[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Russell Out Of Shape?

Guest Chappy

Guest Chappy

Russell Out Of Shape?

Rumors are surfacing that Raiders QB JaMarcus Russell is up to 300 pounds since the end of last seasn.

Russell has been battling with his weight for most of his playing career and reportedly showed up to the 2007 training camp overweight. He is a borderline QB2 for now, but this news doesn't help his cause.

| March 10, 2008 7:45 AM

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...e.agency/1.html

I'm not going to come to a final decision just yet, but he's panning out to be one of the top "worst busts" of the draft in recent years.

And please nobody yell at me for taking a guess after his first year, just he really isn't showing any effort at all.

:wacko:

Brett Favre threw 4 passes his first year and one was returned for a touch down(by the opposition). Are you saying Russell was even a bigger bust than Brett???

Brett Favre threw 4 passes his first year and one was returned for a touch down(by the opposition). Are you saying Russell was even a bigger bust than Brett???

Did Favre go 1.1 in his draft?

Guest Chappy

He did ask nicely and you still zapped him.

I'm not going to come to a final decision just yet, but he's panning out to be one of the top "worst busts" of the draft in recent years.

And please nobody yell at me for taking a guess after his first year, just he really isn't showing any effort at all.

Lamest post ever, take your weak, ill informed bait elsewhere. We have enough real problems to worry about in Raider Nation.

Lamest post ever, take your weak, ill informed bait elsewhere. We have enough real problems to worry about in Raider Nation.

You don't think the QB situation is a real problem?

I didn't realize "recent years" went back 17 years. Must be the new math.

Anyway all this is just racist talk so knock it off. Russell - he good!

Too early to say Russel is going to end up as, however, I think Leaf was a bit closer than 17 yrs ago.

Rumors are surfacing that Raiders QB JaMarcus Russell is up to 300 pounds since the end of last seasn. Russell has been battling with his weight for most of his playing career and reportedly showed up to the 2007 training camp overweight. He is a borderline QB2 for now, but this news doesn't help his cause.

I think he got horrible, manipulative advice on pulling a hold-out as a rook and throwing away his first year ... Now, if he follows that by allowing a lack of personal discipline to cost him the chance to emerge in year two? Dang. Here's hoping he has Jenny Craig's number ...

Did Favre go 1.1 in his draft?

In Packer fans fantasy drafts he did.

Seminoles didn't say anything about the top pick. He said worst busts and no effort. From what i heard last year he played well in practice, but they wanted to hold him out.

It's march, they'll get him into a weight, workout program. It's too early to say he's shown no effort.

It's too early.

It's march, they'll get him into a weight, workout program. It's too early to say he's shown no effort.

It's too early.

IF it's true, then it's not too early. It shows a lack of committment to wanting to be a top QB, not to mention the health risks of having his weight yo-yo during the year. He's also way too young to be carrying that kind of weight for the position he plays.

That said, I'd like to see some kind of documentation of his ballooning up to 300 lbs.

IF it's true, then it's not too early. It shows a lack of committment to wanting to be a top QB, not to mention the health risks of having his weight yo-yo during the year. He's also way too young to be carrying that kind of weight for the position he plays.

That said, I'd like to see some kind of documentation of his ballooning up to 300 lbs.

Not true, apparently.

Russell, who coach Lane Kiffin has named the Raiders' starter, had weight issues in college. InsideBayArea.com's Jerry McDonald writes in his blog that no players have actually seen Russell this offseason, so the rumors are hard to confirm. Russell has shown the ability to drop weight quickly.

Russell, who coach Lane Kiffin has named the Raiders' starter, had weight issues in college. InsideBayArea.com's Jerry McDonald writes in his blog that no players have actually seen Russell this offseason, so the rumors are hard to confirm. Russell has shown the ability to drop weight quickly.

Hush now, let's not dismiss any Raider jokes using common sense this early in the off season!!

Too early to say Russel is going to end up as, however, I think Leaf was a bit closer than 17 yrs ago.

:wacko: If that translates to it's too early to call him another Leaf, I agree.

But I bet Davis is cursing and whipping out told-you-so's like Al Sharpton whips out the race card. :D If he lives to be 150, he'll never draft a QB in the first again.

Edited by BeeR