[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Here is a head-scratcher!?!?!?!

Flypaste

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -Dan Klecko signed a 2-year contract Monday with the Philadelphia Eagles, who plan to convert him from defensive tackle to fullback.

The 275-pound Klecko has played defensive tackle and special teams and served as a short-yardage fullback for the New England Patriots and Indianapolis Colts. The Eagles will use Klecko as a full-time fullback.

``Everything I've ever done at fullback has been very raw,'' Klecko said. ``This is going to be a whole learning experience.''

The Eagles did not re-sign last year's starting fullback, Thomas Tapeh. Also under contract is Jason Davis, who spent last year on the practice squad.

Klecko said he will need to lose about 20 pounds to play fullback.

``I have to come to camp thinking I don't have a job,'' he said. ``I have to work for it.''

In 47 games, Klecko has 39 tackles and three sacks and has caught four passes for 20 yards and a touchdown. He also had a touchdown catch in the Colts' 2007 AFC championship game win over the Patriots.

A native of nearby Marlboro, N.J., Klecko played at Temple and was a fourth-round pick by the Patriots in the 2003 draft.