[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mike Mayocks top 10 draft picks(video)

Randall

so mayock has baltimore taking McKelvin at #8, the "top corner on my board comes off the board"

then the saints taking at #10 Rodgers-Cromartie, "the most talented DB in the draft"

im confused, so who is the better corner according to this guy?

Edited by Robash

so mayock has baltimore taking McKelvin at #8, the "top corner on my board comes off the board"

then the saints taking at #10 Rodgers-Cromartie, "the most talented DB in the draft"

Maybe he feels that McKelvin is the Top corner (specific to just CBs) and that Rodgers-Cromartie is the Top defensive back overall including safeties?

He has said Cromartie is more of a project that may be better in time, McKelvin is better right now. He has wavered a few times on their rankings and may again.

Cromartie at Senior Bowl

the thing about Mayock that puts him way above Kiper is the fact that he has almost pretty much up-to-date info on who is moving up and down draft boards...opposed to most of the other "experts" who get their hands on information from 2-3 weeks ago...

when Kiper gets closer and closer to draft day, his list ends up looking like what Mayock's did a month prior...

the thing about Mayock that puts him way above Kiper is the fact that he has almost pretty much up-to-date info on who is moving up and down draft boards...opposed to most of the other "experts" who get their hands on information from 2-3 weeks ago...

when Kiper gets closer and closer to draft day, his list ends up looking like what Mayock's did a month prior...

So, because Mayock works for the NFL he gets more up-to-date info? I'm just asking. It seems to me that even working for the NFL wouldn't get you better access necessarily. It has always appeared to be about relationships and reciprocation to me.

So, because Mayock works for the NFL he gets more up-to-date info? I'm just asking. It seems to me that even working for the NFL wouldn't get you better access necessarily. It has always appeared to be about relationships and reciprocation to me.

no, has nothing to do with working the NFL, he either knows a scout that's willing to break him off with some info, or he knows how to scout himself....I don't know why, I just know that by what I've seen from him...he's as money as it gets without working for a couple of teams...

no, has nothing to do with working the NFL, he either knows a scout that's willing to break him off with some info, or he knows how to scout himself....I don't know why, I just know that by what I've seen from him...he's as money as it gets without working for a couple of teams...

I've been reading his stuff, and he makes great points. It's funny too, because I'm only discovering him this year. Not sure why.

Thanks.

I've been reading his stuff, and he makes great points. It's funny too, because I'm only discovering him this year. Not sure why.

Thanks.

no problem, I remember a few years ago...he called Donte Whitner to the Bills before anyone even put him in their top 10 and he nailed Ernie Sims to the Lions I think....along with a few others...

and a few years ago, he was the 1st to even utter the words Brandon Marshall/"Baby T.O." just to name a few things...

Edited by Avernus

He gets a lot of coaches tapes and studies them. He puts a lot of work into what he does.

They do a show from the Senior Bowl practices and the Senior Bowl too, plus the combine.

Edited by Randall

I know this is way out in left field. But what if the Saints took McFadden at 10 if he is their like he states he will be still on the board. That would be one heck of a backfield. More so how do u defend that honestly. I do also realize that it will be the most expensive backfield in league history as well. Just something to ponder since we have so much time till the real draft.

I know this is way out in left field. But what if the Saints took McFadden at 10 if he is their like he states he will be still on the board. That would be one heck of a backfield. More so how do u defend that honestly. I do also realize that it will be the most expensive backfield in league history as well. Just something to ponder since we have so much time till the real draft.

I see McFadden going elsewhere and if he's still there at 10, he could very well drop a few more picks..(granted, I have no idea what the draft order is after 10 other than the Eagles are 19...

Mayock is my leader as far as the NFL draft goes. A lot of people laughed when he was open about his man love for Cutler. He even said Cutler was the best quarterback in the draft... So far, I would say he looks to be dead on with that one.

As far as Matt Ryan goes, Colin Cowherd made an interesting point about Ryan being the best quarterback going into the draft since Carson Palmer... He ran down all the former first round picks and all of them all the way back to Palmer had some question mark... Leinart's was he was never touched and had elite playmakers around him. VY didn't have to rely on his arm, and Cutler never won any big games. Alex Smith had a noddle arm, Rodgers' body size wasn't great and came from Tedfords offense... He went through almost every 1st rounder, and it made a ton of sense. He's a very polished player and could hit the ground running. People will point to his turnovers, but you also need to look at the talent around him at the other playmaker positions... How many BC Wr's or RB's are we hearing about?

I see McFadden going elsewhere and if he's still there at 10, he could very well drop a few more picks..(granted, I have no idea what the draft order is after 10 other than the Eagles are 19...

If McFadden is still there at 7 when the Pats are on the clock, I think they deal the pick to the Cowboys for the 2 picks the Boys have.

Mayock is my leader as far as the NFL draft goes. A lot of people laughed when he was open about his man love for Cutler. He even said Cutler was the best quarterback in the draft... So far, I would say he looks to be dead on with that one.

As far as Matt Ryan goes, Colin Cowherd made an interesting point about Ryan being the best quarterback going into the draft since Carson Palmer... He ran down all the former first round picks and all of them all the way back to Palmer had some question mark... Leinart's was he was never touched and had elite playmakers around him. VY didn't have to rely on his arm, and Cutler never won any big games. Alex Smith had a noddle arm, Rodgers' body size wasn't great and came from Tedfords offense... He went through almost every 1st rounder, and it made a ton of sense. He's a very polished player and could hit the ground running. People will point to his turnovers, but you also need to look at the talent around him at the other playmaker positions... How many BC Wr's or RB's are we hearing about?

Colin Cowherd makes interesting points? When I've listened he just seems to whine about everything. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard for me.

BC RB's. You mean like Williams Green? Hasselbeck turned out well but then he was a 6th round pick.

Ryan #1? Maybe. I like either Long better. Parcells always says linemen are better icks because they last longer but he did pick Bledsoe.