[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Benson's Career In Question...

Guest Chappy

Why do you ride TJ's dick so much? 940 yards, 7 TDs and they're "set" in the backfield?

Yeah, when facing eight in the box on every down. :wacko: I'd like to see how LT would've fared on that offense, with Kordell/Chad Hutchinson/Craig Krenzel/Jonathan Quinn under center, Bobby Wade and David Terrell as their best wideout options, and a mediore line.

They needed a play maker on a woeful O, swung for the fences and missed... but there wasn't a QB or WR worth taking there at the time IIRC.

In that case, you TRADE DOWN. The Bears didn't need a halfback in early 2005. Not that Jones was a bad-ass or anything, but the fact that he lead the freaking team in rushing AND receptions in '04 shows that they needed a play-maker at one of the other skill-positions.

In that case, you TRADE DOWN. The Bears didn't need a halfback in early 2005. Not that Jones was a bad-ass or anything, but the fact that he lead the freaking team in rushing AND receptions in '04 shows that they needed a play-maker at one of the other skill-positions.

That's exactly why so many of us were so pissed about the decision to draft Benson - that position was pretty much the only one on O, along with a couple OL spots, we didn't really need. Everything else was rubbish.

That's exactly why so many of us were so pissed about the decision to draft Benson - that position was pretty much the only one on O, along with a couple OL spots, we didn't really need. Everything else was rubbish.

I disagree, and the last time the Bears traded down they passed on Champ Bailey to take Cade McNown. Or they traded down and took Michael haynes over guys like Calvin Pace and Larry Johnson. That trade down record speaks for itself.

I didn't have a problem drafting Benson until he started to cry, which was about 15 seconds.

I disagree, and the last time the Bears traded down they passed on Champ Bailey to take Cade McNown. Or they traded down and took Michael haynes over guys like Calvin Pace and Larry Johnson. That trade down record speaks for itself.

I didn't have a problem drafting Benson until he started to cry, which was about 15 seconds.

Trading down isn't the issue - their failures in that area are simply the same as their drafting failures when they DON'T trade down. Basically, they are not very good at drafting in the first round.

Trading down, especially in the top 5 picks, is extremely difficult in today's NFL. Mainly because of the contracts demanded by players selected that high.

When you miss on a player that you are that financially committed to, it cripples you for years.

Those draft picks HAVE to count.

Rumors are starting to come out that are saying the ankle injury that Bears RB Cedric Benson suffered last year could be serious enough to threaten his career.

Kind of reminds of that joke about the wife who asks her husband "Does this dress makes me look fat?" and he replies "No, your ass does."

The ankle injury did not threaten Benson's career, his horrific performance well before the injury did.

The Bears are sort of following the Dolphins' pattern of the last few years. Great D... never really get a consistent O figured out... finally the D just gets old... and they end up rebuilding. I have a feeling this gets worse before it gets better in Chicago. I'm not rooting for that to happen, but it seems to be headed that way IMO.

The Bears are sort of following the Dolphins' pattern of the last few years. Great D... never really get a consistent O figured out... finally the D just gets old... and they end up rebuilding. I have a feeling this gets worse before it gets better in Chicago. I'm not rooting for that to happen, but it seems to be headed that way IMO.

Is it wrong of me to actively root for this? :wacko: