[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Huddle Two Round Mock Draft

bigbadwolf

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills select Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB Tennessee St.

After impressive performances at the Senior Bowl and Combine, DRC helped raise his draft stock and has a great upside. His raw athleticism, speed, smooth movement and instincts should immediately help Buffalo shore up their 29th ranked passing defense. Buffalo could also make a case for a receiver here, but I just don't see any worthy of this high a pick. After addressing some key holes in the defense in free agency (LB, DT) and with many players returning from injuries they suffered last year, Rodgers-Cromartie could be the final key to providing the Bills with a very solid defense.

I pm'd my explanation for the Broncos' selection of Chris Williams to Randall, but in short - they need a left tackle, and Williams should step into their zone blocking scheme nicely. They have bigger needs at DT and a S to replace Lynch, but nobody worth #12 available.

Denver has more needs on defense than offense, but with the 12th pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, they select Chris Williams, OT Vanderbilt. Kind of a tough decision between Chris Williams and Jeff Otah, but I think Williams might be a better immediate fit for their zone blocking scheme. DT is a bigger need, and they could potentially trade up to try to get Sedrick Ellis with this pick, as they couldn't stop the run last year to save their lives. But with what's out there, left tackle is the direction that makes the most sense.