[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another Steeler in trouble

Menudo

This makes me sick to my stomach. This was done in a public place, and Cedrick Wilson (scumbag) should be released IMMEDIATELY. Two instances like this in the last week is not what I wanted to see during the off-season.

:wacko:

Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Cedrick Wilson was arrested last night for hitting his former girlfriend who was involved in a lengthy armed standoff at his home in January, police said.

At around 8 last night, Mr. Wilson approached 26-year-old Lindsey Paulat, of Fawn, at Patron's Restaurant near Route 910 and Perry Highway in Pine, police said. He then pushed Ms. Paulet, the mother of his 16-month-old daughter, and punched her in the face when she turned around, according to a criminal complaint charging Mr. Wilson.

Mr. Wilson then left the restaurant and drove away, said police, who located him later at his home on Blue Herron Drive in Pine.

Northern Regional Police brought Mr. Wilson, 29, to the Allegheny County Jail at around 11 p.m. He was to be arraigned on charges of simple assault, harassment and disorderly conduct.

Ms. Paulet's left cheek was red and swollen when she spoke with police last night, according to the criminal complaint.

Ms. Paulet was involved in a 12-hour standoff at Mr. Wilson's home on Jan. 19.

She was charged with aggravated assault and reckless endangerment for shooting a handgun during the standoff with police. Her charges were later amended to a single felony weapons count for firing the gun twice inside the home during the standoff.

The incident occurred after an argument between the two and led to the evacuation of the neighborhood on Blue Herron Drive.

Ms. Paulet spent a week at Mercy Behavioral Clinic following the incident. She later said Mr. Wilson provoked her to kill herself in phone conversations that day, leading to the prolonged standoff.

Mr. Wilson filed for a protection-from-abuse order against Ms. Paulet on Jan. 28, saying she was "out of control" and might kill him if she had access to a gun.

Less than a week later, he agreed to drop the PFA request provided she didn't file one against him.

Wade Malcolm can be reached at wmalcolm@post-gazette.com or 412-263-1878.

First published on March 20, 2008 at 12:36 am

This should not make the Steelers let him go. This is something the Police and a therapist need to handle. If I fired everyone over something similar to a domestic dispute we would not have a work force. People fight all the time. Not to this extreme. But it is what it is. Again the Police and a therapist should work with this couple. I hope they leave each other alone but in the end it usually never works that way. They going to need one heck of a therapist though.

This should not make the Steelers let him go. This is something the Police and a therapist need to handle. If I fired everyone over something similar to a domestic dispute we would not have a work force. People fight all the time. Not to this extreme. But it is what it is. Again the Police and a therapist should work with this couple. I hope they leave each other alone but in the end it usually never works that way. They going to need one heck of a therapist though.

He PUNCHED a FEMALE. Since it was in a public place, I don't really question whether he is guilty or not, as there were witnesses. I want this SCUMBAG off of my favorite team.

I wonder if he would have been released that quickly if he was a player that mattered. :wacko:

Well, he is there #3 / #4 Wide Receiver, so, it isn't like is just a special teams player. I'm just glad they did the right thing.

Well, he is there #3 / #4 Wide Receiver, so, it isn't like is just a special teams player. I'm just glad they did the right thing.

Yeah, they're really gonna miss those 18 Rec's for 207 yards and 1 TD.

I doubt they would have cut Hines that quickly if he hit Roethlisberger in the face.

Yeah, they're really gonna miss those 18 Rec's for 207 yards and 1 TD.

I doubt they would have cut Hines that quickly if he hit Roethlisberger in the face.

Yes, he is a #3 or #4 receiver, which is what I said.

The Steelers did the right thing, talking about whether they would have done it if it was a more important player is silly, because we will never know that answer.

Edited by Menudo

Yes, he is a #3 or #4 receiver, which is what I said.

The Steelers did the right thing, talking about whether they would have done it if it was a more important player is silly, because we will never know that answer.

Well, technically it's not silly, because I'm wondering if they did the right thing because it was easy, or if they just did the right thing because of their high moral and ethical standards. That was my point. But, whatever, not worth arguing over, like you mention, it's just a hypothetical question.

Well, technically it's not silly, because I'm wondering if they did the right thing because it was easy, or if they just did the right thing because of their high moral and ethical standards. That was my point. But, whatever, not worth arguing over, like you mention, it's just a hypothetical question.

Fair enough

So, if punching females is wrong, loyalboyd don't wanna be right?

I in no way said it was right or wrong. But then again if u want to take it that way then do that. But people do dumb stuff out of anger everyday. That is a lot worst. Thats why we have Police and Therapist. Will this be the last fight in America no. But if you get mad over this. People should be ready to hang dope dealers that are killing our youth. We have much bigger issues to deal with these days. People fight all the time. Yes it was a punch in the face. Yes that is bad. But in the end to lose your job over it is crazy. We are talking about people lively hood. I wish nothing like that on anyone. At the end of the day really think about it. When u get angry people say mean stuff, do dumb things, its because we are human. There is no perfect person walking this earth today. In other words cast the first stone if you are without sin. But I am not going to sit here and jump into a situation when I know their is no perfect person. A sin is a sin. No matter which way we look at it.

I in no way said it was right or wrong. But then again if u want to take it that way then do that. But people do dumb stuff out of anger everyday. That is a lot worst. Thats why we have Police and Therapist. Will this be the last fight in America no. But if you get mad over this. People should be ready to hang dope dealers that are killing our youth. We have much bigger issues to deal with these days. People fight all the time. Yes it was a punch in the face. Yes that is bad. But in the end to lose your job over it is crazy. We are talking about people lively hood. I wish nothing like that on anyone. At the end of the day really think about it. When u get angry people say mean stuff, do dumb things, its because we are human. There is no perfect person walking this earth today. In other words cast the first stone if you are without sin. But I am not going to sit here and jump into a situation when I know their is no perfect person. A sin is a sin. No matter which way we look at it.

I'm far from perfect. I sometimes get angry and do stupid things. In my lifetime I NEVER have and NEVER will punch a female.....NEVER, EVER, EVER. Any guy that does is a scumbag, in my opinion, and I'm extremely happy that the Steelers released him.

Are there worse things people can do, of course, but, I would want him fired for those things as well.

I'm far from perfect. I sometimes get angry and do stupid things. In my lifetime I NEVER have and NEVER will punch a female.....NEVER, EVER, EVER. Any guy that does is a scumbag, in my opinion, and I'm extremely happy that the Steelers released him.

Are there worse things people can do, of course, but, I would want him fired for those things as well.

Call me a scumbag, but I would punch her right in the face. :wacko: