[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gates Toe Injury

McBoog

Two months after the season, Gates is nowhere near recovered. His big toe is still not near 100 percent. The Pro Bowler had surgery Feb. 27 and could need a whopping six months to recover.

This puts him at August, more or less. Then getting in shape and in rythm with the rest of the O. He will surely miss all the camp work and any new "wrinkles" to be added.

Look for Scott Chandler to step in and step up early in the season. Big, fast kid with sticky hands. He is not Gates, but with a year under his belt and Chambers, VJax, Buster Davis and the return of Eric Parker, there will be plenty for opposing defenses to worry about and he could have a decent role, at least over the first 1/3 of the season. Throw LT and Sproles into the mix coming out of the BF and he will clearly be the forgotten man. This kid made some SICK catches in camp last year, but was clearly raw. Very likely another AJ Smith project that will pay big dividends.

The Pro Bowler had surgery Feb. 27 and could need a whopping six months to recover. [/url]

Why in the hell did it take that long to get the surgery... Same for KW2... I understand they want to play in the pro bowl, but they need to focus on being 100 percent to start the upcoming season.

Why in the hell did it take that long to get the surgery...

Gates was trying to heal without any surgery at all. It wasn't until late February that surgery became inevitable.

:D I could have swore the CBS crew said Gates would need surgery while watching the Chargers/Pats game... :wacko:

My comment was based on an article I read in the SD Union-Tribune around the time of his surgery. I made a mental note of it because I also thought it strange that he waited so long to have it done.