[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seahawks cut Alexander

godtomsatan

Guest Chappy
per KJR AM in Seattle.

Yeah I heard on the radio today that it could be as early as today and that it would be considered under the rules a June 1st cut.

As frustrating as Shaun was to watch and root for the last two seasons all his other seasons up to those were fantastic. I appreciated all he did for the Hawks. He will be a HOF when the time comes and he was a big reason we got to the Super Bowl. For his MVP year and the years leading up to it...I think he got paid what he deserved...and I am fine with that. I hope he can find another place to play...

As frustrating as Shaun was to watch and root for the last two seasons all his other seasons up to those were fantastic. I appreciated all he did for the Hawks. He will be a HOF when the time comes and he was a big reason we got to the Super Bowl. For his MVP year and the years leading up to it...I think he got paid what he deserved...and I am fine with that. I hope he can find another place to play...

I think the Texans will be calling

:wacko:

Yeah, I agree that at his prime, he was one of the best players in the game, but I have a feeling that the left side of his offensive line is going to have greater consideration for Canton than Shaun when all is said and done.

Perfect fit for the Panthers at a reduced price. Hopefully he gets a call.

I'm definately bummed about the way it turned out though. He's one of the top 3 offensive players the Hawks have ever had and he was great for the franchise. I never would have bet he turned south as fast as he did.

He's one of the top 3 offensive players the Hawks have ever had

And we all know how impressive a thing that is. :wacko:

:D

Any team who signs him will get what they deserve ie a washed up RB capable of very little. He had some great years, but he should've saved himself the embarrassment and retired at the end of the season.

I'm definately bummed about the way it turned out though. He's one of the top 3 offensive players the Hawks have ever had and he was great for the franchise. I never would have bet he turned south as fast as he did.

and just imagine...it could of been ron dayne.

Alexander's agent plans talks with Hawks

Shaun Alexander | Seahawks | Interested: Bengals?

On Monday Alexander's agent, Jim Steiner, told The Associated Press he would be talking with the Seahawks.

"We're going to have some discussions with the Seahawks in the next few days," Steiner said in a telephone interview with the AP as printed in the Seattle Times. "It will be about the running back situation there."

With deals to acquire T.J. Duckett and Julius Jones in the backfield, the Seahawks will have to do something with Alexander, John Clayton reports.

Cutting or trading him doesn?t have much of an impact on the cap. They would lose $150,000 of cap room by trading him. If they put the June 1 cut on him, they would save $4.475 million of cap room.

One interesting option for Alexander could be the Cincinnati Bengals. Alexander grew up in Florence, Ky., and is popular around Cincinnati. For years, there were plenty of rumors that the Bengals might try to acquire him in a trade.

allthought that is more speculation than news

What kind of cap hit do they take for cutting him?

I believe it's something like $2.6 million or something like that for the next two years, but I could be confused as to whether the June 1st thing is the two-year spread or the one-year hit.

I believe it's something like $2.6 million or something like that for the next two years, but I could be confused as to whether the June 1st thing is the two-year spread or the one-year hit.

Before June 1, so it all applies to this year.

Guest Chappy
As of 4PM here he was still in a meeting with team officials. According to the KJR radio site.

So it's possible that he hasn't yet been released but then even so it's just a matter of time.

Guest Chappy
Well, it's actually just been a matter of time since the end of the season. LOL

Absolutely, just curious as to how it was reported so quickly and yet there's been no confirmation. I guess somebody just wanted to get the credit for being the first to report it.