[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DeAngelo Hall to the Raiders

Robash

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the Falcons move a talented, albeit me first malcontent to get the Raiders 2nd round pick this year, their 5th round pick next year & free up $4.22 million in cap money.

SWEET!!!!! :D

On the flip side, I'd say the Raiders now have themselves one of the NFL's best & deepest set of young CB's around.

Hall, Asomugha, Routt & Washington...WOW!!! :wacko:

Al showed he's still got it with the contract for Hall that he personally brokered. I guess the reports of his senility have been severely exaggerated. The old man is crazy like a fox.

The deal, NFL sources confirmed, was brokered almost exclusively by Raiders owner Al Davis

Final contract figures were not immediately known, but the deal is believed to pay Hall $30 million over the first three seasons and as much as $11 million in 2008 - $10 million in the form of a guaranteed but prorated signing bonus and $1 million in base salary. That would make his cap charge for '08 less than $2 million.

Under his new contract, Hall, sources said, could be paid as much as $15 million in 2009 in the form of an option bonus - one that could eventually be converted to a prorated signing bonus for salary cap purposes.

So the Falcons move a talented, albeit me first malcontent to get the Raiders 2nd round pick this year, their 5th round pick next year & free up $4.22 million in cap money.

SWEET!!!!! :D

On the flip side, I'd say the Raiders now have themselves one of the NFL's best & deepest set of young CB's around.

Hall, Asomugha, Routt & Washington...WOW!!! :wacko:

Al showed he's still got it with the contract for Hall that he personally brokered. I guess the reports of his senility have been severely exaggerated. The old man is crazy like a fox.

U left out their dangerous safety Tandem to go with it. Wilson and Huff. If they get a pass-rusher Its going to be a long day for QB's

I think you guys are giving Huff way too much credit.

Well he will earn his keep this year at Free Safety. I just say throw the ball in his area now. And lets see who wins. This is his 3rd years so he should be adjusted to the NFL. Plus he has either a year or two under his belt with the same DC which bodes well for him.

Whether or not Huff is elite, he's still more than serviceable. Overall the Raiders have one heckuva defensive backfield....my opinion for whatever it's worth.

My thinking is that loyalboyd is right. The Raiders get / develop a good pass rusher...look out.

Huff hasn't been able to do what he's good at first first two seasons - and that's roam the field.

Because he didn't have help at the safety position, and Fabian Washington was inconsistent, he was forced to stick on a TE or stay in a deep zone.

Now that he has a TON of security in that backfield with him, Rob Ryan will let him roam and instinctively make plays like he did at TX.