[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brandon Marshall

Avernus

MARSHALL CUTS ARM IN TV MISHAP

Posted by Mike Florio on March 22, 2008, 9:40 p.m.

Receiver Brandon Marshall is, by all appearances, poised to become an elite NFL receiver.

To make it happen in 2008, however, he’ll have to overcome a non-football injury that he recently suffered.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Marshall slipped and fell at his home and stuck his arm through a television set. Marshall was treated and released at a local hospital, where he received stitches in his arm.

Maybe the given explanation is the truth, but it’s hard not to be skeptical. In the past, multiple pro athletes have gotten themselves hurt at home — and then they’ve offered up flimsy excuses as to what really happened.

We’ve got a feeling that there’s more to this particular story. Maybe we’ll find out more, possibly with the aid of Coach Kevlar’s polygraph machine.

per ProfootballTalk

I doubt this seriously has an impact, however I don't know how serious this is either..

"Maybe the given explanation is the truth, but it’s hard not to be skeptical.

We’ve got a feeling that there’s more to this particular story."

He is a pro-athlete. He was injured at home. He must be lying about the circumstances. Wonder if that writer is a Huddle member? LOL He says exactly what most MB posters will be saying the rest of the day. :wacko:

Just like when my wife slipped and fell face first on my open faced hand as it was traveling upward at a high rate of speed to wipe the sweat from my brow when I was building her a new white picket fence.

Accidents happen exactly the way people tell them, especially athletes, what's the big deal? :wacko:

Guest Chappy
Gotta watch out for those empty McDonald's bags. :wacko:

And you thought Jake Delhomme, Server of Biscuit Justice was bad?

I can hear things like this coming out throughout the season...

"Oh he Micky-D'd that pass from Cutler"

"That ball must have had special sauce all over it"

"B-Marsh is having a Big YAC-attack"

"Oh no! Oakland fans are throwing their McDonald's bags onto the field"

Edited by Chappy

Is that you BB?

:wacko:

Well, if it was due to something else, you'd think with the Bronco hype machine & his agent doting over him that they'd be capable of devising a better excuse than falling into a TV.

On the other hand, the best they could come with Griese was that he fell over his dog.

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports Brandon Marshall's arm-through-the TV injury occurred when he slipped on an empty McDonalds bag. :wacko:

Happens to the best of 'em. Marshall apparently tried to brace his fall with his arm and put it through the television entertainment center. "It's funny because I pride myself on YAC (yards after catch) and being one of the toughest players to take down once I have the ball in my hands," Marshall said. "So for the next couple of days I'm going to take the time to build my confidence back up

after allowing that McDonalds bag to take me down." His arm will be in a cast for two weeks. It's uncertain how many stitches he needed.

Source: NFL.com

At least he has a sense of humor about it if this is true.