[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pats/Cowboys have Pacman fever?

msaint

Rotoworld: When asked about teams that would trade for suspended CB Pacman Jones, Jones' agent named the Cowboys and the Patriots.

"Those teams have strong leadership and a track record of being able to give players a second chance," the agent said. "If Adam was to play for one of those teams, there is a good likelihood that he and his teammates would all have rings on their fingers." He still seems unlikely to be reinstated for 2008. Source: Nashville City Paper

Pats sure need secondary help, and they've brought in some reclamation projects before (Dillon, Moss), but none with the sociopathic jackass track record of Pacman. All I can say is, the Foxy Lady (notorious Providence strip club) better hire some more security...

So he can go to New England, where he'd have to get his chit together and all but eliminate any off-field issues, or go to Dallas where he can do whatever he wants.... Congratulations, Cowboys! :wacko:

Seems to me NE had an off-the-field issue or 2 this past year. Maybe they're trying to become the AFC version of DAL. :D

So he can go to New England, where he'd have to get his chit together and all but eliminate any off-field issues, or go to Dallas where he can do whatever he wants.... Congratulations, Cowboys! :D

Normally everything you bring to the table here I would label as pretty spot on. This I would say ranks as one of the most jackass posts I've ever read of yours. Congrats! :wacko:

Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

Normally everything you bring the table here I would label as pretty spot on. This I would say ranks as one of the most jackass posts I've ever read of yours. Congrats! :wacko:

:D Are you saying the Cowboys have traditionally run spotless? Sorry man, Michael Irvin and Nate Newton are indelibly marked in Cowboy lore. Yes, the Pats have had their share of recent issues, but Belichick (despite the whole cheating thing) usually runs a pretty tight ship. I don't see how saying the Cowboys having off-field issues in the past (and taking on of "problem children" like TO) has any twinge of jackass-ery.

Sorry, facts are facts.

Seems to me NE had an off-the-field issue or 2 this past year. Maybe they're trying to become the AFC version of DAL. :D

You mean Oakland? :wacko:

:wacko: Are you saying the Cowboys have traditionally run spotless? Sorry man, Michael Irvin and Nate Newton are indelibly marked in Cowboy lore. Yes, the Pats have had their share of recent issues, but Belichick (despite the whole cheating thing) usually runs a pretty tight ship. I don't see how saying the Cowboys having off-field issues in the past (and taking on of "problem children" like TO) has any twinge of jackass-ery.

Sorry, facts are facts.

Since Jimmy Johnson left, there have not been any shannanigans in Dallas. I would also argue that a coach habitually cheating and pushing the rules to the limits (i.e. Injury reports), shows less organizational integrity than one or two players snorting or smoking. Dallas has done well in tempering T.O. I see no reason why they couldn't do the same with Pack Man. That does not mean that I would want Dallas to pick up Pack Man. All I'm stating is right now Dallas and for that matter 30 other organizations have more organizational integrity than New England.

Since Jimmy Johnson left, there have not been any shannanigans in Dallas.

Except for Barry Switzer carrying a gun into an airport. :wacko:

Except for Barry Switzer carrying a gun into an airport. :wacko:

I forgot about that. Oh well at least it wasn't a water bottle with an extra compartment. Seriously what can say, Switzer was a monumental idiot. Thankfully Jerry realized it fairly quickly.

:wacko: Are you saying the Cowboys have traditionally run spotless? Sorry man, Michael Irvin and Nate Newton are indelibly marked in Cowboy lore. Yes, the Pats have had their share of recent issues, but Belichick (despite the whole cheating thing) usually runs a pretty tight ship. I don't see how saying the Cowboys having off-field issues in the past (and taking on of "problem children" like TO) has any twinge of jackass-ery.

Sorry, facts are facts.

What facts? That Michael Irvin got busted over ten years ago? That Nate Newton got busted after he retired from football ?

That T.O, while obviously a head case, never had any scrapes with the law? Or the fact that he's done quite well as a wr since coming to Dallas?

By the way, I hope Dallas stays as far away from Pacman Jones as physically possible. But to say Pacman can go to Dallas and do whatever he wants..congrats Cowboys.. had a twinge of jackassery to me. :D

What facts? That Michael Irvin got busted over ten years ago? That Nate Newton got busted after he retired from football ?

That T.O, while obviously a head case, never had any scrapes with the law? Or the fact that he's done quite well as a wr since coming to Dallas?

By the way, I hope Dallas stays as far away from Pacman Jones as physically possible. But to say Pacman can go to Dallas and do whatever he wants..congrats Cowboys.. had a twinge of jackassery to me. :D

I think you misinterpreted what I meant. I'm not saying the 'Boys are a bunch of thugs. I simply meant they had a history of some "problems" and that they did, in fact, take on a problem child in TO. So what if the Newton/Irvin things happened ten years ago? Stop putting your head in the sand. :wacko:

I'm simply saying there is a slightly higher chance Jones would get in more trouble in Dallas (or there would be more distractions, maybe) than he would in New England.... and here's the rub (which I may have not fully expressed): I don't think he'd get away with much in Dallas... but it'd still be far more than what he'd do up in Boston.

Make sense now?

Edited by darin3

I think you misinterpreted what I meant. I'm not saying the 'Boys are a bunch of thugs. I simply meant they had a history of some "problems" and that they did, in fact, take on a problem child in TO. So what if the Newton/Irvin things happened ten years ago? Stop putting your head in the sand. :wacko:

I'm simply saying there is a slightly higher chance Jones would get in more trouble in Dallas (or there would be more distractions, maybe) than he would in New England.... and here's the rub (which I may have not fully expressed): I don't think he'd get away with much in Dallas... but it'd still be far more than what he'd do up in Boston.

Make sense now?

Not really. :D

I just think the whole "send the lawbreakers to Dallas" thing is out of control.

T.O. was a problem child in Philly but SO FAR has worked out OK for Dallas. And he was'nt in trouble with the law. Totally different situation with Jones. And let's not kid ourselves, if Dallas had'nt signed Owens , someone else would have.

I also think we have to remember that just b/c Jones' agent said that Dallas is interested, does'nt make it fact.

Not really. :D

I just think the whole "send the lawbreakers to Dallas" thing is out of control.

T.O. was a problem child in Philly but SO FAR has worked out OK for Dallas. And he was'nt in trouble with the law. Totally different situation with Jones. And let's not kid ourselves, if Dallas had'nt signed Owens , someone else would have.

I also think we have to remember that just b/c Jones' agent said that Dallas is interested, does'nt make it fact.

Notice how I completely differentiated between TO and the Newton/Irvin type.

And hey, it's not my fault the media jumps on the likes of Tank Johnson and his problems coming to Dallas. :wacko: