johnson has been in for a visit.

Edited by keggerz