[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beef and Beer Stew

SheikYerbuti

This came out pretty good today. . . .

Beef and Beer Stew

1 large onion, chopped

1 large carrot, chopped

1 large celery stalk, chopped

1 lb chuck meat, in large cubes

1 tsp tomato paste

1/2 bottle beer

1 cup beef broth

2 heaping tbsp flour

2 bay leaves

4 tbsp vegetable oil

1 tsp each, salt and pepper

Pre-heat oven to 300. In a large dutch oven, heat 2 tbsp of oil on the stovetop, then sear half the meat on all sides. Don't crowd the bottom of the dutch oven. When well seared, remove to a bowl. Add more oil, allow to heat and sear the rest of the meat. Remove to the bowl. Add the tomato paste to the dutch oven and cook for 3 minutes in the beef drippings. Add the vegetables and salt and cook for 7 minutes, until slightly softened and browned. Add the flour and cook another 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the beer and beef broth and stir well to combine. Add back the seared meat and bay leaves. Cover and place in the oven for 2 hours, stirring every half hour. Adjust thickness with extra beef broth before serving. Garnish with fresh parsley.

Notes: For the beer, I wanted to use Guinness to give it a thick, Irish stew taste and look but when I got home I didn't have any. I used Fosters instead, which was just fine.

This came out pretty good today. . . .

Beef and Beer Stew

1 large onion, chopped

1 large carrot, chopped

1 large celery stalk, chopped

1 lb chuck meat, in large cubes

1 tsp tomato paste

1/2 bottle beer

1 cup beef broth

2 heaping tbsp flour

2 bay leaves

4 tbsp vegetable oil

1 tsp each, salt and pepper

Pre-heat oven to 300. In a large dutch oven, heat 2 tbsp of oil on the stovetop, then sear half the meat on all sides. Don't crowd the bottom of the dutch oven. When well seared, remove to a bowl. Add more oil, allow to heat and sear the rest of the meat. Remove to the bowl. Add the tomato paste to the dutch oven and cook for 3 minutes in the beef drippings. Add the vegetables and salt and cook for 7 minutes, until slightly softened and browned. Add the flour and cook another 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the beer and beef broth and stir well to combine. Add back the seared meat and bay leaves. Cover and place in the oven for 2 hours, stirring every half hour. Adjust thickness with extra beef broth before serving. Garnish with fresh parsley.

Notes: For the beer, I wanted to use Guinness to give it a thick, Irish stew taste and look but when I got home I didn't have any. I used Fosters instead, which was just fine.

ill have to give it a try but with some elk ive been saving....