[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beer Tour

loaf

So I was out with a co-worker last Saturday and he said his goal in life was to finish the Winking Lizard's Beer Tour

I've never attempted but have always wanted to. Been trying out some very interesting beers. The 1809 was awesome and came with a raspberry syrup that you can/cannot add at your discretion...I'm now up to 8 beers off the list. Doing the $7+ ones first to get them out of the way. Not looking forward to the Barley wine as the one and only I've ever had sucked. His wife's outta town this upcoming week and we're planning a stop every night to try 1-2. Anyone have a similar event at a local establishment? This is really kinda cool. There's also a trappist sub-tour that costs $1 and when you drink 5, you get a snifter. Each location has different snifters available so depending on where you finish, that's the glass you get. And the beers also come off your tour list so it's kinda like a double points thing....

So I was out with a co-worker last Saturday and he said his goal in life was to finish the Winking Lizard's Beer Tour

I've never attempted but have always wanted to. Been trying out some very interesting beers. The 1809 was awesome and came with a raspberry syrup that you can/cannot add at your discretion...I'm now up to 8 beers off the list. Doing the $7+ ones first to get them out of the way. Not looking forward to the Barley wine as the one and only I've ever had sucked. His wife's outta town this upcoming week and we're planning a stop every night to try 1-2. Anyone have a similar event at a local establishment? This is really kinda cool. There's also a trappist sub-tour that costs $1 and when you drink 5, you get a snifter. Each location has different snifters available so depending on where you finish, that's the glass you get. And the beers also come off your tour list so it's kinda like a double points thing....

I wish they had something like this where I live. These are the beers I've had off of that list (that I can recall):

Abita Purple Haze

Allagash White

Anchor Steam

Avery IPA

Boddingtons

Breckenridge Oatmeal Stout

Chimay Blue

Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA

Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA

Dos Equis Amber

Duvel

Flying Dog In Heat Wheat

Flying Dog Old Scratch

Hobgoblin

Left Hand Milk Stout

Lucifer

Magic Hat #9

McEwan's Scotch Ale

Murphy's Irish Stout

Negra Modelo

Ommegang 3 Philosophers (a personal favorite)

Ommegang Hennepin

Sam Adams Pale Ale

Samuel Smith's Imperial Stout

Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

Spaten Optimator

Victory Golden Monkey

Youngs Double Chocolate Stout

Good luck in completing the tour.

When I was at Penn State, there was a bar there named Zeno's that did Around the World in 80 Beers. You got a little passport and evey different beer you had they would check it off. When I left I had over 270 check marks in my passport. :wacko:

I gave up reading when I saw cider on the list

There's nothing wrong with cider (I like some) but to put it on a beer tour list is stupid. Maybe there was a vodka tonic further down on the list as well.

Edited by chester

There's nothing wrong with cider (I like some) but to put it on a beer tour list is stupid. Maybe there was a vodka tonic further down on the list as well.

99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer, if one those bottles happens to be cider, 1 less dolt interested in a post...

You need a quick course in marketing. Chicks man, it's about getting the chicks there. :wacko: