[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brandon Marshall

Avernus

They interviewed BM on Sirius, and the whole thing sounded like a made up story. He ordered chicken tenders, which come in a box, not a bag. Yeah the whole meal comes in a bag, but why was it on the floor?Also, he said nothing was wrong with his hand, just his forearm. How do you put your arm through a TV without messing up your hand? TV glass is like a quarter inch thick...

To top it off, when the host asked him if Shanny was gonna give him the lie detector test, he quickly answered with "Thanks for having me on the show..."

Something else happened that he is covering up.

ETA - I think he also said it happened at a hotel, so perhaps they can confirm it with the hotel that a TV was broken, then they can find out if it really was from a fist, or from being thrown out of roid rage. :wacko:

Edited by peepinmofo

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports Brandon Marshall will miss the next three months after undergoing right arm surgery over the weekend.

As it turns out, the injury was far more severe than Marshall let on. He severed a vein, nerve, artery, and five muscle tendons. Marshall not only needed stitches, but surgery to suture the wounds. He'll be in a cast for the next two weeks and a splint four weeks after that. Marshall reportedly didn't get hurt falling on a McDonalds bag. He was wrestling with family members.

Guest Chappy
NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports Brandon Marshall will miss the next three months after undergoing right arm surgery over the weekend.

As it turns out, the injury was far more severe than Marshall let on. He severed a vein, nerve, artery, and five muscle tendons. Marshall not only needed stitches, but surgery to suture the wounds. He'll be in a cast for the next two weeks and a splint four weeks after that. Marshall reportedly didn't get hurt falling on a McDonalds bag. He was wrestling with family members.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he lost.

His Uncle, S.D Jones, had no comment.

Guest Chappy
Marshall reportedly didn't get hurt falling on a McDonalds bag. He was wrestling with family members.

These are not necessarily unrelated.

They better not be, because he flat out said he slipped on a bag. Nowhere in the interview did he say he was wrestling.

Maybe he slipped on the bag while wrestling with his brother. :wacko: Maybe he needs an LCD TV.

By Jim Armstrong

It was a Big Mac Attack. That's Brandon Marshall's story, and he's sticking to it.

"I understand I've had my problems, but from what people are saying, they're trying to twist this thing around to make me sound like some kind of bad guy," Marshall said. "I don't care what anyone says. I'm telling you what happened."

According to Marshall, the injuries to his right arm that required surgery and will sideline him for most of the offseason were the result of a freak weekend accident caused by horseplay with family members and a misplaced McDonald's bag.

"We woke up early in the morning, probably 7 o'clock, to go jet skiing," Marshall said. "There were probably 10 of us, maybe more. We got to horseplaying and I slipped on a McDonald's bag. I went hand-first into an entertainment system and, in trying to bridge myself, I went through the TV."

Marshall acknowledged earlier that he had slipped on a McDonald's bag, but an NFL Network report Monday added details of his wrestling with family members. According to the report, Marshall severed an artery, a vein and a nerve in his right forearm, along with tendons to five muscles. The injury is expected to sideline him for several weeks, but Marshall said he expects to be ready for training camp in late July.

"It seems like I'm a bad guy for injuring my arm," he said. "We'll laugh about it later. I've set goals and my goals are high. I'm determined to reach those goals, and I will not be satisfied with anything else."

Earlier Monday, Marshall's teammates seemed unaware of the nature of their teammate's injuries. He was at the Broncos' Dove Valley headquarters for the start of the team's offseason conditioning program, but wasn't made available to the media.

Tight end Tony Scheffler, who recently spent six weeks in Atlanta working out with Marshall and quarterback Jay Cutler, made light of the situation.

"I've done things like that, too," Scheffler said. "It may seem silly to the public. When you read it, you're like, 'OK, there's got to be more to the story.' But at the same time, I've been in that situation, too, where no one believes my story. I'm accident-prone and I can tell similar stories as his. Luckily, he didn't get hurt too badly. He was here today and will be back at it before you know it. It's one of those things you've just got to kind of laugh at, I guess."

Marshall, a fourth-round draft choice in 2006, had a breakout year in 2007, catching 102 passes for 1,235 yards and seven touchdowns. His emergence as Cutler's go-to receiver was a factor in the team's decision to cut Javon Walker, who had expressed his unhappiness with his role in the offense.

Word of Marshall's injuries came on the same day a jury trial was postponed in his trial on charges of driving under the influence. A new trial date has been set for June in Denver District Court. Marshall was arrested on Oct. 22, hours after catching six passes for 77 yards in a 31-28 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Marshall said he would discuss his injury with the Denver media, possibly as soon as today.

The word is he's out for 4 months. Lacerated an artery, some veins and some tendons. They are projecting him back for the beginning of training camp in July, but I wonder if this injury will affect his strength and ability to hold onto the football. He likes to try for those yards after the catch, and takes a lot of hits. I forshadow some fumbling issues if his arm is not back to 100%.

:wacko: Edit: I am not a doctor.

The word is he's out for 4 months. Lacerated an artery, some veins and some tendons. They are projecting him back for the beginning of training camp in July, but I wonder if this injury will affect his strength and ability to hold onto the football. He likes to try for those yards after the catch, and takes a lot of hits. I forshadow some fumbling issues if his arm is not back to 100%.

:wacko: Edit: I am not a doctor.

these same factors play a role in how I rank him...

of course when it comes down to my top 15-20...the slightest problem can shake-up my rankings...

not to mention I keep flip-flopping my 3rd and 4th ranked WR every time I make a list...

Brandon Marshall, who has been plagued by off-the-field issues since entering the NFL, has declared that it's time for him to "grow up."

"From here on out, it's Brandon Marshall, clean-cut guy. :wacko: Just trying to get my life together as far as accidents and DUIs," Marshall said. Marshall did explain that his arm injury was caused by trying to avoid a McDonald's bag while wresting his brother, clearing up that confusion. "It was just 'horseplaying,' what brothers do," Marshall said. And thus, we have the second NFL-related instance of Rotoworld's 2008 Most Popular Fantasy Team Name: "consensual horseplay."

Source: sportingnews.com