[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hackett signs with the Panthers

PSULions

Have you not been watching? Hackett is clearly better than Moose. Not even close.

Cheap price, but Hackett hasn't been all that. He played in 36 of the Seahawks 72 games during his 4-year stint with the club, including 22 of the last 36. He's been productive at times, but not altogether healthy.

When he is healthy, and one of several options on a prolific West Coast passing offense, with a pro bowl QB he has been running reps with for 4 years, he can make plays.

Bingo!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice complimentary player, but not a #2. As can be seen by every team in the NFL passing on his demands of more than $3 mil per. And in order to catch the ball, one has to have someone throw the ball. So don't send Hackett to Honolulu just yet.

No one is saying he's a pro bowler, but he's an upgrade over Carter, Colbert and Moosh. He played great when healthy, and that is the only thing that stands in his way of being a very good #2...

Bingo!

You're siding with homers who are known to throw there homer slant.

No offense to GTS or Bush, but your homer colors are shining through.

Hackett should be the #2 WR starting opposite Steve Smith this fall, giving us another weapon on offense. thmbup.gif

Seattle dropped the ball imo

Dropped the ball is an understatement. I am not going to equate this to Hutch. But I will say. With Branch being out for a while. Its going to be interesting to see how they rebound from this.

Hackett is a great #2

What you call homer colors seems to me to be just plain ol' knowledge of the product. I see some extremely kind mid-March hyperbole being tossed around regarding Hackett. I don't think there's anything wrong with throwing a bit of September-to-January realism into the conversation.

No one is saying he's a pro bowler, but he's an upgrade over Carter, Colbert and Moosh. He played great when healthy, and that is the only thing that stands in his way of being a very good #2...You're siding with homers who are known to throw there homer slant.

You are minimizing his ability to stay healthy, IMO. The fact is he has missed about 50% of his games due to injury. That right there is reason enough to not get expectations up too much.

As for the homers, they are all fully aware of his injuries in the past and thats exactly what they are talking about.

bargain price for a player thats only 26 and has a lot of upside. Very good signing for the panthers. Seattle dropped the ball imo

Don't know about that last sentence, but I agree with the rest. That's a great price for ANY young WR with significant upside.

I think congratulations to the Cats are in order. You're gonna like this kid. When healthy, Hackett is a #1 WR talent. Not on the level of Smith, but could be a #1 on more than a handful of teams. He is very well rounded for being as raw as he is. Good hands, good size, good speed, runs well after the catch, blocks well enough. His very best quality is his ability to make plays on the ball down the field. He flat goes up and gets it. The health is the only thing holding him back. He has been on the cusp of breaking out 2-3 times now, only to get hurt. The one last year was just a freak injury. He got clipped at a really weird angle by a guy rolling into him. At least that injury wasn't just caused by being brittle. I don't know if he will necessarily have huge numbers there, but he will be a very good compliment to Smith. Whoever was comparing Moose to Hackett at this point needs to get up with the times. Moose however is a pretty good insurance plan if Hackett gets hurt as usually does. Kudos to the Pats, but man, that was my guy! I don't want to sound too idiotic, but he always reminded me of T.O. Just the way he moves and looks in his uniform. Okay, sorry. Are you telling me that after Bobby retires this year we are going to be left with Deion freakin' Branch?? Ouch.

Cheap price, but Hackett hasn't been all that. He played in 36 of the Seahawks 72 games during his 4-year stint with the club, including 22 of the last 36. He's been productive at times, but not altogether healthy. Really started to shine when Seneca Wallace played for Hasselbeck in 2006. Nice complimentary player, but not a #2. As can be seen by every team in the NFL passing on his demands of more than $3 mil per. And in order to catch the ball, one has to have someone throw the ball. So don't send Hackett to Honolulu just yet.

Ben Obomanu and Courtney Taylor are at WR for the Seahawks, in addition to Bobby Engram and Nate Burleson, and whatever the situation is with Deion Branch. Perhaps another addition will come later, but I don't really see this as a position of weakness for the club. In 2007, Engram was the first Seattle WR to go over 1000 since 2004, Hasselbeck's health has more to do with the WR situation than the personnel.

...dont forget this guy...Logan Payne. He was a practice player, but I think this guy will surprise people this year. Another option is Joe Newton TE another developmental player on the practice squad.

I must say that I've generally liked what I've seen of Hackett when he plays. But if Seattle wasn't willing to pay him what Carolina did, that says a lot IMO. And he didn't get any significant offers from other clubs. :wacko:

I was high on this kid going into our dynasty fantasy draft last year so I'm surprised its come to this.

I must say that I've generally liked what I've seen of Hackett when he plays. But if Seattle wasn't willing to pay him what Carolina did, that says a lot IMO. And he didn't get any significant offers from other clubs. :wacko:

Hackett played in 8 games last year (including two playoff games). His performance translates into a full-season of 80 catches, 1000 yards, and 8 TDs. That's pretty solid numbers, better than I thought he had.

Call me a homer if you wish, but I think rebog covers the bottom line here. If the Seahawks were enamored with Hackett they would have tendered him something. That says a lot more about his health/abilities than anything else. Especially considering the health/age/ability questions at WR they appear to have.

Don't know about that last sentence, but I agree with the rest. That's a great price for ANY young WR with significant upside.

I just have a hard time making sense of why Seattle couldnt pony up a little cash for a player that was the best wr on the field for them when healthy. Yeah, they have Engram and Burleson. Ben Obamanu has looked ok at times, but hes had some drops and is still very inexpirienced. Branch is an IR possibility heading into 08. It was obvious at least to me that Hasselbeck had a lot of confidance in Hackett. Seems like they dropped the ball to me

I just have a hard time making sense of why Seattle couldnt pony up a little cash for a player that was the best wr on the field for them when healthy. Yeah, they have Engram and Burleson. Ben Obamanu has looked ok at times, but hes had some drops and is still very inexpirienced. Branch is an IR possibility heading into 08. It was obvious at least to me that Hasselbeck had a lot of confidance in Hackett. Seems like they dropped the ball to me

Yeah, I don't see why SEA wouldn't match (or exceeded) the money that CAR gave him... 2/3.5 is peanuts, even for an injury-prone guy. I wonder if there's bad blood between Hackett and Ruskell. :wacko:

Yeah, I don't see why SEA wouldn't match (or exceeded) the money that CAR gave him... 2/3.5 is peanuts, even for an injury-prone guy. I wonder if there's bad blood between Hackett and Ruskell. :wacko:

Haven't heard a peep about bad blood between Hackett and the Seahawks FO. But again, Ruskell was one of many GMs over period of several weeks that decided Hackett wasn't worth 2 years for 3.5 million.

Haven't heard a peep about bad blood between Hackett and the Seahawks FO. But again, Ruskell was one of many GMs over period of several weeks that decided Hackett wasn't worth 2 years for 3.5 million.

I haven't heard anything either. But I'm still surprised that so many teamspassed on a guy who's as talented as Hackett - even if he IS an injury risk. I can't imagine that more than $2 million of that deal is guaranteed.

I'm beginning to wonder if Hackett has some sort of degenerative condition that's being kept under wraps.

+1 Especially considering this is the same team that gave Nate Burleson a 7 year, $49 million ($5.25 guaranteed) contract.

+1 Especially considering this is the same team that gave Nate Burleson a 7 year, $49 million ($5.25 guaranteed) contract.

Nate did almost double Hackett's receptions and yardage last year; not to mention Nate's 9 receiving TDs last year equal Hackett's career total.

Apparently Hackett has reached the Matt Jones level of hype.